1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. sometimes they name molds by gender, sometimes by skin color (like LG Yuki and Koori), maybe Ai was white (from first issue) and Afi was tan? ))

2. I had a sleepy bun before but I rehome her last year…I miss her so much

3. @Feylla @Vitarja hmm.. question is open)
      May be yep, Afi in brown tan and Ai white..

4. Yeah, with how many options there have been for Soom TGs, it is really confusing. It seems like even from way back in the day, they always picked one differentiating factor, whether it be gender, or resin color, to designate which was which.
      For instance, with the original Glot/Glati release, they were both in WS, but Glot was on a girl body, and Glati was on a boy body. Same went for the original Hati/Skoll - both in NS resin, but Hati was on a girl body and Skoll was on a boy body.

Then with the original Bygg/Beyla release, Bygg was grey skin, and Beyla was WS, but they both had the gender neutral body. The same went for Afi/Ai, the original release had Afi in brown tan resin, and Ai in WS (but again, the gender neutral body). Of course, they have had a whole bunch of re-re-re-releases of various sculpts, and Afi/Ai has had 2 additional releases (including NS, another WS, Baby Pink, and Pale Violet), as well as their FC events, which I also believe included NS, WS, and a tan (but not the original brown tan, I don't think?).
      So as far as Afi/Ai goes, there are so many color variants, that picking 'the right' sculpt name seems a little arbitrary imo. You could always maybe just say that Ai's are the lighter colors, and Afi's are the darker ones? :3

5. Thank you for this information, really great!
      And now I am more confused than ever cause do not know what i am waiting from Soom in last release. Only that it will be "She" in my doll family.

6. I'm a little confused about Soom yosd. I'm currently trading for what I thought was a Soom Hati, but it's on the male body so I guess it's the Skol? The seller had it marked as both and I just assumed it was the "Hati" version.

Am I correct in it being the Skol then if it's male? Is there anywhere I can find comparison pics of the male and female body?

7. There are pictures of both bodies on page 4 of The Gem Gallery (lower left on Gem site)

8. Thank you!

9. Hi, I have a teenie gem head on the way and I'm scoping out bodies for it. I'm wondering if anyone has Telesthesia 26cm, Angell-studio 31cm and/or 26cm, or Aimerai 26cm bodies and any teenie gem head they could any of them so I can see how it looks together? It would also help if the head were in Soom's cream white and the body in a similar color.
      I'm still looking around for information on this, but anything helps.

10. I have a Soom Teenie Gem head that I'm looking at bodies for. I'm hoping someone could help me with further narrowing down my list.

I am currently eyeing Telesthesia, Mystic Kids, Aimerai, Angell-Studio and Dolli pop in white skin. Does anyone know if any of these brands are at least close in color to Sooms' cream white? Also, if any of these are just not compatible, size-wise, with Sooms' Teenie Gem? And any other suggestions for other bodies are welcome.
      I would love to see any photos of this head on any these bodies whether they're the color I'm asking about or not and I would greatly appreciate the help. Gender is irrelevant at this point.

Basically, color comparisons and head+body shots are what I'm requesting but all input is welcome!
      If this is covered elsewhere then I am simply not finding it.

11. Hello @jessimer! I have seen TG heads on a few different bodies from other companies. One that I've seen more than a few times is FairyLand LittleFee bodies. I don't have a lot of information myself, because I've never done that particular pairing. I do, however, have a 5star doll body that my OE Beyla head is currently using (the body originally came with my R. Beyla head and I purchased her that way off the marketplace). The match is really good and the body is really cute! Taller than most YoSD sized bodies though.

Here's a photo of the body with my R. Beyla head (both WS):

[​IMG]

I hope it helps and I hope you find more comparison pictures. There are plenty out there, but you might have to do a little digging. :)

It also might help to know what head you have, because not all Soom white resin is the same.The newer stuff is more of a paper white and the older stuff is more cream white.

Good luck with your search!

12. @Kelaria, Thank you so much for the photo. Do you have any posing issues with that body? It does look good but that site doesn't show much about it that I've seen so far.
      As for the head I'm buying for, it's the recently released Baby Isha in cream white.

13. I found the body the be really sturdy and it seems to pose well. Honestly the only real flaw I see is the size of the hands (they don't seem proportionate). It's really quite a cute body. :)

More recent Soom white resin might better match FairyLand white, but I'm not sure on that. I have only a little experience with Soom's newer white resin and no other company bodies that match it. :/

Hopefully someone else with more experience on this matter will be able to help. :)

14. I've heard that Impldoll is a good fit for TGs. :) Also they do custom resin colors, so that's a bonus in my book. (When I have enough saved up, I plan to go with them for one of my floating heads)

15. @Kelaria That does help a bit. And the color not matching perfectly doesn't bother me too much so long as it's not ridiculously off.

@AirimirOfGondor Does Impl charge extra for a custom color? How would that even work, I send them the head cap or something so they can match as best they can?

It seems my list is growing rather than shrinking lol

#535 jessimer, May 24, 2018
      Last edited: May 24, 2018
    16. @jessimer, yes, they do charge a little extra for custom colors, but it's quite reasonable, honestly. And you can send the head cap, or if you don't want to risk resin you can send a color sample that's the same color as the head (I used a paint chip from Home Depot last time, and the next body I get from them I'm planning to do the same; it's lower risk and a lot cheaper to mail). The body I got back was a perfect match for the head I was pairing it with.

17. That's really neat, @vicemage! :) What a great option to have!! Definitely something to consider for future potential needs. ;)

18. I really like Doll Family H body, but their white skinton is yellowish from the beginning, but it fits old Soom cw heads, that yellowed from time.
      I don't have nude photo, but here is hybrid - chemeritsa
      I also switched her hands to Doll Legend.

I also have hybrid on Souldoll body, but I would not recommend it - it is very miniature.

19. @Vitarja, thank you for that info and the picture. Even though it's not nude it still looks like the proportions are good.

@vicemage at least they're decent about it. I would expect an extra charge for something like that, but it would seriously be a turn off if it were a ridiculously high charge.

20. Popping out of the woodworks cuz I took some pics of my modded Syen today ^ - ^
      [​IMG]Ash by Izzy, on Flickr