1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. I bought a gray moth girl but I didn’t have anything prepared for her, so I haven’t taken any photos yet.

2. I haven’t shared my Teenie Gem here yet, and I’m so happy to finally have her completed! I’d wanted one of the Yrie/Alk winged sculpts forever, and when I came across this combination in the marketplace with the sweet grumpy Glati head and horns, I just had to bring her home!:) She’s actually my little gargoyle character, but no one realizes that so they just call her Birdie.;)

[​IMG]

3. She's adorable, congrats on her!

4. @PoeticSoul she's super cute! I was happy to see her in this months sewing challenge. Hypatia(my alk) will hopefully be appearing next month!

5. So I finally changed my Lier into her mothy parts (wings excluded because no glue). It was the most frustrating restringing I’ve ever done- had to use pliers multiple times to get the s hooks open enough to loop around the hands and feet bars. But here’s a quick comparison of a few of Soom’s gray resin releases:
      [​IMG]
      (Left is Soom Lier, Middle is Soom Glot/Glati Honeyish Incubi, Right is Soom Flint from 2012)

Editing to add: My stuff for my Lier came in from Luts so here’s her in her proper wig and dress
      [​IMG]

#645 HackerEd, Oct 29, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    6. My two elivs arrived yesterday!
      Anyone else ordered one of those cuties?
      [​IMG]

7. Does anyone know if newer teenie gem parts fit with the older dolls? For example I have 2018 bird parts and I'm wondering if they would work on a doll from 2009/2010?

I know Soom updated the body at one point, or at least the arm joints, I'm just wondering if my bird feet will be compatible with a first gen body/knees.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

8. Has anyone had any issues with Soom clothes staining? I just adopted a Keny who looks like he has some bad staining from his clothes...so I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I'm pretty sure it's staining and not yellowing, but I haven't seen the doll in person yet (he's on his way).

9. I have never had issues with Soom clothing staining and I have mine in their outfits 24/7. All are dark colors too.... what outfit did you have issues with?

10. It's a Keny that had the issues. I don't have him yet, all I have are pictures. He's on his way to me.

11. 16 of my dolls are wearing Soom outfits 24/7, and apart from one black fabric skirt that slightly stained my doll dark purple in places (it was easily removed with the usual face-up remover) I haven't had any issues with staining.

I've seen the listing as well and honestly, that looks like uneven yellowing to me. :(
      The whole doll is pretty unevenly yellowed, and the part of the outfit that was supposed to have caused the stain looks like plain brown leather to me.
      I bought an unevenly yellowed second-hand Keny as well a few years back and yeah, that reddish brown tan skin gets a greenish and pale tint pretty fast when exposed to the sun!

12. I think it was just the arm joints that get most of the fiddling... Which release is your bird parts from? I don’t have any from 2018 but if it’s the same ones used for the original Happy/Lucky release I can try my Lucky’s legs on my original release Ai for you.

People in the Soom waiting room are starting to get shipping notices for their Rudy’s and my friend has already gotten hers in the mail... this is making me incredibly impatient for my Cheshire Jr. When will my pirate kitty return from the sea?

Also, according to Soom’s calendar their limited release at the end of the month will bring back Trachy & Lami. Anybody hoping for a certain resin color or new parts? I’d love to see a Teenie Gem released in the new Peony White they just made for their current Shale & Adamelli.

13. @HackerEd Viol Dream Breeze, which does look like the ones on original Happy/Lucky (they have three talons vs the two that Alk/Yrie has). And it would indeed be wonderful if you could try that out! Thank you so much!

14. @baxterbrat So my Ai is incredibly loosely strung (I’m too lazy to change it until she gets wiped for repainting) but it looks like it could work. You may need to add a little sueding to the joint because the torso socket might be a bit big. The leg joint is sculpted a little different but again, I don’t see how it couldn’t be adapted. Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

15. Soom Ai and Afi have different legs from other Soom Teenie gems, as they needed a different thigh piece. Otherwise, as far as I have noticed, the thighs are the same on all other teenie gems. So fantasy parts can be swapped between most of them!

16. Soom has their order page up for Trachy and Lami! It looks like the color options this time are light violet and peony white, and they’re unicorns. I thinks it’s a little weird to have the fanged surprise head with a unicorn theme. Might be neat if you made it into a kelpie or something.

#657 HackerEd, Feb 5, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    17. I think it's a little weird to release a unicorn immediately after yet another unicorn release. Some variety would be nice....

18. Hey guys! I've been out of the BJD loop for a while now, I see I've missed some really good releases!

Anyways, I really need to get serious about shelling my fox character, and looking at Sooms page, the Han/Asronn body in tan would have been perfect! The only issue is their surprise face is.. really weird. Does Soom still do do free choice events sometimes or do you guys have any other thoughts as to possibilities about my little fox?

19. Yeah, after I got my last TG (a mango Viol), that kind of filled out all the sculpts I wanted! :sweat

I regularly see them announcing re-releases of past sculpts, with different styling, so there is that. I think their last free choice was in 2017, so it has been a while. It's possible they could do another one at some point, but what with Covid-19, they may hold off on massive events for a bit.

But other than that, I would definitely say hybrid - they've had a tooooon of tan releases for different sculpts, so I'm sure there's a bunch of options! :XD: