1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. Oh yes, I'm a very patient collector. I'm still hunting for some they haven't rereleased that I missed, like Selen/Sabie and Nive, and I waited 6 years for my Blossom of Earth Glati! There's always a chance someone who did order one will change their mind once it arrives and decide to sell as well, so it's just a waiting and saving game for me. There's plenty of work that still needs to be done on the herd of TGs I already have, so that's where I'm focusing my efforts.

2. Is there a soom tiny dragon (I think there was one called taco or something?) and rabbit? (I know there’s an msd rabbit mylo I believe.) I’m looking to reshell some characters and want to compare the yosd sized versions if they exist.

3. I have a Dolomi in blue snow skin. Sorry if she’s a bit over dressed to see all that much of her, but she’s a diva you know!;) I adore this sculpt. Her name is Jewell.

[​IMG]

#724 PoeticSoul, Jul 18, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    4. Taco/Dolomi is their official "dragon" for Teenie Gems, but depending on what style you're going for you could use some other sculpts or fantasy parts. Taco is more inspired by Eastern-style dragons. For a more Western-style you could use Viol/Ling (bats), Grit/Syen (gargoyles), Baby Isha Devilkin (if you're okay with human feet but wings and horns), Hati/Skoll Devils Stone (more mammal-esque paw feet but cool wings and horns), or Carbon/Luxulla. If you're feeling really creative even Picro/Sammi could work.

For bunnies, there's Flint/Hawa, Bunny/Honey, and Happy/Lucky Gotcha!

I own a few of the releases I mentioned (check my signature). If you need any photos just let me know~

Also, did anybody else order the last Viol/Ling release? I'm still bummed I miss the mango resin from the first release, but I'm happy to get the snow blue this time and my friend is getting one in normal.

5. She’s adorable! Thank you for sharing!

I would love to see your cuties! I’ll search your profile for posts by you or you can message me if you like! I’ve been away from the hobby too long. Lol

6. hey fellow teenie gem enthusiasts! Its been a while...
      *feels awkward*
      I'll just drop this here...
      [​IMG]
      And ask 'are there any other sand elf owners here?' :)

7. Soom's August release schedule is up, and it looks like on the 26th we're getting either a re-release or a re-imagining of Nive! I've been trying to get an OG one secondhand, so now I'm curious what this release will bring us. Will they stick to the awesome mermaid tail of the first release but give us new colors, or go in a completely different direction? They give a secondary name of Libe, so I'm guessing we're getting one regular resin color and one that's more "fantasy", but this is all just my excited speculation.

8. My Nor&Dune Jr just arrived today! They're super cute, though swapping out the arms for the wings was a pain (had to actually bend one of the s-hooks a little wider for the left wing).
      [​IMG]
      I absolutely adore their feet. <3 <3

9. Those feet are so cute <3

10. @Sozael Ooooh, I just love the winged babies! They’re so special. Congratulations!:)

11. I've been away from the BJD world for so long, but looking through this thread has been super nice. I'm planning a complete re-do of my Beyla (she's had the same wig/look for the past 10 years, and I've been out of the hobby for the past...5?6?) and I'm really hyped up for it now :) I'll try to post pics when we're done ^-^
      Loving all the re-releases of older molds. :D

12. Hi! I was busy for past years and now, when I opened box with my y1\6 bjds, this face made my heart melt *_*
      [​IMG]

13. She is so cute <3

14. Hi guys, Merry Christmas! Here is my Aloa <3 I love him, but I prefer with human body (it’s a pain to make his outfit lol). Do youknow if impldoll white will fit?
      [​IMG]2021-12-25_11-20-28 by daissy27, sur Flickr

15. I've seen some people hybrid Soom heads onto Impldoll bodies, but they were in larger sizes and the body had already been blushed. It looked okay, but I can't say how well the match would be without painting or how it would look proportionally.

Soom's monthly schedule says they're releasing Opel and Lier on the 27th. Do you guys think it'll be the same parts with new colors? Or maybe new parts? I love this sculpt and I'm curious to see what they decide to do with it. I doubt I'd buy another one, but I make no promises~

Since I haven't posted a photo in a while, have a photo of my newest, Wynn. He has the ice blue bat wings but the magnets aren't glued in yet. I love love love his little fang!
      [​IMG]

16. @HackerEd Love the little vest and cute smile!
      @dds27 I recall some folks having a hybrid soom head on impldoll body but now I don't remember who, it has been a long time. My white Syen is hybrid on a Fairyland Littlefee body. I love it so much I sold his soom body.
      [​IMG]Soot Sprit Set by Skyealloway, on Flickr
      I seem to only have old photos of him, he has been waiting for me to paint a new faceup for a long time...

17. @HackerEd
      @skyealloway
      Aww..your dolls are so cute. I try impldoll then, and see myself if it will fit, it's not that expensive anyway.If it doesn't I will just blush it to fit my silky light violet head ^^

18. Soom and their complete lack of blushing for fantasy parts! This still annoys me, because so many faceup artists don't copy the company faceup!

19. It really is odd, considering they offered blushing on the last few Teenie Gems they released. I wonder if it's a staffing issue, or some agreement with the sculptor maybe? Either way I can understand your frustration. I hope you can find someone who will work with you given its unavailability from the company.

Also, I have a Lier (gray skin) from the previous release if anybody has photo requests.