1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. I did a little tweaking to a photo of Rico... got rid of the teeth and changed the eyes to the ones I would most likely put in her... this is how it turned out, and I'm really loving it:

[​IMG]

I think I'd go with a black wig (maybe with blue highlights) and a bit of a cooler toned face-up (with black lower lashes and more mauve colored lips).

I'm pretty set on placing my order maybe by this next weekend. :) I'm falling more and more in love with her as the days go by, but I still don't want to rush it. ;)

2. She is very cute and the tails are beautiful.

3. I didn't think it was possible but your tweaking made her even more adorable. <3

I hope you're able to order one of these lovelies! I would be right alongside you ordering a WS/orange mermaid if my bank account allowed, heh. But hey, who knows? Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and use PayPal Credit (love Paypal Credit but... it is so... dangerous...) :lol:

4. Yeah, Paypal Credit could definitely be dangerous! :XD: That's why my husband is pretty strict about how we use it (he has Paypal Credit too). And we get it paid off asap! We've only used it for big purchases a couple times (my laptop was the first thing purchased with my Paypal credit). :)

5. More photos from Soom of light violet Rico! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked about the shimmery-ness of the tail to see if it was just blushing making it that way.
      This is what Su told me: "The shimmery effect on the mermaid tail is because of body blushing.
      I asked to one of coworkers whether original resin without body blushing is shimmery, and then was told that resin is little shimmery as itself,but not much.
      "

I'm slightly disappointed, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. ;)

6. Those big ol' eyes make me swoon. <3 Thanks for sharing more photos! Have you ordered your girl yet? I can't wait to see what you do with her!

Sounds like how I use PayPal Credit. I typically use it for dolls, but I'll only go through with a purchase if I'm certain I'll be able to pay off the balance within the six month "interest free" period. :sweat (I avoid paying interest whenever possible, heh.)

7. I just placed my order! :D So exciting!! ^_^

I did go ahead and pay in full with my Paypal Credit. ;) I should be able to pay it off pretty quick.

I'm so excited!! :dance

#127 Kelaria, Sep 14, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    8. Mermaids are really heart stealing *___* I wish Soom made one of them with snow blue skin option and sea green tail.... May be when they release Dreaming head version :love

9. Congrats on ordering your lil' mermaid! I hope you will share photos when she arrives! <3

I'd loooooove to see a dreaming head version, too. :whee: We can hope!

10. Absolutely! :)

Anyone else order yet? ^_^ Just a day or so left! <3

11. I did ^__^
      violet+blue mermaid version. I adore mermaids a lot :love

12. Awesome! Me too! :) Did you get the face-up or body blushing or anything? ^_^

13. no, I prefer to paint and sew by myself ^^
      so we will have total same molds x)

14. Fun! ^_^ What kind of eyes and wig are you planning to use for her?

15. yep ^__^
      I plan to make blue wig and not sure about eyes yet. I'll decide, when I get her )

16. The thing I'm struggling with the most right now is figuring out what to do about an outfit. Normally I'd just buy a frezje dress and call it good, but I want something that is two piece so that she can have a cute top to wear when she's got her mermaid tail on. :) I really liked the Soom default outfit's top piece, but I didn't like the skirt, so I couldn't justify buying it. :sweat

17. I see )) Well, may be you can by something made specially for your mermaid? ) I'm sure, you can find it while waiting )

18. Yeah, I thought about commissioning something. So I might do that. :)

19. And I have doubts about her make-up... it should be fantasy style, but not sure yet want to paint exactly.

20. Frezje makes crocheted tops for the MSD girls. I bet she would do something for a tiny.