1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 75cm Discussion Part 10

Jun 10, 2021

1. I think it light violet faded really nice from what I remember seeing of owner pictures.

I love the sculpt so much but gosh I don’t really do fantasy colors… argh…

2. sigh....I'm not a super fan of the fantasy skins. Hyun looks so good though. Back to waiting...

#422 hiyonoxd, Jan 17, 2023
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    3. I asked this in another Soom thread once, and the answer I got was that there was an early batch of light violet that turned green, but they have solved the issue since then. I still take that with a grain of salt, honestly :lol:

4. I've been waiting for Hyun, but not with these colors :...(The gray looks nice though. If they didn't charge extra for that color, I might have gotten it.

Anyways, the new head cut looks like the old head cut. I wonder if they'll all be cut the same way in the future.

5. Is the head cut new starting this Hyun release ? I can’t quite see a difference between it and the 2022 releases, but am curious what the diff is

6. They noted the new cut in the new hyun release. It looks serrated/jagged. The ones I have from 2021/2022 were all smooth.

7. It looks like the original cut!

8. A bit surprised as I thought more people would be interested in Hyun because of the great fantasy colors but seen a lot of comments on insta and elsewhere from people wishing he came in normal/tawny. I hope he still gets a good amount of orders because I would hate Soom to think people just don't like those resin colors. I would have been in trouble had it been a dark grey/light violet Narmer, Garion, Amor or Ender, I definitely want to see those colors available to purchase again.

9. me too... might have had one more set of fraternal twins if it had been these colours and Garion Dokkebi... <<can still hope for him in blue sometime I do think Hyun is so beautiful though (that pout is everything and then also seafaring theme...) maybe I can nab him next round of the fantasy resin.

10. Hi all, was wondering if someone has an Idealian head they can photo side by side with a Megagem released on an Idealian body? Or even better, including a Megagem original release head (ie sold on a Megagem body).

Would like to see size differences with neck hole comparison.... realise they are all similar but my Megagem (original) heads fit but don't have much range of movement, so a visual comparison will help me make a decision on how to tweak the head... thanks :D

11. It really depends on the head you have. My Phonolus fit nicely on the ID72 and 75, and I'm pretty sure they haven't modified the neck fit since he was originally made for the MG body.
      If it helps - I once put a Supergem Migma on a Fairyland Feeple65 body and her head movement range was horrible - the neck fit was a bit too good, and Migmas neck hole too deep. I took a dremel and just carefully sanded the corned of her neck joint off. Some pictures in the spoilers.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Thanks @meanae much appreciated! The mod visual is perfect (going to use that for a couple of my minimees ;) ) need to dig out a Pholonus head and compare I think.

13. Handsome boy, congrats! Also, loved the outfit and props :love

I'm kind of new with fantasy colors, considering that I only have one doll in grey skin, and I got terryfied when a friend of mine show me a doll completly faded to green and it used to be was lilac. I'm glad to rear that they fixed this issue.

Hi there! I am about to receive a Bronze skin doll, and I intend to change the head with a Normal skin doll.
      I would like to know if there is anyone here who has dolls with those two resin colors, so I can see how much work I will have on resin match.

14. Did anyone get shipping notices for Romantic D. Garion? I saw a box opening on IG for him. Had no idea he was shipping already!

I paid mine off early at the end of January so might still be a while for those with layaway as my original layaway gave me until like sometime in March. I just messaged them earlier in the week to change my address to a family members cause I am moving in April and wasn't sure when it would be shipped. But I probably could have kept it my address if they are shipping now haha.

15. I would not be too worried with darker grey skin at least. I do not have experience with Soom lilac/light violet skintone dolls, but I have Soom teenie gem in grey skin from 2010 and it is still perfect, no yellowing or fading to green. I did order grey skin Void last month, as I really like Soom grey skin. ;)

16. Thank you for sharing your experience with me! Void it's such a handsome guy! Congratulations!!! :love Looking foward to see him!
      My is an Hyperon vampire head with grey skin. Need to finish him (not in a Mortal Kombat way :XD:)

17. Just wanted to drop in with a random photo of my Zak in a very special outfit~
      [​IMG]
      Also, anyone have any stand recommendations suitable for Idealians? The one I had bought just doesn't cut it--can't support his top half at all so he just flops over lolol.

18. @fate_xo he's gorgeous and especially in that very special outfit indeed :love
      his blue skin looks amazing with it. what a beautiful lining for the cloak!
      and the boots...:nosebleed each time i look i see something else i missed in the promo :XD:
      are the mandalas along the hem of the cloak metal or embroidery?

I wish i had stand advice to share, but i'm in same boat. thinking to wire my poor floppy boys, and maybe tune up the lathe and make some wood stands that appear to be furniture :lol: