1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. I'll do both my orders at once, since they arrived about the same time...

* What did you order?
      MD Amber, blank with no add-ons
      MD Glati, blank with no add-ons

* When did you order?
      Amber was ordered in early February and paid at once.
      Glati was ordered on four-month layaway in March and paid in full in June

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company

* How was the communication?
      Excellent, as all questions I left on the Q&A board were answered promptly, and all payment receipts were acknowledged promptly. As well, they allowed me to pay late on a couple of Glati's layaway payments when I politely asked if I could.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Well... we're talking MDs in both cases, which are notoriously long shipping times. Both arrived in August, making a shipping time of roughly 6 months for Amber and 5 from ordering/2 from payment for Glati. (I do believe my Glati was mistakenly shipped early, as many who paid before me were/are still waiting at this time, so your mileage may vary.)

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      When compared to dolls of similar size, I believe they are surprisingly appropriately priced for an LE model. They are both quite lovely.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Other than being blank, yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, quite satisfied.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, I would.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, absolutely.

2. * What did you order?
      March monthly doll Cuprit
      * When did you order?
      April 12th
      Directly from Soom english website
      Good
      very easy
      after final payment was made about 2 months and half
      yes
      yes
      her extra leg piece was not drilled all the way through for the elastic cord so she can be strung with the hoove. other than that i was quite satisfied with her.
      Soom asked me to send the leg to them, which i did and they have kindly refunded me the shipping cost to send it. They fixed the leg and send it back to me very quickly.
      yes
      maybe...

3. * What did you order? 6 pair of SOOM eyes
      * When did you order? March 29/09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Through dollsoom.com
      * How was the communication? great
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? almost the next day!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Always
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? exactly
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very much so, but they sent me the wrong size, and only one pair instead of two of the same eyes (I have twins)
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They sent me out the correct amount and in the correct size and told me to keep the wrong ones they sent. They were polite, and wonderful to deal with!!
      * Would you order from this company again? Many times, I'm sure
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

4. * What did you order?
      Nude unblushed Glot, a pair of acrylic eyes and a pair of silicone eyes

* When did you order?
      Feb. 27th, Layaway until April 27th

Through company

Very easy, I had to change my info at one point and it was corrected quickly.

Easy; paypal and clear instructions for layaway.

Quite some time...it shipped September 7th (was supposed to ship by August 10th) but hey, she's here!

Definitely, she's really cute, and I love the resin <3

Well, as close as a blank doll can look to the pictures...

Indeed

Perhaps. I really like their monthlies, but their more normal dolls...not as much for their price.

Most likely ^^

5. * What did you order? - Soom MD Skoll

* When did you order? - 23rd April 09 (day they were released)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? - Ordered directly from the company

* How was the communication? - Good as always. Jin Lee always got back to me within 24 hours whenever I asked about my Skoll.

* How easy was it to pay? - Paid with Paypal as usual.

* How long did it take to ship? - A little over the four month's mark, but more or less on-time according to the Soom shipping schedule. I'm very happy my Skoll shipped as early as it did, because all other Soom dolls I've bought in the past usually suffered delays of some sort or another.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Absolutely. My Skoll's face up is beautifully done and while the doll does have seams (I didn't order seam sanding), it's not horribly sharp and obvious seams like the kind I got on my Sabik Elf ~.~

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? - Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product? - 100% Satisfied.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? - N/A

* Would you order from this company again? - I already have lol

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? - Providing the product is in good condition and no longer available from Soom, yes I would buy the product second hand if I really, really had to have that particular product.

6. * What did you order?
      Soom MD Heliot, Blank, No Extras

* When did you order?
      Feb 11th, 2009

Direct

Quick Responces, but I would've liked mroe honest and accurate shipping dates.

Very easy, via paypal.

I asked for a three month layaway, but paid him off March 18th. I did this because on the Q&A I was told layaway goods were shipped when payment was recieved. This was inaccurate, but perhaps they didn't realise I was refering to an MD order. They actually shipped 24th June, which was pretty quick by comparison to others, who had to wait six months plus.

No. I was annoyed not only to have to glue in the magnets myself and therefor not handle either head for a few hours (not patient with new dolls!), but also that the resin itself was dusty or rough in various places on his body and his open eyed head. I would have paid the price for a complete doll, but the fact I had to repair him made him feel like a kit doll.

I feel like his features were exaggerated due to over-photoshopping, but not enough to complain about. I do like his nice manly nose, which was too over-exposed in the sales pics to get a really good view of.

Yes and no. As I said before, he was very much like a kit doll, as I had to glue in his magnets, plus dissassmble him so that I could sand out all the rough areas and clean off the large amount of resin dust. I also later had to cut out some excess resin in one of his hooves as although it was drilled through, there was a rough, undrilled piece near the foot that caught on the elastic and shredded it.

I mentioned it, but I fixed the doll myself, so it was just an expression of oppinion rather than asking for fixing though. I do believe they now glue in the magnets however.

I would prefer not to if I can help it. As pleasant as they are, the wait times are beyond excessive at this point (I'm currently on my seventh month on a Glot and Glati) and the product I recieved was rushed and unfinished. I won't shy away completely though, as the dolls are beautiful and over-priced in the second-hand market. With this new delivery guarentee system, I might take the risk though.

Most definately, for the right price. In fact, I am buying a Cuprit head and several other parts as soon as I can!

7. * What did you order? vesuvia, heliot, glot galti, skoll,
      * When did you order? during the ordering periods XD (i can't remeber dates)
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct
      * How was the communication? pretty good when i post on the Q&A (though not often) i always get a reply within a few days at the latest. however i didn't post that often and i hardly requested ship
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy i did layaways and pay in fulls via paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 5-7 months roughly.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? some pieces were a little rough on the seam lines, others great. would be my only complaint about the dolls really. so i'd say it's not to bad.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? sometimes looked better other times looked worse. i personally found glot cuter in pictures than in real life. the heliot outfit though was a major disapointment and the only thing i'd say was over priced and out of context in look.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very in the pieces that i got :) minus the heliot outfit it was sad.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? though i was satified i did have a few issues with my heliot order, 2 outfits were missing a head had a very strange crack in it, i had a broken hand and missing one faceup (all things i added after the order was placed on the q&a) but they were very nice to credit me for missing items and promtly replaced broken ones with out needing to to return the broken ones to them first. i very much appercated that.
      * Would you order from this company again? oh yes i have many plans to though i hope more standard dolls and less md. XD
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? oh yes yes if i could.

8. * What did you order? soom dia male + accessories
      * When did you order? first july
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? company
      * How was the communication? good
      * How easy was it to pay? paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 weeks/customs
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? not so much, but the sculpt is gorgeous
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? /
      yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? already did

9. * What did you order? Soom MD (May) Chrom + Wig
      * When did you order? 30th of May, 4 month layaway
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct
      * How was the communication? Very good.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, though I don't like using paypal much myself. I finished paying in August
      * How long did it take to ship? Surpisingly fast for a MD, he shipped September 18th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, he is nicely cast, seams are not something that bother me, but they're reasonable. Not as invisable as Fairylands, but reasonable. They could have used a slightly better system in the foot connections rubber plug/hook maybe?) as I've managed to scratch the area around the hole, in the hole, a bit fighting with such strong elastic.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, I feel this was one of the LEAST photoshopped lot of pics they have done (what is with them and bumping the contrast of pictures full of white so much?)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? /
      Myself, I would order from them again, though seeing other's shipping times, I would never order with a face-up myself, beautiful as they are.

10. PLEASE SEE MY UPDATE POSTED ON 10/25/2009!!!

* What did you order? Rosette Fir
      * When did you order? 8/15
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Soom/Rosette
      * How was the communication?N/A
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 7 weeks, received 10/15
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Amazing quality
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better!!!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely happy
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? If my current issue is resolved...see new message please...

