1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. I ordered a CW Picro tonight. I've wanted Picro/Sammi twins since they were released and now I'm finally going to have them! I can't believe I'm doing twins am I crazy?!! I don't care lol. I always thought it was interesting people owning two of the same dolls. Hopefully it will stick!

2. I have triplet Hati/Skoll if that makes you feel better, @karleecakes . ;)
      Well, two are wolves and one is the SO human version, but still, three of the same sculpt pretty much.

I wish I could jump in on this to get my own Picro/Sammi or maybe a Fenny, but I am going to have to sit this one out.

3. That does help @Tonboko thanks! I keep wondering what a Tawny one would look like.... must stop lol.

4. I ended up with two girls with alk/yrie face sculpts completely by happenstance

[​IMG]

5. Chiyo's dress is adorable! Great example of how to use scale (in this case, the trim width) to emphasise the smallness of the doll, and hence its cuteness! Did you make it?

6. @juumou Hehe, you're welcome to join me in the Feny/Necy Hoarders not-so-anonymous. :D I love your Chiyo, she's super cute, dressed all in white. :love I'll have to take new pics of my Remy and Feni too.

I got my Remy (CW Necy) a new Soom CW body and although the difference in resin color was noticeable when the body was brand new, it has mellowed down since and the difference is not so bad anymore. I also have a slightly yellowed CW Ai and he looks OK next to my newer CW Soom dolls, so I think Chiyo will look just fine next to newer dolls. :)

Loving everyone's Teenie combination plans, keep them coming~! :) I really would have loved some fantasy-colored resin too... well maybe in the next FCE?

7. @phragmosis I did make her clothes! I'm glad you like it :) It's just a gathered lace skirt with bias tape waist and a snap, super easy. I'm not allowed to spend money on doll clothes anymore haha. So I just make everything myself. I feel like sewing doll clothes is a continuous learning experience. I usually try to choose yellowed or muted colors so her yellowing isn't quite so apparent, and she just looks 'antique styled'.

@NioSpica I look forward to seeing your Remy and Feni! :D Thanks for your advice on resin matching~

@NoDivision your girls are adorable!

One more of fox spam! I've gotta do a Christmas photoshoot soon, I just bought some cute 'fairy lights' that will make a great backdrop :D
      [​IMG]Deer Chiyo by teacuplaura, on Flickr

#287 juumou, Dec 15, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    8. I'm so excited about the fce. Years ago when I first found out about bjds I ended up on the soom website and looked at the doll's hawa and flint caught my attention and I fell in love with them they were actually the first dolls that I liked enough to want. The price and the fact I knew next to nothing about bjds meant I didn't order one. So I'm very happy I'll be able to have her in my collection. Although I think I might be swapping her head for my (floating) lilid head.

9. I'm super happy about this FCE, too, and really glad I was able to get a layaway to work out... I've been aiming for Picro/Sammi for a while as the "water" part of my elemental TG collection (I already have earth, fire, and air, so I just need aether and possibly metal if I decide I need a sixth). And I've got a fun idea for displays for them, too, that hopefully I can start pulling together next year. They need proper wigs, too, but I may just get some fur for temporary ones so I can get them all out on display without breaking the bank... :sweat

10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a 'set' of teenies like this! Mine are the 4 seasons and I've been waiting for the opportunity to get a tan feny to be my autumn :)

11. Feny would be a great autumn! I considered him/her for an "aether" or "metal" option, but I can't swing two this go-around, sadly, and Picro is a lot higher on the list. I'm a lot more tied to having the adorable axolotl-looking thing than I am the fox, and I figure there's likely going to be more fuzzy Soomlings coming around who could fill in one of the remaining options. I still don't know what I'll do for the other... or how I'll represent either. :sweat Really, they're just excuses to add a couple more TGs.

12. Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to everyone who was able to place a FCE order! :dance

I look forward to seeing your cuties once they arrive! :daisy

13. I wanted to share with my very unexpected doll - Ai
      Her name is Solveig (I liked it from previous owner) and she is so adorable ** But now I'm not sure, if this "fantasy" make-up fits her well.

[​IMG]
      skirt fox on chanterelle
      by Vitalina Filippova, on Flickr

14. @Vitarja I think your little deer is so cute. Is that green around her eyes? She is very sweet.

15. [​IMG]

Today my grumpy little Orion decided to try his hoof—er, hand—at baking Christmas cookies! :treecookie:bellcookie:starcookie

Solveig is adorable! Congrats on your unexpected cutie! <3

16. Orion is super cute!

17. He did! :XD: Surprisingly well, actually. :lol: We had a lot of fun, hehe.

Thank you! :daisy

18. Merry Christmas from my three half-divine (demi-Goddess) girls: Laurel, Aria (my new arrival), and Wren! :)

[​IMG]
      Laurel (R. Beyla), Aria (Rico Jr), & Wren (Yrie)

#299 Kelaria, Dec 25, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    19. ^beautiful dolls!!

I'm so excited I've just put down my first payment of hawa fce! It's going to be a long wait. I've spent the last 3 or 4 years loving this doll though so 4 months should be nothing :XD: