1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Product Feedback

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      I ordered a FC Bronze Afi (Male) with face up and blushing.
      * When did you order?
      21/04/2012
      Yes, most beautiful doll I have ever owned.
      There wasn't any sales pictures for bronze Afis, he was stunning none of the less.
      More than satisfied.
      Pros
      -Beautiful skin tone and doll.
      -Sculpting in the fantasy parts are very nicely detailed. The fur especially.
      -Blushing was very detailed and well done.
      Cons
      -face up wasn't as well done as the original releases
      -Not the best posing.

[​IMG]

* What did you order?
      Soom Wave with face up and body blushing.
      * When did you order?
      01/08/2012
      Yes, the doll was fairly cheap to begin with. Worth every penny.
      The doll looked identical to the sales picture.
      Yes. More than satisfied with both of my dolls.
      Pros
      -Violet skin colour is very soft and gorgeous.
      -Blushing was very well done again and faceup was much better this time.
      -The detail in the tail is spectacular. It's not heavily scaled like most mermaid tails. It has a very soft fishy like texture to it.
      -Great posing for a mermaid.
      Cons
      -The doll came strung extremely tight. It was so tight I was worried it would harm the doll.
      Already have and will continue doing so. c:

[​IMG]

3. * What did you order?
      Special order outfit SMC1115 (from Chalco Emerald King) in their Post Biweekly Clothes sale
      * When did you order?
      17th January 2013
      Yes, the outfit is well-constructed and the beading and other trims seem secure.
      Yes.
      Yes, definitely.
      Yes, although the cost of their outfits seems to have risen a lot recently.

4. What did you order?
      Dia boy with face up
      When did you order?
      17th june 2013
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      No I don't ,his face up is dirty
      [​IMG]
      Would you buy more from this company?
      No, never more

5. * What did you order?
      Little Gem Turb in grey with outfit and shoes.
      * When did you order?
      25th May 2013
      Yes. The outfit and shoes are nicely made. The transparent parts are a bright colour and free of bubbles, and I have no complaints about the quality of the doll itself.
      Yes.
      Yes, generally. The pointy nail feet were a little difficult to string because the bar for the s-hook was set quite low. The posing for the body has improved considerably compared to the other Little Gem I own.
      Yes. I have placed many orders with them, and have always been satisfied.

6. What did you order?
      MD Feny in CW, blank, no sanding.

When did you order?
      June 26, 2013

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. Aside from the full human doll, Feny came with an extra head and adorably-sculpted fox limbs, ears, and tail. His seams were nearly non-existent even without sanding, and the resin had a matte finish to it. Also, this is my first teenie gem with the new elbow type, and I must say it's my favorite version.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, but I ordered mine blank. He arrived looking as expected.

Very much so!

Yes, definitely.

7. What did you order?
      Teenie Gem Feny & Necy, two extra teenie gem bodies, 3 dress sets

When did you order?
      June 14, 2013

Oh absolutely. Everything is such crazy high quality I'm so incredibly happy with them. Soom did a fantastic job on everything, and they packed everything extremely well.

Yes. Feny's blushing looks darker in real life, and Necy's blushing looks more purple, but I'm actually really happy about it. It looks more vibrant in real life!

Very much so!

Hell yeah. I'm thrilled! And now I'm 100x more excited for my Cheshire and iMda ♥

8. What did you order?
      Soom Limited Edition Toad

When did you order?
      2013-03-13 (March 13th, 2013.)

At the time that I bought this doll, I already had another two frog/toad dolls from Pipos. The posing ability of the Soom Toad alone just blew everything I knew out of the water. (In other words, yes; the quality was amazing.)

I was actually a little surprised because I ordered him blank. I was not expecting him to be light blue. :lol:

Oh my, yes.

Yes, in fact, I already have. ;)

9. (I’m not using the template because I thought it didn’t reflect my experience, so I chose my own way of stating facts. If it is improper to do so, please, mods, let me know and I’ll gladly stick to the templates provided.)

I never thought this would come so far as for me to post it publicly, but this is a very serious issue and I wanted to let DOA know. I'm posting this to warn you about what can happen to some defective Soom tan dolls and what they do (or don't) to help you. I’ll make it as short and concrete as possible so everything is understandable.

Facts are as follows:

1) I bought a tawny Soom Phonolus Rauco of Fear from the first edition (MD edition). He came home on Dec. 17th, 2011. He was perfectly fine.

2) At the beginning of this year, when he was barely a year old, I started to notice his face was slightly getting lighter than the rest of his body. When I checked, some other pieces were also lighter. As he was blushed, I thought it was due to the MSC being old.

3) On Dec. 14th, 2013, I decided to wipe his blushing and make up, check him up and re-do the make up. Then I discovered some areas in his face WERE lighter. After a careful review, I noticed his face, arms, hands, forearms, neck and chest were GREEN, unevenly green. I have pictures (specific pictures of everything), but I'm only posting the two worst ones so as to not disturb the reading of this thread (doll nudity warning, NSFW).

This is the face compared to the headcap, where the original color was retained:

[​IMG]

And this is the rest of the body. The red arrows mark areas where the doll is green and you can see some small areas where the original color was kept at the ribs, the thighs, the lower pelvis and the ball of the neck.

[​IMG]

4) I inmediatly contacted Soom. They got back to me on the 17th and said: “Sadly, most of the Tawny skin dolls made during that period are subject to this phenomenon... This can be accelerated if the doll was being exposed to direct sunlight for a long period. This is the reason why we are currently working hard on improvising lasting of the skin colours”, which admits it is a defective item regarding the skintone and resin used. It also clearly means that they KNEW tawny dolls turn green, but they didn’t warn it anywhere in the sales page. They also said, in that very same email: “since your doll is now 2 years old, free exchange service would be difficult for us to provide... However, it is possible to purchase new parts”.

To me, this means they won’t accept responsibility for a defective item just because it’s old and if you want after sales service, you have to PAY for it. And, before you accidentaly jump to the conclusion that I might have placed my doll in sunlight or something: no, I haven’t. I don’t even take pictures of my dolls, most of the time. I store them in a shady place shelf and my room is not sun-facing. They’re safely stored and, just for your information, I have an older Soom tan doll and he isn’t green. It’s just my Phonolus that has greened.

5) I didn’t accept this resolution and asked them to offer me the A/S service for free since it was a defective item, but they took 12 days to get back to me, after being ignoring me for all that long.

6) In the end, after a long battle, but just after I said I’d come and say this on DOA, they said I had to ship my defective Phonolus to them and that they’d “check his skin tone and try their best to give me free A/S service”, which doesn’t make it clear if they are indeed providing a free replacement doll or not and, even more, means that I have to turn this doll over in order to get a replacement.

And just in case you’re thinking this is normal, let me tell you IT IS NOT. It’s what they want you to believe. If you buy a doll and then have to ship it back and get a replacement one, you’re “paying the replacement doll with another doll”. It means you’re “buying” the replacement. Sorry, my doll is green because Soom did a poor job in their color and resin mixing. It’s not my fault that they make green dolls. It’s unacceptable that a company asks you to ship a defective item back to get a replacement, just as it is for them to ask you to pay for a replacement. It is inmoral to ask a “victim of your errors” pay for them.

What I’m complaining about is:
      1) They never stated their dolls would green, yet knew they would. By this, they were lying to customers by not displaying the whole information of a doll.
      2) They only reply to me when they feel their reputation might get stained or when I , and not out of their own will.
      3) They want me to either pay in money for a replacement, which is completely unacceptable, or send my defective doll over and pay with him.
      4) They weren’t being clear about what they’d do if I sent the defective doll over.

