1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Super Gem eye size?

Nov 2, 2008

1. Hey everyone!

I am a total noob about Soom dolls and my Sard is arriving in a few days and I was wondering do you know what eye size he takes? My Euclase is going to arrive with no eyes and I just wanted to make sure. :sweat

Sorry if this has been asked before.... Just I was looking around and couldn't find anything.

2. Super Gem takes 14mm, but I found them a bit too large for my taste, so I'm going to try 12mm.

3. My guy looks fine in the default 14's

4. I have the default 14mm in both my Dia and Spinel.

5. Will 12mm eyes leave gaps???

6. I think the 14MM is right....

7. thank you all, :) I was hoping they were fourteens it seems all the colors I want are in those colors!

8. 12mm or 14mm will work. I personally think the 14mms are too big, so I've got some 12mms coming. 13mm Eyecos/MPs will also work fine.

9. i have 11mm soft glass eyeco eyes in rose queen dia, and have 14mm mp acrylic eyes in my hybrid dia. both seem good to me.

10. Really? I have 11mm Eyecos too but they won't fill up my Dia's eyesocket. =S

11. i will have to look more closely! i used the mack silicone putty which is sort of white...

12. here are pics
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      blond dia in 11 mm eyeco, black hair dia in 14mm mp acrylic

13. Both your girls look beautiful. I use 14mm in my Dia, but I have considered trying 12 mm just for fun.

14. 14mm is okay I think, 12/13 would work also.

[​IMG]
      My Dia boy wearing 14mm eyes.

15. I use 11mm eyeco in my Sard and they fit very well

16. My sister just got Spinel and we will be changing his eyes. But I like the way the 14 mm fills so will be getting 14 mm. Haven't thought about 12's but will give it a try. Lovely dolls, dianemedford, but then all your dolls are beautiful!

17. thank you flamingomoon and paulajtm! i really like changing eyes and getting such a change in the looks of the doll. this sculpt really is wonderful and versatile, looking good as a boy or girl.

18. [​IMG]

I keep a 14mm Gumdrop in Grey Plum in Adrian's good eye, and I've ordered custom 14mm Enchanted Doll eyes for the Dia who I have yet to order. (Probably when the semester is over - I want to make sure I have enough money.) I guess they can be a little too large, appearance-wise, but I actually kind of like the intensity it lends the gaze.

- Mel

19. I've tried my 11mm Eyecos in Dia and - lo and behold! - they fit. But only just - there's a teeny tiny gap that the whites don't fill, but iris size is fine.

I'll take a pic when my exams are over.

20. :chocoberry

Hello. So i am awaiting the arrival of my Soom Spirit Amber and have been looking around for eyes, wigs, etcs & stuff... I was wondering if eyes have to be really accurate in size to look right... what i mean is.. for example Soom Amber requires 14mm eye sizes.. does that mean 16mm wont look right? 'cause i'm planning on buying other dolls and they tend to be 16mm ones... i was wondering if i could buy 16mm ones and hope theyd fit into my Amber even if she needs 14mm ones... *shrug*