11. * What did you order?
      Soom LE Feb MD Glati - Dream Caller

* When did you order?
      March 14, 2009

Directly at the Soom English site

Jin Lee was really polite and he (or she?) answered my inquiries within a day or two. What I didn't like was the fact that Soom gave me 3 fake shipping dates. The original shipping date they announced on the site was 2nd week of July. The first time I inquired, they said it would be delayed to August 24. Then they shifted it to September 30 and finally October 9.

I did it on a layaway that was supposed to last for 4 months but I ended up finishing it 9 days after I ordered.

They shipped it 201 days after they confirmed my payment. I was able to get my doll at the Soom Harajuku store on October 10, 2009. Almost 7 months.

Yes and no. I bought the full set so the price bloated. The resin quality, faceup, body blushing, outfit and hair were wonderful. However, I'm not happy with the engineering of his joints (especially if compared with Fairyland Littlefee joints). The legs are really kicky and I couldn't bend it in angles less than 90/180 degrees. Putting the hooves should have made the balancing easier but it actually made things worse because the balance mostly depends on the edges of the thighs and legs so those areas were very prone to chipping. I think I would have to restring and wire my doll to make him sturdy, otherwise he will be sitting for the rest of his life. I was also a bit annoyed with the fact that they didn't put the magnets on the doll. I was stupid enough to glue one of the head magnets in the wrong polarity so I had to wait for more than a day so I could put one of the horns on his head. In the end, I used plasticina to keep the magnets in place.

Yes.

Yes and no. The product was kinda okay. The waiting time was definitely horrible. Add to it the fact that I finished paying earlier but there are people who paid later but received their packages earlier.

N/A

I already have (September MD Sphaer). I'm a sucker for mythical/fantasy-themed dolls which currently Soom specializes on.

Most probably. I'm not filthy rich to be able to afford all monthly dolls during their ordering period.

12. This was my feedback that I left for the receipt of my beautiful doll, that I just learned last night, Was not a Fir, the faceplate was Marquerite.
      I have posted a new message, after several tries, to their message board. I will update here, hopefully, as to how they will correct this situation.

Not too happy at the moment, I will remain optimistic with this Company.

Erika

I received her recently and I am happy, I received very quick replies to my concerns, and was refunded in the form of points. Also, I have cashed the points in on some beautiful eyes (that I already have received), and I have my faith restored!!! They did good by me, and I will be a repeat customer.

THANK YOU SOOM!!!

13. * What did you order?
      Rosette doll Summer Fir limited

* When did you order?
      8/22/o9

Direct

very poor, they did not take time to comprehend simple requests, went through a website upgrade during my order that caused havoc, lost my account, could not understand when I kept telling them to log in, simply answering to check my order status on "mypage" for which of course I would have had to log in.

very easy

three months, the shipping time frame quoted on the sale page is one month

the quality of the doll and accoutrement is excellent

yes, exactly like the sale pictures

I love her completely.

Eventually but I still feel that they did not listen to my original concerns, I had to contact them five times about the one issue. I can understand that they had technical difficulties, but the solutions they gave made NO sense given the concern I had, Basically I feel like they were just not paying any attention.

Honestly, I think I will not be, partly because I only want one of their dolls, partly because of the poor customer service.

Possibly but unlikely as I only want the one doll from them

Note I have purchased from Soom before, a couple of years ago, and had a wonderful transaction with extremely fast shipping. However with recent changes and rapid increase in company activity without sufficient increase in infrastructure Soom seems unable to meet demand in either production or customer support. I do hope the company evens out and gets back to the service I have experienced from them in the past, however I doubt I will order anything more from them any time soon.

14. * What did you order? Glot
      * When did you order? Feb.27
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from the company.
      * How was the communication? Considering the language differences, it was okay I guess.
      * How easy was it to pay? Since I could not the layaway option I had to email them and ask them to make it a layaway and then wait several days for them to get back to me.
      * How long did it take to ship? end of Feb. to mid- Aug. 6 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? More than so. All of the seam sanding had been done and she was perfectly smooth and the resin looked to be of excellent quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes minus the face up.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oh yes. She was totally adorable and worth the wait.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Oh yes... we already have. Waiting to make last payment on a Beyla.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If the previous owner has taken care of the doll I see no reason not to. They seem to have a fine quality procuct. even if the wait times are a bit much.

