1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom's Original Minigem Girls: Uyoo, Aren and Garam

Nov 27, 2005

1. So, here we are..

Did you order one?

2. I orderd about 30 minutes after the thread in news went up to say they were available, heh. totally impulse buy. she's just so sweet.. I keep telling myself that I can just make some more msd sized outfits to sell, I'll get the CC paid off before I even get the statement. I wonder if there will actually be a market here for ooak uyoo outfits or if everyone will be content to go with barbie sized stuff from the chain stores. I loved her in the mohair wig (the expensive ones) but they didn't have wigs up when I ordered and paid for her, and ouch on the price too. so I ordered some tibetan mohair in a few different shades and am going to make her some wigs when she arrives.

I'm so excited about her and am really happy that the mailing dates for the first order are so quick, hopefully she won't get caught up in the xmas mail rush

3. Oh, Huge congrats PirateWench, this little girl IS something very special :)

Want all my hide her from hubby tricks?LOL

4. well, I wonder. I have until tomorrow to make a decison ... It's cool to get the free make-up (it would be hard to make my own on such a tiny face !).
      I really would love my fiancé to get me one for Christmas but he doesn't sound convinced. And I'm not sure about spending myself the money that should be for my Christmas present ...
      It's hard all those companies (unoa, narin, minigem) making orders in decembre, when we're supposed to spend money for other people !

5. I ordered on the 22nd - hope to have her in early December. I didn't go for the body blushing or custom faceup though - mine will just be standard.

I think there will still be a market for custom made clothes for Uyoo - I wouldn't want to dress mine entirely in Barbie stuff although I do have some nice fashion fever pieces.

I want to order the sheep wig from the site too!

6. Lucky you ! Hope you will post lots of pictures ! Do you know if default face-up has eyelashes ?

I just saw on Soom board that the boys are supposed to be releazed in march ... That's sooner than I though !
      I WANT ONE !

Edit: and I just realized : the 27th is today, not tomorrow ! It's already 08:05 PM in Korea ! I have less than 4 hours to decide if I get her as my first bjd ...

7. I am sure there will be a market for Uyoo clothes. I have been looking at Barbie clothes and so many of them are ... flimsy looking. I'd definately pay for a good pair of funky jeans and a casual cute top.

Also, anybody have ideas for good shoes? Most are sold out on Soom. She doesn't fit Barbie shoes, the Jenny shoes are plastic/rubber. I looked at some of the online doll supply stores, and their shoes are too wide.

Planning is so fun! I can't wait to get her.

I also wonder how she'd look in 6mm eyes.

8. I really do think that some of the Tallina/Antina shoes will fit her. Order a catalog, they have size charts in them that you just lay the foot on to guage the size.

I agree, some Barbie clothes ARE flimsy. Most of the LE Barbie stiff isn't though. I have some exquisitely made LE Barbie clothes, that I am soooo hoping will fit her.

Meanwhile I sure bet that there will be a market for cute, well-made clothes for her. And anyone sewing for her would have a multiple market (Jenny, Blythe, Momoko, Barbie etc.)

I have to say I absolutely HATE sewing that small though. I have done plenty of it, but it's NOT fun.

9. Well, I did it !
      I definitly would like to know about shoes too ... Is there a link to Tallina please ?
      And does someone know where we can find so tiny wigs (size 4) ?

10. Monique carries some size 4 wigs, and there are probably other places we will discover as well.

Here is a link to Tallina's/Antina's
      http://dollsupply.com/

11. yay! account status is currently at 'before shipping' she's getting closer. I'm really excited because she should clear customs without attracting any charges. I'm really hoping for a speedy delivery *bounce*

12. Same for me, "before shipping" !
      Dotoru says she may be here in 1 week ... I didn't know it would be so soon !
      I'm so exited !
      Thanks for the links, I'll explore. I went to look at volks website yesterday, "who's that girl" outfits are great and should fit her ! They look a look nicer than Barbie's in the details and finitions (but a lot more expensive of course ...)

13. I will wait for her arrival and see her real measurement. From the website, her bust is 14cm , really big. (A normal 27cm obitsu body is only 11.5-12cm).
      If so, "Who's that girl" and many "Takara Jenny" dresses won't fit her.

14. Oh, thanks for the info. does someone have a Barbie and can measure her bust, please ?

15. I think "myscene" gal dresses may fit. Some "Azone" clothes will fit as well.
      I have many many dresses waiting for Uyoo trying on.

16. my scene/modern barbie 12.5 cm bust. 13.5 hips. 8.5 waist

17. *bounces*

I got my email saying she is on her way. No tracking number though so I can't watch as she makes her way into the country. I'm really hoping for a monday or tuesday delivery.

18. I got an EMS tracking number, but on EMS website it says " Your item number is not found. Confirm your item number and ask at your local post office.". Maybe it is too soon ...

Also I asked on Soom board :
      "In the future, do you think you will make option parts for Uyoo ? Like other hands and maybe small breast ?
      And I know there will be a boy, will he be as mature as Uyoo is ?
      I guess kids would be impossible to make ... too small !
      (can you tell I'm dreaming of a mini Gem family ? :) )
      Thanks !"

And I got this answer :
      "hi wendymmoira,
      thank you for your interest on Uyoo.

your question:
      In the future, do you think you will make option parts for Uyoo ? Like other hands and maybe small breast ?
      >> yes.we are planning to make optional parts for Uyoo. but we don't know if we will make small breast.

And I know there will be a boy, will he be as mature as Uyoo is ?
      >> i think so. he will be 16 or 17 years old.

I guess kids would be impossible to make ... too small !
      >> actually we are considering to make a very tiny kid in the future.
      if we make a boy and kid, they can be a mini gem family. ^_^

thanks again and have a good day"

I'm so happy ! Can you imagine a mini Mini Gem ? 'Cause that's what kids would be !

19. I have a tracking # too!

a whole mini Gem family. think I'll settle for just the young man to keep my girl company. can't imagine trying to clothe anything smaller!!!

wow! buying a bjd you don't have to wait weeks (months) for. what a pleasure.