1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Teenie Gem and Monthly Doll Discussion Part 14

Jun 10, 2016

1. I'll be sending my girl to maiya, who painted my gray Skoll. ^_^ I plan to go with cool colors: blacks, blues, & purples with maybe a mauve-ish lip color. :)

Yeah, I thought about that, but I'm not sure I want something crocheted if it's just the top. I'll have to give it some thought. ^_^

2. Maybe she could do one with a short skirt that is open in the front.

3. I'll definitely have to give it some thought. ^_^

On a completely separate note, I FINALLY posted a gallery thread of the outside photos I took back in early August of Laurel (Beyla) and Wren (Yrie). :)

Here's a teaser that links to the gallery thread:

[​IMG]
      A Walk in the Garden

4. Oh how beautiful! :D She's quite lovely! Where did you get her outfit? Did you make it? :)

5. @Kelaria thank you )))
      yes, I did )

6. I love maiya's work. She's painted two of my dolls. :XD: I look forward to seeing your girl!

Such an adorable cutie! :D

Your sweet pony looks beautiful! So peaceful and serene.

7. Do you use a sewing machine? Or do you sew by hand?

I want to make clothes for my teenies, but I don't have the patience (or skill) to hand-sew and I don't have a sewing machine. >.<
      Maybe someday... :)

Thanks! ^_^

Yeah, I love maiya's work too. :) I will be sending her my gray Bygg girl too at some point. She's got the default Soom face-up right now, but I feel like it's far too simple compared to my gray Skoll (her cousin)'s face-up (done by maiya). I think I want to get something more similar to his so that they look even better side-by-side. ^_^
      If I can afford it, I might even send her my Bygg head and my Rico head at the same time! ;)

8. @PeppermintPocky thanks ^^
      @Kelaria yes, I use sewing machine ) I am not great seamstress though. I wish you good luck with your sewing )))

9. I've been wanting to start sewing for years... who knows if I ever actually will. :)

10. So, might anyone with Soomlings happen to also have a Luts HDF? I'm wondering about the possibility of hybriding Soom legs onto an HDF body, so I was wondering if anyone knows how well the knees would match up?

11. @AirimirOfGondor I have luts hdf on body type 5
      they have different type of knee joints, so I don't think they'll match
      also, HDF is bigger, then Soom TG

12. Oh, Vitarja, she looks so delicate! A very nice photo too :)

13. I made a headband for Orion this weekend so I thought I'd go ahead and share a photo here. :daisy I also painted his nails (one hand grey, the other, black) and added some braids to his tail.

[​IMG]

14. He is both cute and cool! :D Love the gray/black theme! :)

15. Thank you so much! :)

16. Hello all! Today marks three years since Luna (my OE Bygg) came home! :)

I snapped a few quick photos today to mark the occasion:

[​IMG]

I plan to send her out for a new face-up someday. Probably when I send out my new little Serin/Rico girl! ^_^

#157 Kelaria, Oct 7, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    17. What a sweetie! Happy Three Year Anniversary, Luna! :daisy Time flies, aye? I will have had my TG Pyrol for six years come December... I still remember how I felt when I saw his MD announcement. :XD:

18. Oh, jeez, Pyrol and Minette were released that long ago already? @_@ Time flies indeed! I bought mine on layaway, so I got them some time in the spring, but still! :3

19. Thanks! :)

Yep! Time sure does fly! ^_^ Hard to believe I've been in this hobby for over 7 years now!! :cool: My first tiny was Yrie and she came out in October of 2009 and she got home in March of 2010. :) She wasn't my first doll, but she is now my oldest! <3