1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Feedback (2010)

Feb 1, 2010

1. After speaking with a moderator I feel that it is appropriate to leave negative feedback for souldoll as a warning to potential future buyers.

* What did you order?
      LE Souldoll Emilia fullset.

* When did you order?
      Late October.

* How was the communication?
      I bought her through Denverdoll so I never communicated directly with the company.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I never got her, about two weeks after my layaway started I got a notification e-mail from denverdoll that souldoll had run out of the fullset items and would not fulfill my order.
      I would like to be clear that the order period was listed as 'X to Y date' not 'X to Y date or until supplies run out'.

I want to be clear also that denverdoll is not in any way responsible for this and they could not have been kinder in helping me cancel my order and get my refund.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I was very dissatisfied. Not only was I very excited to get Emilia but she was actually a present that many friends of mine pitched in to buy for me. Souldoll did nothing to help solve this problem. I did receive my refund but that was due to denverdoll's initiative and not souldoll.

* Would you order from this company again?
      I have to say that though there are many lovely dolls available from souldoll this transaction has soured me from ever considering any of their dolls again.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No, I don't think I will be adding any souldoll dolls to my collection.

2. * What did you order?
      The Yurr christmas outfit (YR-D)

* When did you order?
      Christmas Eve 2010

No communication was needed, other than the confirmation / shipping emails I got

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very, through Paypal

* How long did it take to ship?
      Just hours, really. They shipped my outfit on the exact same day I placed my order

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, absolutely. The clothes are beautiful and the fabric used feels fantastic

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, exactly like them

Very much so

N/A

Definitely. I can't wait to get my hands on a couple more outfits

Probably, yes.

3. Positive

* What did you order?
      .Souldoll Yurr
      * When did you order?
      .November 21, 2010 during the christmas event
      .they replied in 24 hours I believe? Easy c:
      .I wired my money in and it took me a while to figure that out, but that's my fault and now souldoll's.
      .Souldoll shipped my doll out December 15 or 16 and I got him on the 18. I got my doll so early because of the event where they pretty much promised that they would ship out before christmas.
      .I think so, but I have nothing to compare to really, but I'm satisfied.
      .Yep
      .Yes, I was really happy.
      .Sure if I find something I want from them.
      .Maybe? I don't know if I would buy anything second-hand though.

4. What did you order? Soulkid Emilia ~ Fullset

When did you order? November 25, 2010

How was the communication? Excellent

How easy was it to pay? Very

How long did it take to ship? Exactly 6 weeks, once it shipped, it arrived in 3 days

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly

Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

Would you order from this company again?
      I already have

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? It would depend on the item

5. What did you order? White skin limited Amon. Gargoyle parts, nude with no face up

When did you order? Near the end of February

How was the communication? Decent, got a confirmation right away and notice of shipping. I did have to contact them after the doll arrived (see below) and they were a bit slow, but it was over a weekend so that was probably a factor.

How easy was it to pay? Very, credit card through PayPal

How long did it take to ship? 7 weeks, as advertised. Arrived 3 days later through EMS

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, though the artistically rough bits on the wings were a bit more rough than I expected.

Were you satisfied with the product? Overall, yes, however part of the wing mechanics broke off when I removed the wings from his back. It appeared to have been glued on before, implying it was likely broken before it shipped. The resin was comparatively thin in this area.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Contacted them and sent a picture. They said they will send a replacement part and in the meantime I should superglue the part to hold. Will update this post when the new piece arrives.

Would you order from this company again? Yes. This is my second time ordering directly from Souldoll and despite the small hitch with the wings, I would order again.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Depends on the seller, but yes, I would.

6. * What did you order? 16mm NP75 and NP25 eyes, Eliot's wig (EL-ZD)
      * When did you order? January 24, 2011
      * How was the communication? Very good. They kept me notified of my order status.
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple, transaction was done through paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Not long at all, I recieved my order on Jan 29th. I only had a five day wait from ordering to actually getting my stuff :D
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so. The wig is so soft and realistic~
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The eyes are more vivid than the pictures, which was very pleasent. The wig is more styled in the promo shots, but if I wanted to style it in such a way, it wouldn't take much effort.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? I would~
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? So long as the products were in good condition, I would.

7. * What did you order? Souldoll Fafner through DDE
      * When did you order? Feb 2nd 2011
      * How was the communication? N/A
      * How easy was it to pay? N/A
      * How long did it take to ship? Less than 2 months from order to receipt even after being sent through DDE
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, even with no faceup the sculpt has emotion
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? NA
      * Would you order from this company again? I have ordered and this time directly
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?Yes

8. * What did you order? Souldoll Liddell & Lev from Company
      * When did you order? April 13th & May 05 2011
      * How was the communication? Excellent. They always responded to my emails and even let me combine my orders. They sent me the difference by paypal.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. Just sent them money via paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 3.5 months from the May 05 date.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied, however it is extremely tightly strung
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Loosen the tension?
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

9. I joined a split on a Norwegian dollforum.

* What did you order?
      Souldoll Morse
      * When did you order? We ordered the 14th of july.
      * How long did it take to ship? Around four months.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Very much, yes. It looked better, even.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Couldn't be happier with it.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If it was in good condition, yes.

