1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. I am so happy to join you here, I just bought my first teenie doll from someone second hand- b.isha!
      I am a bit troubled by the outfit though. It is difficult to find some clothes style which similar to the official outfit :'(
      And recommend artist or brand? :XD:

2. I've found various things by looking for other Soom outfits when they show up on the secondhand market. However since they are pretty standard 1/6 size, I've had luck with most companies. Some of the Volks outfits have a bit of a fantasy edge for example. A few of the companies that built my kids wardrobes alas no longer exist.

3. You are so lucky! I wanted to search for a b.isha's official outfit but there is no one selling it....
      Most of the clothes made for 1/6 in my country (Taiwan) are for girls, but I imagine my isha a little boy :\ It is so hard...

4. I totally understand. It is VERY hard to find "Soom styled" clothing, especially for boys. I held out for my one boy until Soom released another outfit I liked and snatched it up while Soom was still selling it. Boys are so much harder to find nice fantasy style clothing for.

5. So true.... it's already so hard to find boys' outfit, not to mention a boys' fantasy outfit.
      To me, I have Super Gem, ID75 and Teenie Gem dolls, I would say that to find a Teenie Gem boys' fantasy outfit is the most difficult job. lolll

6. Yes! I'm dying for minifee fantasy clothes for boys and just. Nada.

Alas patience is the key as much as it sucks. I'll check my kids closet to check what brands I have for mine because I do have a few, but I know I buy a stupid amount of Soom clothing. I know they have outfits from Volks, and Angell-Studio as their main sources but I know there are others. Dikadoll maybe? Something totally random gave me a couple of their pieces. My steampunk 1/6 is the Dollheart addict...

7. I have a Bygg and am looking for clothes shoes if any sources I would appreciate it Thanks

8. It's been a looooong time since I posted here. Hi!
      I bought the Soom Coyote Elf doll and extra head when those came out. I've made it a girl named Lucrezia, and I'm working on getting a body, eyes, and wig for the other head so she can have a twin brother. :) That way, I can use them to model and sell doll clothes on my Weebly store.

Here are some photos of Lu, starting with her unboxing (in some simple clothes I made just to have clothes for her). She's slightly yellowed over the years from outdoor photo shoots (I mainly keep her in her bag), but when she arrived she was a perfect paper-white.
      [​IMG]

Putting together a Renaissance Faire outfit for her was fun. Her kirtle is the first thing I ever cartridge-pleated. (I thought I'd start small, since cartridge-pleating for a human outfit takes quite a few yards of fabric.)

[​IMG]

And here she is in a sundress I made, with a crocheted Sackboy friend.

[​IMG]

I'm currently working on turning an old out-of-style top into a pair of matching turtleneck sweaters (because why have twin dolls if you aren't going to ever dress them alike).

@Buddahz54 , I make most of my dolls' clothes, but if you want, once I have some extra items to sell, I can message you?

And since there's clearly a demand for boys' fantasy-style clothes, I guess I know what my next sewing project for wee ones is going to be. ;)

#688 cleverLC, Dec 9, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2020
    9. That would be great, I read somewhere that Bygg's and others his size can wear YOSD clothes? I have a few small dolls his size so Let me know when you have a site up or contact me I am a new member and I need like 50 plus posts to be qualified to be able to purchase from the marketplace here,, I have not had 50 questions or posts and the handful I did post "do not qualify" towards my 50 requirement,, Oh well Thanks for an info or contact for future clothes items

10. I can confirm, Teenie Gems wear yosd clothing

11. Teenies do wear Yo sized clothing, but do be cautious because they are slimmer than many 1/6 dolls. I've found that the pants on Volks outfits don't stay on unless they have an elastic waistband. The waist difference is just too large on the tailored ones (if they close with a hook and eye closure, for example). Dresses and tops are much easier. Usually you only have to worry about their hands/fantasy parts not fitting through the sleeve hole. Sometimes if the item is made for a chubbier 1/6 doll it can look a little "oversized" but that's usually not a problem unless you have a VERY particular sense of styling.

I hope that wasn't too much of a ramble, I have a lot of TGs and I've bought clothing from many places over the years. I too have a mighty need for fantasy/Victorian/Soom-like clothing for boys. Especially without using any check-patterned fabric or prints that look too childish/cartoonish.

12. Maybe I'm just reading the patterns wrong, but they also seem to have a bit more "junk in the trunk" than other 1/6 dolls, because I'm having to tweak some Yo pants patterns to fit right in the hips.

13. :D The Soom Cheshire Jr. is released now! Is anybody planning to get one?

14. I wish! Not looking to be spendy after Christmas. But I love those kitty feet. Very cute.

15. I was a little miffed when they announced the Cheshires in light violet this time... I had gotten the "in Neverland" release earlier this year, thinking that a light violet would be difficult to get ahold of anytime soon. I do love my pirate kitty though, so I decided not to get another. I'd rather hold out for my holy grail re-release of Selen/Sabie! I sure did end up with a lot of gray resin TGs this year though.

16. ME!!! I've been waiting to get my hands on a CW or PW since I saw them on a mutual's IG account. I'm so happy to finally have another one of my grails ticked off my list!

17. Thanks so much I appreciate it

Thanks the above information helped me a lot I appreciate it

#697 Buddahz54, Jan 5, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2021
    18. The January schedule was released! The teenie gem will be Grit and Syen! Looking forward to them!

19. Oo exciting! Sad to see that they're so late into the month, though.

20. I got a body for Lukas! I'm just...no longer sure where to post the hybrid. He has a Bambicrony Ciao Bella body, so would I post him here or in the Bambicrony thread?