1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly doll March (Pisces) the Third Land: MA Vega - Last Song

Mar 6, 2008

1. so,yeah, i guess vega does make a hotter male....

2. What a gorgeous doll! :fangirl: I'm really loving that tail. And the whole color scheme is perfect.

3. I wish I had $1200. :o Truly a gorgeous merboy!

4. He's gorgeous, yeah, but I'm having an issue with it looking remarkably similar to an artist BJD on DoA. Can't be bothered finding the link, but it's by doschul, under the title "Gondwana". Could be just a coincidence, but nonetheless, it makes me uncomfortable.

5. OMG, he looks simply amazing. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the body blushing, the fins, the tail, etc.

6. This is the thread with the artist BJD http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174361&highlight=Gondwana

I have to admit that I can't see any resemblance between them... first cause this one is a man and that one (gorgeous) is a girl. Second the "mermaid scheme" looks really different to me.
      I think it is the same as vampire dolls, there are many and very differents.... it is just the time a doll company creates a mermaid (or merman...)

7. I like how they've fixed the Mecha Angel male's skinny upper arms.

8. No, besides the mermaid theme, I can't see a resemblance either.

I agree with Lazulistar, Vega does make a hotter man! I'm really curious about the tail. Is it jointed or what? I hope it is, cos that'd be awesome. :D

9. Well it looks like a COSTUME to me, not an actual tail. Or is it still too early (just woke up) and my eyes aren't focusing yet?

Still it's one heck of a costume.

(o and the term is merman, just in case... you don't see it used much because mermaids are generally prettier ;) )

Yep, just re-read the page. It's a regular male doll under a costume, with some "additional finny parts" :) So I guess the deciding factor would be how much do you like Vega on a boy body (it's nice!! *_*) and how much do you love the costume.

And that kind of dispenses with the uncomfortable resemblance of mer-parts to Doschuls truly incredible ball-jonted-tail dolls! O_O

10. Hmm OK, maybe it was just me overreacting then. :S

11. I've always been a merboy fan. My Angel is a merboy, also have another merboy who I won't turn into a doll. Yeah and Vega is a male...a very nice looking male. This is very bad for me! XD;;

OMG I just remembered Soom had a layway program >_>; Will not get, will not get, you need to save up for Dollectable! >.<;; Will let that first rush of excitment die down first and oogle from afar... I'm trying to be good and only get wishlist dolls, but so hard when these companies make such gorgeous men. :drool

12. its LEGS! its totally legs! its a merman outfit, notice how the tail is all covered in fabric :( i was so excited at first.... LEGS! ARRRGHH ::goes and cries::

13. I love all the fin parts he has. The webbed fingers and ears and lower arms.. that's so cool!

Is the tail a jointed mermaid-type tail or is it just legs in some sort of tail like piece of clothing? I can't tell.

--ooh, wait other comments hadn't been posted yet when I was writing this. Okay, legs. That's actually preferable for me.. ^^;

14. Maybe Soom will answer our question about the tail... And I agree with Patrice S: it looks like Soom has gifted the Mecha Angels boys with a more suitable body *__*

15. Oh...my...GAWD! I've hated all of the Mecha Angels so far, and really didn't like Vega when she first came out...But I have to agree that she is a very HOTT man! o_o <333

I promised myself Breakaway would be my last doll (at least until I have enough money to go to Japan)...but ooooh how I WANT him!!! TT-TT

16. Did I see/hear that they fixed the mecha angel body skinniness? O H D E A R! More reason to buy a sabik...or vega by the looks of his exuding manliness >____>

17. :drool:wiggleI'll make sure I'm drowning in the ocean just to be rescued by this Merman:love

18. I wish he was an MSD! I will now have to think about modding a doll to have cute arms like those!

19. Hahaha ;)

I really like the colour scheme used, and I love seeing Vega as a long haired resin hunk. I used to hate the female Vega, but she makes a very pretty boy. I also see this as an excuse to get Sabik too if I can afford him. Oh my, and I sort of want Lupin, and another Spinel. Gaaaah, I love you Soom! Please give me a huge discount :lol: