1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. All of my teenies have fantasy parts, that's the best thing about them in my opinion :) Here's the only one whose parts I've managed to blush (though it's pretty subtle in photos) Juniper, who is a yrie/hati hybrid. She's my little lioness - she just needs some appropriate ears.

[​IMG]

#61 NoDivision, Aug 22, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    2. She's adorable, NoDivision! :) Yrie & Hati are two of my favorite sculpts! ;)

3. I love your Yrie NoDivision. Her face up and blushing is amazing!

4. Thanks <3 Her faceup was done by jointedlove - she always does such an awesome job.

5. @NoDivision Juniper is super cute! Love her face up! Where did you get her dress? I actually have a similar ones in white and light blue.

Here is Raine and Anri in their flower dresses. :D

[​IMG]

6. Same seller - kuloft. I have a pastel one as well on another of my girls. I'm sad that she doesn't seem to make dresses in YoSD sizes anymore. I really wanted to have a set of 4 teenies to be the 4 seasons and have them all in similar dresses. But I still need an autumn and possibly a different doll to be my winter. And I don't think I'll be able to get dresses for them :(

7. Welp, I'm hoping to dye my Pyrol's centaur parts today or tomorrow. I think I'm actually more nervous about restringing him properly then the dye process, itself. :sweat

Anyway, I'll share a photo once he's back together. Hopefully his dip in the dye bath goes well.

ETA: Dye job was successful!!! :love

Your Juniper is positively stunning! :love I love her sweet face, and her paws are stinkin' cute, too!

What beautiful girls! :daisy

#67 PeppermintPocky, Aug 25, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    8. Sorry to double-post, but I wanted to share my Soom Pyrol's custom dye job with fellow Teenie Gem owners:

[​IMG]

If you're interested in the process I used to dye him, here's a link to his project journal. :daisy Apologizes for his blank face---I still need to give him a face-up, as well as style his wig, make his clothes, etc. I've always wanted his ponybutt to be black but was too afraid to customize him until recently. :sweat

But I'm happy to report we truly bonded over a pot of boiling water!

9. Wow! You did a great job @PeppermintPocky! It looks like it was always that color. :P

I definitely can understand the fear behind dying one of your babies (I doubt I'll ever attempt it), but sometimes it can be truly worth it! In your case, it definitely was. :)

10. @PeppermintPocky That is a fantastic dye job! And it gives me hope for any future Teenie Gems I might obtain - I have plans that include odd colors so knowing I have the option to dye is a huge plus!

*goes back to lurking until the money tree smacks me in the face*

11. Thank you! :daisy And yes, lots of fear but by the end it also gave me a bit of a rush, heh. :XD:

Thanks bunches!!! Yes, Soom's resin seemed to take the color beautifully, although there is some slight marbling near the seamlines. My centaur's seams arrived very jagged and uneven, unfortunately, so I can't say I'm surprised. :sweat

When you get around to customizing your future Teenie Gems, I'd love to see them! I def' recommend iDye Poly---I didn't even need to use the "color intensifier" provided in the packet.

What Teenie Gems are on your radar, if you don't mind my asking? ;)

12. @PeppermintPocky Aww but that's to be expected whenever a surface isn't perfectly smooth. But from his pictures you can't tell at all!

It'll probably be far off into the future before I get to customizing, let alone bring home one of these cuties - it's for a very large project I have in mind. I'm actually about ready to start the project journal (I'm gathering up some reference photos/sketches). :whee:

I'm mostly interested in the fantasy option parts (for hybrids), but I have to admit there are a few that have caught my eye and would suit my characters: Han or Asronn (Coyote Elves), Viol or Ling (Leaves Elves), Gloti or Lati, and Aloa or Sov, Yrie...and maybe Beyla. I don't expect to get everyone of course, I just haven't narrowed down my choices yet! *chuckles* :blush

13. I had a question regarding the Beyla centaurs, anyone who has one, are they suppose to have elbow joint pieces?

14. #74 Taisia S, Sep 1, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
    15. Awwww! Any of those cuties would look lovely dyed, I'm sure! I'm particularly a sucker for Aloa and Sov. :D

Your little lion prince is ADORABLE!! :love May I ask if you made his wig?! I love the curls!

16. #76 Taisia S, Sep 2, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
    17. Wow!! :love Beautiful!

Thank you for the photos. :)

18. Hello all! Just wanted to share with everyone a photo I took just a little while ago of my human Lilid in honor of her birthday today! I can't believe I've had her for a whole year already! :)

Happy Birthday Eleya! :D

[​IMG]

#78 Kelaria, Sep 2, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    19. Awwww! I love her sweet face and pretty pink dress.

Happy Birthday, Eleya! :smallcake

20. Thank you! :) The dress is by frezje on Etsy. ^_^