1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. Congrats on her body’s arrival! She looks so good on it and happy about it too! I really need to take a pic of my two Beyla’s…

2. Please do!! :D I love Beylas (and Byggs)! :D Would love to see yours! :)

3. Everybody has such cute dolls here.
      I recently jumped on the Teenie Gem train with Grit from 2010. I was not able to buy that release back then or even the re-release, but recently I had a change to get him second hand after waiting for all the years.
      Lurking in the Soom websites now collecting a list of dolls I hope they will re-release haha. I would not have mind the Hati/Skoll Devil's Stone instead of the Puss release, since I am obsessed with grey resin now. :lol:

[​IMG]

4. I love the stories of these long sought quests finally being fulfilled by @Kelaria and @daeki! It’s like someone is relaying a fairytale with a happy ending in both these stories. How wonderful! Applause, applause! And both these dolls look positively amazing too! Heartfelt congratulations to you both!:D

5. I LOVE gray resin, too! :) I actually didn't at first, but it grew on me and then I fell in love with it. :lol: If you ever have a chance to get the Devil's Stone Hati/Skoll, definitely do it! I love my little gray wolf boy. :D

Thank you!! :) I can't believe it took me this long, but I'm glad I decided to take the plunge. :XD: I've enjoyed taking my dolls out for the first time in 2 years. :kitty2

6. I love Soom's grays, it's fascinating to see how their undertones are subtly different from release to release. Here's my Glot/Glati Honeyish Incubi, Farrow.[​IMG]

7. How cute! :kitty2 Love his outfit! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it? I feel like cute boy clothes in the style I like are harder to find! :sweat Not that I've looked super recently, but it took me forever to find an outfit I was happy with for Tytus, my Skoll!

Here's my two gray babies! :kitty1
      [​IMG]
      My OE Bygg Luna is on the left and Tytus is on the right! :D They are cousins and I adore them both! :love
      This photo is from the last time I took my dolls out (before recently), in 2020! I didn't even upload them until earlier this month. :sweat

Here's a photo (from 2016!) of Tytus's full outfit: Waterside Wolf on DeviantArt

8. Aaaw, Hati/Skoll is a cute sculpt. I love the lips especially. I found out that the is currently white (but yellowed) Hati/Skoll in the second hand market in my country and I am debating hard getting that doll... that sculpt is just too adorable to pass white or grey, choices choices haha... grey would be ideal thou :lol:

That's really interesting observation. I have had mostly lighter skin dolls from Soom before, so I have not thought of that before. So basically it is impossible to hybrid the dolls with each others parts without doing some color matching.
      And I must say, I love the pink wig with grey skin, looks super cute on him. :kitty2

Thank you for such a lovely comment. :)

#769 daeki, Jun 21, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    9. It’s this outfit from Luts! I’m also very particular about the clothing style my little village wears so I know the feeling.

Thank you! I unashamedly took a lot of inspiration from the design of Caduceus Clay from Critical Role.

Hybriding parts from different gray releases could still be done, I think it would depend more on taste and luck than other Soom resin colors.

Hati/Skoll is lovely too, I have a Free Choice in Bronze. His name is Roosevelt.
      [​IMG]

10. I really want a bronze Soomling!! :love I was thinking bronze would be perfect for my little dragon boy I have planned, but I also need dragon parts, so I'm honestly at a loss. :XD: I guess I'm just waiting to see what Soom releases in the future and if they ever put out more dragon parts for a Teenie Gem or do another free choice of some kind. :sweat

11. I'm finally catching up on uploading the photos I took last month and this month! :sweat

Here's one of my favorites from the "Pink Peonies and Pretty Girls" session with Leira (my OE Beyla on my Yrie's body before hers arrived) and Ava (Custom House Hani)! :D

[​IMG]
      Leira's Intensity

12. @HackerEd Your little one in bronze skin is amazing…what a wonderful color that is!:)

@Kelaria I thoroughly enjoyed all your peony photos…such a lush background for your sweet little dolls! The colors are amazing!:D

13. Thank you!! :) I love peonies, but never want to bring them inside because of the ants. :XD: Putting them in the bird bath ended up being so beautiful and my husband was a genius for suggesting I take photos of my dolls there! :D

14. Finally got my latest photoshoot posted (which includes the most recent family portrait)! :)

Here's my favorite photo from the shoot:

[​IMG]
      My Tinies 2022

It's been 8 years since I put Wren's birdie parts on and transformed her into Phoenyx. :sweat Her story is that she's a demi-god (daughter of the God of Air in her world and a mortal mother of the Angelic race who have wings) and her divine nature enables her to transform from human form (where she goes by Wren, has lighter hair, green sparkly eyes, and is more carefree) into her divine, winged form (where she goes by Phoenyx, has more orangey hair, golden eyes, wings & talons, and is more serious & mysterious).

15. Oh my, she’s utterly gorgeous! I’ve always had such a soft spot for the winged soomlings. They’re just so elegant looking.:)

16. Thank you! :)

17. Hey fellow teenie gem enthusiasts ^^ its been a while, but I'm trying to jump back into bjds :) Been busy!
      @Kelaria oh my goodness! has it really been so long! I'm so happy for that beautiful head finally getting a body of her own :) Congrats ^.^

[​IMG]
      I'm really hoping now that the weather is better this little 1 will finally get a face! (its been a while since I did a faceup so hopefully I wont mess it up too much!)

Everyone's dolls are so cute!!!

18. @Mushoom, thanks! :) And welcome back to you as well! Such a precious little gray baby (and in a Frezje dress ;))! I hope you are able to do a face-up that makes you happy! :kitty2

19. Popping in to share my Sov Winterwood, Lycoris. I'm impatiently waiting for 3 Teenies (Yarn, Honey, and Bunny) so I'm trying to keep myself busy with other doll stuff.
      [​IMG]