1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. Hey everyone^^. So I recently received my first Soom tiny, a Syen with Afi hooves I bought from my friend. She arrived extremely loose, so I tried to tighten her strings (and promptly couldn't get her head back on because the knot is too big to fit through the neck hole, and too tight to undo now>.<) and discovered that even with tightened strings her hip design appears to be absolutely awful compared to all my other tinies. It's like if she stands with her hips locked, they stick out of the sockets a little and she arches back a ridiculous amount, if I adjust her hips so she stands properly upright (and no, I can't adjust the pose well enough with just the torso joint) the hips don't lock and the tiniest disturbance will make her buckle forward. Is this something all Ai/Afi's have? Is it because her torso/hip part is a Syen part that doesn't quite fit the Afi legs? Is there a fix for it? I haven't really examined her hip joints in-depth yet. Also her legs have the tendency to go one in front of the other, after which the back leg tends to snap to bent position. Maybe it's just a matter of properly restringing with new elastic and some (hotglue) sueding? Any help and insights are appreciated!

2. I have always found restringing to be much better than attempting to tighten the strings! And it's usually easier too! I , like Volks elastic. It has more reserve stretch.

And I like to position the knot in the torso!

3. Soom is taking votes on which Teenie Gem to (re)release!

The options are Taco/Dolomi, Ario/Argil, Carbon/Luxillia, Yarn/Silky, Hati/Skoll (Devil’s Stone), Shonki/Appini, and Puss in Boots.

You can also vote for the fantasy parts from any of the above releases, a basic resin tone (peony, cream, tawny) and a special resin tone (powder blue, light green, gray, and a rose pink).

Link to the announcement

I’m mildly disappointed they didn’t include Selen/Sabie but it’s nice to see sculpts that haven’t seen as many releases.

I voted for Yarn/Silky, tawny, and light green!

#743 HackerEd, Mar 30, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    4. I voted for Hati/Skoll in normal since I am crazy about the sculpt, and do not have it in normal yet. :sweat

5. [​IMG] canvassing for Skoll[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ah, their cute Puss in Boots won the poll... I may be in danger. I really like his scrunched kitty face. :XD:

7. My wallet is safe! The cat face is too anthro for my collection and I don’t feel any interest in the human head. They said they would use the data as consideration for which TGs to release in the future, so I’m interested in seeing what else we might get from this poll.

8. I am glad we are getting another shot at Puss, but I am not digging the color options. I think my wallet is safe for now.

9. My wallet is in danger since I missed him the first time and don’t want to miss him again. Do they offer face ups on these releases?

10. I might be in danger, scrunchy kitty face is so cute. Does anyone have him from his original release? Do you think they will offer the outfit too?

11. I have a puss in boots from the original release! His name is Pascal and is one of my absolute favorites. I won’t be getting a second one, but part of me wants to hoard them. One of each color :drool

12. Yeah, the colors are not as exciting as his original Tan... I'll have to see him with faceup to decide, myself.

13. Lol, like me and Hati/Skoll... I want to turn my trio into a mighty squad!

14. Hello friends! :kitty2 It's been a long time since I've posted here... I do lurk occasionally, but life has been busy (wrangling my human toddler!) and I haven't had time for doll related things for a long while. I finally got my dolls out today after probably more than a year (maybe almost two :...()... I honestly miss this hobby, and miss all the fun I used to have and the beautiful photos and thrill of new Soom releases (although my wallet definitely doesn't miss it :XD:)! I sorted through some of my stuff, and looked over my babies, and realized I never got my OE Beyla girl her own body like I planned to (she's on a 5stardoll body, but I want her to match the rest of my Soomlings)! I'm kinda hoping to remedy this, and have my eye on a body from 2011 that I'm hoping will be a match! My R. Beyla head has a Minette body from 2011 and it matches pretty well (you can tell there's a slight difference in certain lighting, but it's not bad)! The body I'm looking at is an Aloa body from 2011.

I realize it's a long shot, but if anyone here has an Aloa from 2011 and a Beyla from 2009 (both in cream white), and could tell me (or share pictures of) how the match is, and if they seem compatible, that would be really great! :)

Otherwise... I just hope everyone here has been doing really well and enjoying your teenies! :aheartbea Almost feels like another lifetime since I was active here... *_*

ETA: just looked back at my last post and it was from February 2019... that was the month before I found out I was pregnant! :sweat:3nodding: It really was another lifetime!

15. Looks like we're getting a Honey and Bunny rerelease! I was hoping for new colors but based on the teaser banner they're casting in the same resin tones as the original release (baby pink and tawny.) I'll probably be getting one in tawny if so.

16. Hey, just an update... I posted a Wanted thread here on the marketplace because I did not hear back from the person selling the body I was interested in. I got a message the other day from someone here on the forums who had a few bodies for me to choose from! She was amazingly helpful and sent me tons of pictures and I purchased the body today (it's an Ai body from 2011, so it should be a good match. She had a 2009 Yrie who matched the body, so I'm confident it will work out beautifully)! She's hoping to ship on Friday and, with luck, I'll have the body in hand by my birthday later this month! :) I'm pretty excited!! :dance I've been waiting for a very long time to give my OE Beyla her own Soom TG body. :D

17. Oh that is super exciting! my OE Beyla is on a Glot torso with Eliv arms (the lower body is a Peapod Doll Mermaid tail), but my R Beyla with the unicorn horn is on a LTF body with Daisy Dayes hooves. I really need to take new pics of them... My wife owns a Soom Ai with fantasy body only.

18. I took new photos of mine for the first time in almost 2 years recently. :sweat I'll have to share some here when I get around to uploading them. :kitty1 I love Beyla, definitely one of my favorite sculpts!! :D

19. I ended up ordering Honey AND Bunny because I couldn't decide on what color to get... I was just too curious to see a Teenie Gem in the Rose Pink. The pet dolls in that color are really pretty.

I'm trying to be better about taking photos of my current collection, so I thought I'd start with Basil, my Ario. I love this sculpt so much and I'm a little surprised it hasn't seen a re-release.
      [​IMG]

20. @HackerEd So cute!! :D I agree, I'd love to see a re-release of Ario & Argil! I couldn't afford them at the time, but loved the sculpt and the little wings! :aheartbea