- ShadowHawke -

15. *What did you order?
      Soom MD Chrom

* When did you order?
      15 June 2009

Directly from Soom website

I got automated emails for order confirmation, order status change as well as shipping confirmation. I didnt contact Soom regardng the order.

By Paypal, very easy.

I finished my layaway some time in July, and he was on shipping the 28th October. So it took around 3 months.

Oh yes definitely. I love him so much!

IMO, he looks as good (if not better!) than the promo pics.

Definitely yes :)

NA

Yes, I already have hehe.

I might, it depends on the price, product and seller ofcourse.

16. What did you order?
      Soom MD Chrom with face up on human head, wig and ball-jointed hand

When did you order?
      30 May 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from SOOM.

How was the communication?
      I only asked them one time and they answer in a few days.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal, very easy.

How long did it take to ship?
      aroud 3 months after I finished my layaway, or 5 months after I ordered.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very much

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, except a little part on his face-up like eye-brows and blushing that looks a bit different.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, I really like him.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

17. * What did you order?
      Eliv, with clothes, no faceup.

* When did you order?
      8th July

Direct

Standard automated stuff when buying. I did not get any notification when they shipped so the first I found out they had was when I got a customs notice.

Straightforward enough.

Just under 4 months from ordering to receiving.

Yes. Some of the option parts are a little rough where the string goes through but they're fine on the outside. Joints function well.

Yes

Yes

Not applicable

Already have (Birdie)

Yes

18. What did you order?
      MD Beyla, Blank

When did you order?
      26th august 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      From the company

How was the communication?
      Almost none, never replied to any questions or whatever. Except the first one.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal then easy.

How long did it take to ship?
      Finished to pay 22nd October, my doll was at home 10th November.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, of course

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, even better.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Totally !

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      ////

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If the price wasn't that insane, yes ^^

19. * What did you order? Soom Cass fullset (the works)

* When did you order? July 20 or thereabouts. Whatever the first day was she was released.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from Soom, and without layaway.

* How was the communication? They didn't send me a shipping notice. She just showed up at the post office one day.

* How easy was it to pay? Very. Paypal for the win.

* How long did it take to ship? 5 months from date of order. A long time, but much shorter than I expected.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No. No amount of frustration is worth what I have had to deal with from this order.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

Not at all. Soom sent her with an undrilled right Ocean Elf hand and two left Ocean Elf Calves. They also forgot to include her eyes.

So far, they have not. I was told to send the defective items back (at my own expense), which means Soom is basically holding the correct parts hostage until I pay to correct their mistake.

12/1 UPDATE: When I did receive a replacement box from them, it contained a blank doll head, which was meant to be shipped to someone else. They then wanted me to pay AGAIN to send this item back that never should've been sent to me in the first place. I still have not received my correct parts, and will be filing a dispute with my credit card company if this is not corrected by Friday. :x

* Would you order from this company again? Absolutely NOT.

I've bought way too many of them, so yes.

20. * What did you order? MD Cuprit w/default face, wig, outfit, eyes and another wig

* When did you order? March 31st

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from Soom

* How was the communication? They were always prompt and polite with everything.

* How easy was it to pay? Very. Paypal may suck but it makes things easy...er...

* How long did it take to ship? too long. :D well, not really. After layaway was complete a little under 2 months

I know shes a limited, so that makes some of the price but if I had to buy her again, no matter how gorgeous her human features are, I would not pay that much.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The face was a lot more vibrant which made me love her even more.

For the most part. She was too lose, even with the hooves on so needed to be tightened. Other then that i have no complaints. Shes well made.

Satisfied

I have... :( I dont know why tho.

Most definitely.