1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. It seems like Soom is going to be releasing Glot & Glati again this month. They posted a picture of the pair on their Instagram page a few days ago. I really like the grey resin and the fantasy parts this pair comes with. Anyone else tempted?

2. Ooooh! Interesting!! :) Part of me wants to be interested in the gray version, but I am looking for a little dragon, not a hooved baby. So I'll probably be safe. ;)

3. Ugh I am always tempted lol! :XD: I have basically shelled all of my characters who were meant to be Soom babies, so I think I'll be safe in the end, though I will definitely drool a lot! :D

4. Oh, so much want for that surprise head! It’s so cute. But I’m waiting on a minifee so I must be responsible. But I sure don’t want to be!

5. I really love the surprise head too. I thought I’d be more interested in the romantic one when they were first announced. I’m not quite sure if I should dip into my Dollfie Dream fund and pull the trigger or not but I have time to decide.

6. Quick phone photo of my Baby Isha, who just returned from a very, very long trip for a faceup. The wig is borrowed from my Lami, and he needs a smaller pair of eyes, but I'm very happy to have him back.

[​IMG]

7. Aww, so cute! I love the eye make-up. Cool tones can easily become overwhelming in a face-up but that touch of purple is nice and subtle. What artist did you commission?

#587 MortatHero, Feb 13, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    8. The artist used to be a member of my local doll community, but she doesn't take commissions any more and hasn't for a couple of years now. Mine was a leftover commission from her last round of slots, and I ended up waiting a very long time for it. Luckily I'm really happy with how he turned out!

9. I've decided to kick my butt into gear and I am going to restring my girl! The only problem...umm what size should I get? XD;;

10. I might change Lucky's hair color.
      [​IMG]

11. Hi! We came to meet.
      [​IMG]

#592 Goris, Apr 28, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    12. Ahhh so cute! :D I love the wig! <3

13. Very cute. What sculpt is he?

14. Garnet has a new dress. I found it on Etsy and fell in love with the fabric - but I'm not crazy about the collar, so I may change that at some point.

[​IMG]

Garnet is cobbled together from leftover pieces. Some red brick, some natural skin, some white skin, and a pair of Feny tan hands that I blushed to more or less match her face. I also blushed her neck - the Feny tan is easier to get to something approaching the right shade than the NS of her neck. (I didn't blush the rest, so she is a bit limited in the type of dress she can wear, poor thing!)

15. I just received an old gal from the MP, a little frankendollie. Her name is Morgan, and she's a Soom Beyla OE head, on a Glot torso with Eliv arms, and a Peapod Doll tail. Took a bit to get her clean, and she's still blank for now.

[​IMG]
      Here's a picture of little Morgan. I'm hoping to paint her this weekend, or at least her face up.

I own one other Soom Teenie Gem hybrid, a Soom Beyla R. head with horn on a LTF body with Daisy Dayes hooves. Need to get some new pics of her too!

16. Congrats on your new little mermaid :chibi

17. @IzabethS - congratulations on your little frankendolly... I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her.

I have two hybrids now. One is Garnet, the other is a Soom Beyla (with horn) in WS on the lower part of an NS Andes deertaur body. I should really take some pictures of her, she's adorable.

I used the Beyla WS legs and the Andes NS upper torso for Garnet - along with the Feny tan hands. Maybe one day Soom will do a free choice event again and I could get my hands on a Feny tan body - I think that would suit her better.

18. Thank you!! I managed to crank out her face up yesterday. I'm glueing the eyelashes in place right now XD
      Definitely would love to see your little hybrids! I have quite a few hybrid dolls, though they're all OT for this thread. I definitely enjoy hobbling together dolls out of different parts to get what I want!