1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. Gosh! That Pascal is so cute!

I only bought the outfit and boots too. On a whim, I tried them on my new Honey Delf. It's just a little snug, but I'm surprised it fit at all. It's so cute, I don't know how I can take it away from him. But I think I also want the outfit for a Teenie in the future. I hope it's ok to post his picture.

[​IMG]

2. @brightberry oh, the outfit looks so cute on your centaur!

3. #463 Areanra, Sep 16, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    4. Hello! I need a bit of help and I thought this thread might be the best place to ask. :3 I have Soom Teenie Gem Ai body and I bought her used. She didn't come with s-hooks though, so I had to order them. I'm new to this hobby and the hooks I ordered are way too small.
      So my question is: what size s-hooks does Soom Ai need? I'm talking about all the hooks from head to hoof.

5. Does this link help?
      the SOOM emporium
      I never tried to replace the hooks before and so never gave it a 2nd thought.

6. Oh! Thank you so much, these seem to be just what I was looking for! Now I can finally put my doll together. ^_^

7. Ahhhhg qwq
      I paid off my layaway for my little kitty musketeer nearly 3 weeks ago but still no shipping notice

8. @Uminari congratulations on paying off your layaway! Maybe the delay is because of the Korean Thanksgiving holiday. It is two weeks, so it should be over now.

9. Delivery times after paying off a layaway are extremely variable.

10. Technically, Soom has 100 days from the day your doll was paid for in full (meaning after your last payment) to ship your doll... so it could be up to 3 months depending on how behind they are. Although I seriously doubt it will be that long.

11. My little autumn girl, Witch Hazel, finally has her very own floral dress to match her seasonal sisters.

[​IMG]

12. Hi! New to this thread. :)
      I've got a human Soom Sov and lately I've noticed the posing got more difficult because the torso joint is kinda... wobbly and doesn't hold the position very well. She's never been the greatest poser out there but I really feel like it got worse lately. ^^;

I wonder if I need to restring her or if I should try sueding the chest part. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you counter it?

13. Welcome @heliocoelin! :) Glad to have you in this thread! More Teenie Gem lovers are always welcome! ;)

Sueding can help (I sueded my Yrie and it helped her a lot, although she could still use restringing since I've had her for nearly 8 years)... but you will definitely need to restring her eventually anyway. I'm lazy about restringing, but it's something that needs to be done after a while and the elastic gets stretched out and weaker. :)

Sueding isn't a bad idea for sure, as it can help with posing even on fresh elastic. ^_^ And hot glue sueding is pretty easy as long as you know how to take your doll apart and do it fairly methodically. Just be sure to use a low temp hot glue gun.

Good luck with sueding and/or restringing! And if you have any photos of your little one, please feel free to share! :)

14. @Kelaria Hi and thank you! That's great advice.
      I got her from a split of the 2014 order so her elastics aren't THAT old but also not new of course. I'm lazy about restringing too so I'll probably try the sueding option first. XD I think my hot glue gun might be low temp but I'll have do dig it out and check.

I'll make sure to post some pictures as soon as her new wig and eyes arrive and her makeover is complete. <3

15. OMG she's soooooooooooo cute almost melting my heart!!! I love the color she have and her wig!!!

16. Yeah, my Yrie could probably have used new elastic a few years ago even. :P So it wouldn't surprise me if a doll from 2014 is starting to need it too. ;) Definitely try sueding as a way to hold onto the elastic for a little longer before it really gets bad. My Yrie is fairly floppy, but the sueding makes her seem much less so than she otherwise might be. ^_^

17. @Kelaria You're absolutely right elastic doesn't last forever after all.... I have to admit I tend to just tighten the elastics and add another knot to extend the tension for a bit longer but that's the "dirty" way to do it I guess. It hasn't helped with little Sov tho, so I'm really grateful you're sharing your experience with Yrie. Thanks again. ^^

18. I just hope my experience helps you. :) Not every doll is the same, but I do think that sueding would likely help a lot. ^_^ You are very welcome! I may not "play" with or photograph my dollies much these days (too busy), but I still truly adore this hobby and my babies! :D So I love welcoming new friends to this thread!