I paid a lot of money for this doll. I never knew he could green –it’s not that I hadn’t checked around (I’ve been in this hobby for many years, all the dolls I own are suntan and I know how to take care of them; I repeat it: I have a Soom tan doll that’s older than this one and he hasn’t changed colors at all), and now Soom doesn’t want to accept their responsibility for these problems.

After a few more battles, I got the following reply from Victoria:
      And there are a few things I'd like to remark:

1) They admitted that by sending my green doll over I would only be getting replacement parts for the GREENED pieces (almost all the doll, minus the thighs and feet), which would then make them not match with the other pieces.

2) They're accusing me of not wanting to solve this issue just because I refused to accept their policy of A/S.

3) Just so you know, whenever I wrote to them I clearly stated that whatever I said wasn't directed towards Victoria personally, but Soom, and I have all the screncaps and can show upon request to anyone interested. I'm going to leave another review for this particularly in the Customer Service review area, but I wanted to make it clear here as well.

Another thing that I want to point out is that even though I might be the only Phonolus owner whose doll has turned green, mine’s not the only Soom doll to have greened. After all this happened to me, I’ve been checking and asking around and people have had similar problems with other sculpts from Soom, such as problems with the Idealian/MG FC release (please, refer to their waiting room for more references) and with other skintones (not only Tawny, but also white skin) greening, so this is not something new and Soom knew about their quality perfectly and is still doing nothing to help it.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to any other DOAer or that they're luckier than me in trying to solve this out. To me, this means I definitely WON'T be ordering anymore from Soom as I'm completely done with them. I hope my experience can help others.

10. * What did you order?
      Shale - The Chess: White skin, Centa version with faceup and optionparts.
      * When did you order?
      End of July 2014
      Yes, I was surprised I didn't have to pay more for this gorgeous doll :)
      Yes, the only difference was that the sales pictures never shown the hooves being transparant resin.
      Yes
      Only negative comment: the magnets ...
      I had hoped soom would attach the magnets, as they have done with my Bygg a few years back, where I only had to attach the tail-magnet, the rest was already set.
      It took me a week to figure out a way to attach the magnets. (normal glue: fail, contactglue: fail, I had to use Tec7 in transparant to fix them ... normally it's used in homeconstruction...)
      Also, the smalll magnets in the back-pieces chipped. They are lots smaller than the big ones and when attracted by them, they chip when they hit eachother.
      But all is well now :p
      Soom-addict so yes :) (if they decide to sell a love-at-first-sight-doll again xD)

11. * What did you order?
      Baby Isha Romantic head with faceup, basic head blank, body with black transparent devilkin parts.
      * When did you order?
      February 23, 2018
      I think so. The body poses better than my other 1/6 doll from another company, so major points there.
      Yes.
      Very much.
      Holds most poses very well and the body isn't clunky and thick like some others.
      If I have the opportunity, financially, then I most definitely would.

#11 jessimer, May 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 22, 2018
    12. What did you order? Soom Viol&Ling Dream Breeze, plus a pair of twinkle gem silicone eyes
      When did you order? April 23, 2018
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so. At least in terms of all the resin I got.
      Yes. Looked better in a way, because you just can't see blank photos of the sculpt on their website.
      Very much so.
      Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      • Positive: just a little over two months to be made and shipped (shipped on May 27)
      • Positive: she's a much better poser than my daydream Sally.
      • Positive: such a lovely resin color.
      • Negative: The bird parts were all thrown in loose into a bubble wrap bag. I would have expected a bit better packaging for those tiny parts so they don't chip or break. Originally I didn't want the bird parts, but if I had and they'd broken in transit due to the above packaging, I think I'd be devastated.
      Most definitely! Either directly from Soom or second hand.

