1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. YANZZZ, thank you!
      I have this old photo of my current (at that moment) yo-sds... and most of them are Soom )))

[​IMG]

2. Look at all those cuties!! :D Lucky you @Vitarja! ^_^

3. When you just tighten the elastic and and another knot you can get the tension out of whack on the various runs. In my experience you only tighten the two of the legs runs as the elastic doesn't move around the hook in the ankle. I find it easier and more effective to restring the doll even if I use the same elastic.

4. @nancy_schroeder_ca Oh yeah, I only tighten at the hooks not in between. That's really going to mess up the stringing. Sorry I didn't clarify that.

5. Hi all! I found myself owning soom yo-sd dolls after 10 years within this hobby and mainly 1/3 size. :'D So here I am!

I would love to see your Ais! I have to faceup mine soon and I really need some inspiration.

I have a Wawe hybrid too, I just can't remember the sculpt of her head. And I'll have Sov in centaur body for christmas.

6. Here is my Ai. The mods and faceup are by @mingyi :)
      [​IMG]

I started with SD and got bit by the Teenie bug as well. Never thought I would have a doll in this size, and now I have five!

7. Omg your Ai looks so cute! Mine has a similar eyemod too. :)

8. Hey guys did you see that Soom just released a light purple version of Afi/Ai. I must have her even though I just put a order in for Little Gem FCE.

9. yep i have seen it, very pretty but i like too the siren yo sd and the FCE for LTG so many dolls and im broke ; ; i want cry.

10. That little purple Afi/Ai is soooo tempting for a purple-obsessed, Afi/Ai loving lady like me! :kitty1 Luckily, she's such a pale violet that I'm not quite as Soomed as I was afraid I'd be. Honestly, as much as I want her, I can't justify spending that kind of money right now... and although I may regret missing out... I think I can say that I'm relatively safe this time. Not quite Soomed, thankfully. Although... if I let myself be, I could be. But no... I can't afford to be.

*sigh* Wish I could though... that little face is just so precious... <3

11. Oh, I am so tempted by the little coat and dress!

12. Hi. My little Necy went out to play in the snow today. I just wanted to share a pic of her today.
      [​IMG]

13. Hello! My daugther's got a second-hand Teenie Gem. I went through the topic, but I can't make out which model she is. Any idea?
      This is Alice, left on the picture (no face-up yet):
      [​IMG]

14. @AnnaDolly, it's hard to tell from that photo... but based on what I can see of her, and going on instinct, she looks like a Soom Beyla. I would need to see a photo that shows her whole face to be sure, but I am getting Beyla vibes from that partial view.

Hope that helps! Congrats on the new little one!

15. #495 AnnaDolly, Dec 23, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
    16. For me it looks like taco\dolomi maybe?

17. @Vitarja, Yeah, seeing her face-on definitely squashes my Beyla instinct. :XD: I'm thinking you're right... I don't have a Taco/Dolomi myself, so I'm not sure I could say that with conviction... but I've looked at a lot of photos of Taco/Dolomi (including blank ones) and she looks pretty much identical to the photos I've seen. ;)

18. Is here someone who owns Mako eyes 12mm and 14mm ?

I would love to see the size different in a Teenie Gem head =) ( i ordered a Afi)

19. I have some in 14mm. I am rather swamped today and tomorrow, but I might be able to get photos on Monday. I have an Ai but her eyes were opened a bit and I could put my 14s in there, but honestly I think that sculpt is going to need 12s (mine has 12mm glass currently).

20. I have sooo many 14mm eyes at home xDD
      I hope you find teh time for pictures on Monday :D