1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. When it comes to hybrids, the general rule of thumb is to post in a thread according to the head rather than the body (unless of course it’s the body you’re highlighting for some specific reason.) I hope this helps.:)

#701 PoeticSoul, Jan 12, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    2. According to the head? Great. :)

Here are Lukas and Lucrezia. Lukas still needs a wig and a shirt, but I'll be making those over the next couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

3. Oh what cuties!!! I love that sweater. Did you make it?

4. I did! I found one of my old sweaters that didn't fit and was way out of style, so instead of sending it to Goodwill where they'd just throw it out anyway, I made a doll sweater out of it. :)

5. The Grit & Syen is gonna be released today!!! The panel on the website looks so good! Love the sculpt, and hope the outfit is great too!!:XD::XD:

6. I'm tempted by the rerelease of grit and syen! I still have my syen...but I sold my fantasy parts so long ago and have regretted it...very tempted to get a full fantasy doll back!
      I'm not impressed by the faceup option and I'm not in love with the outfit either, which is a bummer.

7. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't do any more unusual skin tones for this release. I know peony white is different than the cream but not much, and gray was the alternate color last release as well. Would've loved to see the light green (like sov), light violet, or any of the blue tones instead. The good news is that my wallet is safe this time.

8. Soom just posted their release schedule for March, and it looks like the Hansel & Gretel sculpt will be rereleased next week. No word on what fantasy parts or resin tones they'll use but I'm definitely curious.

9. Squirrel fantasy parts ;D baby pink and normal

10. Those promotional photos of Hansel & Gretel are SO CUTE! (And now I want to make little felt cookie pillows for my dolls, despite having no real place to put such a thing.)

11. the new teenie gems are cute, is anyone getting them?

12. Hello I've not been on DOA forever! Was the honeyish incubi glati/glot not popular? I've not really seen many people with it.

13. I was really tempted by that set, myself. I regret not getting one.

14. Aww I wasn't really in the fandom so I didn't know about it. I love glati/glot so much! I've only see many 1-2 doll owner photos

15. I was more a fan of the original and the Blossom of Earth versions.

16. I don't remember a lot of people talking about it, but I actually have one in gray! I haven't gotten to do any of my painting or even glued in the magnets on its fantasy parts yet though. I have the Blossom of Earth release too now. It's funny because I didn't like the Glot/Glati head sculpt when it originally released, but now I have two versions.

17. That is really cute too!

That's so cool!! I really like the surprise head! Bwahaha I have the original Glati/glot which I dearly love so much <3

18. Soom Nor&Dune Jr. don't seem to be popular here but I got the romantic head...is he nor? or dune? can't wait to get him! does anyone know how long Soom takes to ship dolls without face ups out?

19. That's because this is the first release of the sculpt in Teenie Gem size. It was originally a Little Gem (MSD) sculpt. I was debating on getting one but when I finally decided to it was marked as sold out, even though the preorder period hadn't expired yet. So I guess it's not meant to be right now.

20. I'm sorry about that :( I also decided late that I wanted the open eyed head and Soom told me that they couldn't add it, that I had to cancel the order and start a new order but the period to order already closed so there was nothing they could do...they have become strict, years ago they were more flexible about adding or changing stuff.

Soom always releases the dolls again, hopefully you can get the doll in the future!