#12 baxterbrat, Jul 4, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    13. * What did you order? Tons of dolls over the years.
      * When did you order? Since Soom Godo, and many dolls 2008 to today.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not always. Especially with their rather recent price hikes, and their often overpriced outfits, wigs and eyes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? No. Their face-ups are definitely hit or miss.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not always. One tan doll had a torso part with really really bad marbeling and discoloration relative to other body parts. I notified Soom of extreme marbeling and unmatched skin color, and they denied it was an issue. One minigem doll came with two left legs, and Soom ignored that message. Their face-ups are definitely hit or miss. This is not acceptable for such high priced items with large profit margins.
      Pros: Beautiful sculpts, lots of variety, fantasy dolls, amazing releases, various colors and scales, offer opportunity to buy in alternative version during Free Choice events. Tons of creativity.
      Cons: after their price hike they offered less bang for your buck. Seems like the dolls are overpriced if you ever need to resell. They keep changing the bodies and don't offer extra parts to adapt parts to the different versions (like extra thighs or upper arms to swap parts). Sometimes poor quality control and poor customer service. Not enough free choice events or don't include the dolls I want in them. Idealians are too large and they should offer other body versions. Their photos make it hard to see what you're really getting like their too dark, faceup is covered by wig, not showing everything, etc.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes but I have scaled back my purchases.

14. *What did you order?
      Devil Aphan in Cream White, blank and an extra set of little gem hands.

* When did you order?
      6/20/19 ; 4 month layaway

I think Soom is overrpriced personally. But I really fell in love with this doll and had to have it. It was a full impulse buy.

Yea, nothing unexpected. It was a blank doll.

Mostly. I'll talk about this in the negatives section.

Neg: Seam lines on a white doll, really? They don't include any eyes at all like most companies do. They sent him with his human parts but not enough elastic to trade out his human parts for his hooves because the elastic would need two stretch a good 1.5" more and there's NO slack to the elastic so you have no choice but to do a full restring. I also don't know how Soom gets away with single-jointing their little gems in this day and age. The jointing is also atrocious. He's strung pretty snug but can't stand, collapses at the hip (where the legs fit in place) because there's no real structure and support and no thigh joint. Also they sent you magnets but have some glued in place and others..not..I don't get why. Also the head cap does not fit properly. My second hand Nor had this problem and I thought it was because he was old but Devil Aphan was brand new and has this same issue.
      Positive: It's cute? The white is really bright? They include magnets for the extra pieces? It was well packaged for arrival too. Soom has a unique bag structure in their box for securing the doll.

Not likely unless I really was in love.
      I'm going to put another review in the service section because the biggest reason I won't buy from Soom again isn't the product but rather their lies and their service. But the product itself is honestly..you're paying for the name more than the doll. They need a major redesign to their bodies if they want to continue to exist in this price point.

15. * What did you order? Soom Super Gem Onyx Astrologist
      * When did you order? 22 July 2019 and my order arrived on 12 Oct 2019
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, her faceup in amazing!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Mostly, she can't stand very well though and her hands are rather loose. (see below for details)
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product:
      Positives

She came very well-packed. The bag she came in was well padded and she was safely secured inside it. Her head and hands were packed separately and also well protected in lots of bubble wrap and she has no seam lines that I can see. She also came strung with a sort of resin hook in her neck to prevent damage to her neck, I think. (She came with a separately packed S-hook that was just kind of thrown into her bag so I couldn't find it at first...) Her faceup is exquisite and very detailed.
      Negatives
      Her hands which are put on with magnets feel rather loose and she can't really stand that well (I don't know if it's due to the way her hips are designed or if I'm just not used to it...).
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes

16. * What did you order?
      Soom Idealian Gluino

* When did you order?
      November 2023

Yes, the doll is of great quality. He came with very secure packaging as well.

He does!

I am very satisfied. I wanted this doll for a long time.

I wanted to make this post because of this positive:

The doll got lost in the shipping process. When I I contacted Soom they got in touch with the Korean post immediately. They informed me of the progress. Korean Post then launched an investigation with my country. U.S. The doll was found and sent to me. I like that Soom responded quickly and efficiently.

Yes, I do trust this company.