10. * What did you order? Souldouble Celina with custom Face up
      * When did you order? 8 th of july.
      * How long did it take to ship? about 4 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better! Souldoll did an amazing job on her Face Up <3
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutly!
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, of course. I´ve done before and i will in future!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

11. * What did you order?Souldoll Soul Vito Sharics
      * When did you order?August 4th
      * How was the communication? Very good. They updated the order status on time.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Around 3 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. Better than I expected.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Definitely!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfited.
      * Would you order from this company again? Of course. I'm already saving up money for a Soul Zenith Chiron and Bertrand.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, I would.

12. * What did you order?
      a soulzenith outfit

* When did you order?
      10/15/2011

it's always good, they answer quickly to questions via email and on board.

paypal, very easy

less then a week

quite.

little better, because the promo pics didn't show the outfit properly. but well, guess it happens with all black outfits

very much!

n/a

Yes, I think so and very soon!

I already did ^_^

13. What did you order? Soulzenith Ryucine, blank.

When did you order? I ordered on August 28th but payed via layaway. The final payment was sent on Sept. 3rd.

How was the communication? Slow. They took 2 days to reply almost always.

How easy was it to pay? Easy, by paypal.

How long did it take to ship? 3 MONTHS. They said it would take 8 weeks, but it took almost 12 weeks. I think this is unacceptable.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No. The price is too high for a doll that took 3 months to ship and whose quality was not what I expected.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? I don't think so. The eyes were asymmetrical, the tearduct was different in each one and they were at different heights. Besides, the mouth was croocked and one side is 'higher' than the other. It is a very asymmetrical doll.

Were you satisfied with the product? No. The body is not my cup of tea. It has too broad shoulders, a wide neck that's too big and short, and the hands are almost bigger than the face.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They sent me 3 eyes (2 of which I chose) and a pair of horns I chose to repay for it. They offered to ship the doll for free if they didn't meet the last shipping schedule (that was after having given me almost 6 different shipping schedules they never intended to stick to). I could say I was, but I don't like being toyed around and I felt I was when they gave me several shipping dates they knew they weren't going to meet -and a handful of lies.

Would you order from this company again? No, never.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? No.

14. - Neutral/negative feedback -

What did you order? Two blank Souldouble Chloe heads

When did you order? 7th of September

How was the communication? Okay

How easy was it to pay? Paypal, no problem

How long did it take to ship? I finally received the heads on 29th November

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not really, to me. It isn't horrible, by any stretch, but I felt that the price of the head was a bit high after having seen them in person.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? I suppose. I haven;t honestly looked at the heads very much since getting them

Were you satisfied with the product? No, but that could be because of the length of time I had to wait, and by the time the heads finally got here, I wasn't interested in putting the planned doll together.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I contacted Souldoll in late October when I saw that other heads + dolls fromt he discontinued lines were arriving home. I was told to expect shipping by early November. When this did not occur, I contacted them again. Tey refunded my shipping cost and promised shipping by the following Friday. That date also passed, and when again I contacted them, I was told I could choose two pairs of eyes for free, but did not get a shipping estimate. I waited until around the end of November and tried yet again, this time was told if they had not shipped the order within 48 hours I would receive a full refund. Of course, they managed to squeak in and sent a shipping notice two hours before the 48 were up :roll: However, the eyes they had promised were not in the box when the heads did arrive so I had to contact them one more time and tell them. They did ship the eyes and I'm happier with them than the heads.

Would you order from this company again? Dunno. Maybe for eyes, because I liked those, though the colour was different from what I expected.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Resin, no. Clothes, shoes or eyes, maybe.

15. * What did you order?
      Soulkid D.Maillo w/ face-up and a blank Soulkid Maillo-head

* When did you order?
      August 18. I ordered through Alice's Collections and I'm not sure when they placed the order with Souldoll, but it should have been around that time.

I posted at their Q&A board before placing the order with Alice and they always replied within 24 hours. However, from around two months in (when my dolls were supposed to be shipped), their replies started to get slower until we heard nothing from them. My order arrived in the country without me knowing they'd already been shipped.

I ordered through Alice's Collection.

The dolls arrived on 11/10/11, just shy of three months.

I'm a newbie at the hobby, but yes, I'd say so. Maybe a little overpriced but as Ceth (Soulkid Maillo) would put it, "Your happiness is priceless, Kanis~". And they definitely bring me so much joy.<3

No, not really. The Maillos look far more mature in person and it took me awhile to get used to them. They're beautiful though, no question there.

