1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Super Gem Lupin discussion thread

Feb 28, 2008

1. Gorgeous. I love the "hair sculpture" on the head. It's really wonderful. I love all of his features especially the lips.

2. The doll is gorgeous, I'm just not sure what I think about the sculped hair. It's in some ways limiting the useability of the doll IMO. But it's a strikingly handsome face :love

3. I think he's gorgeous. I don't care much for the sculped hair but it can be covered with a wig, I'm just fine with him.

4. He has a very expressive lips.

I like the concept of the sculpted hair and the location of the head cap. It is nice that they sculpt it in such a way that it can be easily covered by wig:D

5. I love his chin. It's manly but it doesn't detract from the fact he's a very beautiful male... it rather adds to it.

6. Yes, I also like the chin:D

7. He looks a lot like Spinel...kinda like Spinel's older bro. ;) I love his jawline, it's so square and masculine. And his default faceup too.

I don't like his lips though, Deneb has them too. I hope Dia doesn't have that. And it looks like his head/headcap needs to be removed another way...sort of like Elfdoll's lovelydoll faceplates?

8. I love him. Just when I thought I was done buying dolls...:(

9. I think I want one....with a mowhawk. That would be cool. I like the molded hair but it maybe could have been done better texture-wise, but then again it looks odd just being blushed. I'd like to see it with a bit more colour to the hair.

10. hii~
      anybody getting the new Lupin from soom?
      any advice about it?
      if anyone has it can u post pics of it i would really like to buy it or
      other 70cm doll's pic of yours would be nice thxs:)

11. I just looked at him on their site. I am trying to deide on my first BJD.... I really like him. I plan on ordering a doll in the next 2 weeks (when the $$ is here). LOL This may be the one. I would love to hear more oppinions before I order though.

12. Lupin is the first serious temptation I've come across for a while. I'm still whacking my budget over the head, but the chances are good I will fall....Keep you posted.

13. He does look a lot like Spinel, but without the sort of spaced out look that Spinel has. I really like him, especially since I was considering Spinel but wavering on the face mold.

I hope SOOM keeps churning out these gorgeous men!

14. I like him, but would like him a lot more if that sculpted hair was optional. I don't need a doll with molded hair like a Ken doll, thanks.

15. ####OOPS..>> this was meant to go in merman version section ..><

16. has anybody bought this guy yet? i'm so curious to see owner photos!

17. I just got a shipping notice today Lirin, and Melwong on the board received her doll a few days ago. There's a link to him in the soom waiting thread, a few pages back.

I'll post back when my Lupin, Lupus, get's here, and show you pics of him :D

18. I am absolutely in love with Lupin. He looks very masculine to me. I will be ordering him once I paid off my Special Hazy from Elfdoll. My Soom wishlist is a mile long. Ack! :)

19. As Missmoody said, I've received my Lupin and pretty much gone to town on his faceup.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210287

I haven't more pictures of him as I haven't gotten a sewing space set up yet, and I don't really feel he's complete without the outfit I've got planned for him.

- Mel