1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 75cm Discussion Part 10

Jun 10, 2021

1. Oh my lort, the claws? THE HEEL FEET???

2. the horns. they are maybe my tipping point... as all those other points are making the "yes" pile hip deep, just need that other lil push don't we now... i do love that smirk...

3. You should def get him @Grimalkin! XD

I am in slight regret now I didn't get the horns with deco and now they are all sold out. I was thinking at the time more that I wouldn't need them for my Ender but the deco horns would have looked great as an extra set to go with my Garion. Oh well, I got Garion a fab outfit with a huge hat so the horns wouldn't have worked with it anyway not a huge loss (and at least I saved some money cause wooo the bronze resin tax plus other extra parts made for a hefty bill lol).

ETA- I just noticed his orange eyes too are Ash In Noon. They look amazing.

4. Is there a chance Ender will be released again one day? I really want him but have three dolls currently on layaway.

5. There have been a number of Ender releases and I imagine there will be more in the future.

6. @RebelViva - whelp... something came up and no full doll for me right now, but i am happy with my other sins...
      so I will settle for the standard horns, the gold eyes and feets :lol:
      the boys can fight over them

he is looking so good in the bronze, congrats! you can still get the plain horns and do your own accoutrements :cool:
      i can't wait to see this outfit for Garion too. have you heard anything about ship notices for other folks? i keep checking for a tracking but i am still in "preparing shipping"

7. I guess maybe about 2 and half till 3 years time Ender would be released again (that’s the sequence for those popular dolls like river/ narmer etc), but there’s no guarantees, you could use Q&A to ask soon about it. The color and head sculpt highly likely will be different from this time, as always.

Since you already have three dolls on layaway maybe its better to wait for it next time.:hug:

8. Aww thats too bad! :( But I am glad you were able to get horns, heels and eyes! Those eyes are particularly amazing.

Haha I was hoping for CW and not Bronze as the other color so I could have resisted the full doll and my Garion could have had heels LOL (he will just wear the normal ones and be a lil mismatched but wont be as bad under stockings). Here is the outfit I just ordered my Garion link (still avail I think in case anyone else wants to order). I got it in black! But I think I will pass on the horns for now.

I'm not sure about what Soom policies are in general about when they start making the doll after you order but it seems like for Garion they did not make the doll until it was PIF. So those who did PIF have already gotten their dolls I saw someone on IG who had a box opening end of Feb. I paid mine off early so hoping to get notice soon!

9. Soom doesn't start making the doll until the entire balance is cleared. So it sometimes takes forever if you go with the entire layaway.

How do you even see taobao stuff anymore? xD They won't even let me have an account anymore - but it's not a me issue. They're just making it harder and harder to browse the site overseas. I need clothes for my incoming Ender now and it seems like most of it is on that section of the hobby world.

On another note, I'm confused by Soom saying the outfit sold out fast. It was up for about an hour after release - or at least I saw it in stock? That's pretty slow for some of these outfits. And now this one hasn't even sold out. Happy I grabbed it either way, it's gorgeous. This dude will be a centerpiece in the cabinet lol

10. does anyone know if the hands are compatible with other super gems from them? i want those claws for my sard but don't want to pay the hefty price to find out they don't work :?

11. That's what I thought but Soom shipped my Violet Skin Teeny Gem Glati 2 weeks after my 3 month layaway. Maybe someone flaked on their order? Or could make it really fast cause shes so small? Idk.

Re: Taobao. You unfortunately can't browse without an account and in order not to get your account closed you need to make a purchase on the site without an agent.You can be from the US and buy pretty much anything on TB itself but if you dont speak Chinese then you cant really communicate with the seller in case something goes wrong or you need to pay balance, etc. so worth to do it on something small and in-stock. Although New Clover Singing and SpaceBJD have alot of Taobao outfits for ID75. Also Little Overbearing CEO on IG speaks english so if you end up ordering something to secure a TB account I would do it through them, they would be able to help you order.

Congrats on the outfit though! It is beautiful!

12. Oh that's very strange, I wonder if it was so small that they found it less of a risk to start it early or something.

My thing is they kept banning my account the moment I made it and I've seen a ton of other people having similar issues. I don't mind going through agents like NCS and Space, but I just miss being able to browse myself. :( It used to be one of my favorite activities to wind down with. Always new stuff. But thank you, I'll try the person you linked :)

13. I don't know how long Soom usually takes to ship if you PIF, but back in 2018 they shipped my Sard only 1.5 months after I finished my layaway, which I thought was pretty fast! :ablink: I suppose they could have made him from scratch in that amount of time, but I had expected to wait much longer because of the layaway.

14. Oh boo, I couldn't make anything work financially so Ender will have to be a pipe dream. xD I hope everyone that was able to get one takes lots of pictures and let's me live vicariously through them! LOL <3

15. I got my Garion ship notice! I am really looking forward to him :3nodding:

I've got some doll tax to share, since I finally managed to do a photoshoot again.

[​IMG]

16. The standard long nailed hands do work on the Idealians. My Hyperon uses the long nailed jointed hands. They look fine on him..

17. So, apparently SOOM isn't going to take Paypal anymore, and this year my bank has decided to auto-block my card every time I buy anything overseas, even when there's nothing new about the transaction and I've explained it to them before. Sheesh.
      Anyone else disappointed by this turn of events?

18. I'm so glad I managed to get my grail before this happened! Too bad for the other beauties that will be more difficult to obtain :pout:

19. Well that's... an interesting decision. Not that I have any insight into what percentage of Soom's income is via Paypal, but I imagine this will put a dent in their sales. I haven't had great experiences using my credit card overseas, so if Paypal isn't an option I guess I won't be buying direct anymore. :eek:

20. The PayPal issue is likely due to the fees and exchange rates and also paypal rules.

It's good if you live in the US and earn US dollars, but anyone from anywhere else can tell you that PayPal has the worst fees and exchange rates of many competitors. For me, if I can avoid paying using PayPal, I will do it, because on top of paying fees, I lose out on an exorbitant amount of money from them giving me a god awful AUD exchange rate. I would assume the case to be very similar for them as a korean company.

Regarding PayPal rules, technically companies are not allowed to use them for preorders, and all items must be shipped within 30 days, or they can be subject to having their account frozen or put under investigation.

A combination of the above two would make it a poor choice for them and an avenue of money loss most likely.

They take payments from most popular debit and credit cards, and probably feel that it's enough.