Once I got over my disappointment on how they looked different from the company pics, yes. They're beautiful and I love my boys so much.

I'm very much satisfied with my boys, but not with how delayed they were or Souldoll's poor communication. However, about a week after the boys arrived, Souldoll sent a smaller package containing free horns to me. Who sends freebies via EMS shipping? Souldoll apparently. I thought it was really nice of them and it took a lot off the waiting sting. If they offered me free shipping and sent free eyes, I'd love them to bits. I guess I'm just someone who is easy to please?

I thought I wouldn't, but Souldoll Shaun is in my wishlist...

Yes, if it's a sculpt that I love and has been discontinued or if it's a particularly good deal

16. What did you order? blank Soul-double kanguk.

When did you order? I ordered on December 3rd via layaway. I paid for it on December 16th.

How was the communication? Slow. If, for example, I wrote on Thursday, they won't reply to me until next Monday...

How easy was it to pay? Very easy. It was by paypal.

How long did it take to ship? 11 weeks... and with an extra delay because "they forgot to send my parcel"...

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely NO!! The doll is so asymmetrical & with a non-finished quality. How can they make us pay such prices for that unfinished & badly sculpted doll?

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Not at all! The doll is so asymmetrical, one side of his face is completely defferent from the other side... now I understand why they never showed Kanguk in a frontal view on their website...

Were you satisfied with the product? No. At least not with the head. The body is pretty good and poses really well. But the head was... well, it was so ugly T__T And too small for the body in my opinion.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They lied to me 2 about were they were going to send my order. Then, they said they were so sorry because they had forgoten to ship it and they gave $50 store credits & a wig as a compensation. Now I need to order something from them again in order to make my $50 something usefull. The wig was very beautiful at least...

Would you order from this company again? No, thanks, I've had enough.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? No.

17. * What did you order?
      Soulkid Lily.C blank

* When did you order?
      September 19 (2011)

Good, they always replied. Maybe sometimes it was slow (around the weekends) but I am not upset about it.

Easy, paypal :)

She arrived in December 4 (2011), but it was a delay of around 1 week because of EMS.

She is my first doll so I don&#8217;t have much to compare it, but I love her and I think her is perfect. She&#8217;s kinda asymmetrical but that&#8217;s cute too :)

Nope, She came to me blank, and with a bigger pair of eyes.

Yes! I love her!!

They gifted my a pair or horns because of just around one week of delay process.

Yes!

Don&#8217;t like second hand.

18. * What did you order?
      Souldoll Chiron (no face up) + faceup for H.C Yurr (free event head) + laces + a bench

* When did you order?
      Dec 24 (doll), Feb 12 (laces) and Apr 17 (bench)

Quite prompt; usually within 1-2 working days

A breeze with Paypal

Nearly 4 months, but they shipped Chiron and Yurr head separately (with Yurr head shipped nearly 2 weeks later) .

Yes, Souldoll price is a little steep but I'm happy with both of them. The zenith body also looked and posed much better than I had initially feared.

Yes, I didn't get Chiron with faceup but the facial features were similar. Yurr's faceup was darker than I expected though.

Yes, there was a few glitches (some missing laces, mole on Yurr's faceup was a little smudged due to MSC so it looked bigger that it was supposed to) but overall I'm happy with Chiron and Yurr.

Souldoll sent my missing laces together with my event head which they sent out later. I didn't inform them about the mole issue though.

Yes, when they have cleared their current backlog. I'm planning to get a body for Yurr later in the year.

Maybe if it was a limited and sold out item but I prefer buying directly from the company itself.

19. Good Review

* What did you order?
      Souloid Iraki v.3, fullset

* When did you order?
      Dec 22, Layaway Paid Feb 22

Good. On the Q&A board, usually within 1-2 working days

Very easy with Paypal

Sent 5/9/12, arrived 5/14/12.
      A bit less than 3 months after layaway paid.
      Souldoll reported some difficulties casting the Steel Skin and in filling orders due to their number during the Dec. Event.

I'm happy with the quality. The Steel skin looks very nice and silvery-metallic. No seams at all. Eyes are fantastic. Faceup nice. No damage or scratches or defects on the doll at all. Very well packed and shipped.

Yes.

Yes.

n/a

Yes.

Yes.

20. * What did you order?
      Souldoll Soulkid Shaun in Sandy Brown

* When did you order?
      November 12, 2011, received 28 May 2012

N/A

Ordered through DDE, very easy.

3-4 Days from Souldoll to DDE.

A little high, but still a VERY good quality doll, so worth it.

Absolutely, even better almost!

Yes. But I was not satisfied with the wait time. 199 days is a lot.

They sent me a free head. Not quite a solution, but I'll take it.

With the wait time, probably not, unless they released something that I absolutely needed like air.

Absolutely yes.