1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Feedback (2010)

Feb 1, 2010

1. What did you order?
      Souldoll Liddell with a custom face-up.

When did you order?
      Feb 29th

How was the communication?
      Good, usually within 1-2 working days.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      A little too long for my liking, just under four months.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yeah sure.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Liddell looked much better in person than in the sales pictures, but that may just be because of the custom face-up I ordered.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, although there are some cracks in the resin between the fingers on her right hand and some pretty bad seams, it's nothing I can't fix.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I haven't bothered to contact the company again after the whole problem with shipment dates never going through (I was told two dates that she would ship but didn't until the third date in which she did ship), the only thing that I'm not satisfied with is the cracked fingers, but I can't fix them myself without having to mess around.

Would you order from this company again?
      Only if there was a doll that I HAD to have, which isn't likely.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If there was another Souldoll that I wanted then yeah sure, it'd probably ship quicker too.

2. What did you order?
      Souloid Iraki body parts in white/steel skin, with a Shaun head + default faceup and a Soulkid outfit.

When did you order?
      July 13th

Great. They contacted me to confirm I wanted a free faceup as part of their summer event before I had a chance to ask them about it, and I received my payment confirmation and shipping notice promptly.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, by PayPal.

About a month and a half, which was much faster than I expected.

Yes.

Yes, although the faceup was in brown rather than the black used on the sandy brown Shaun promo photos.

I'm very satisfied with the doll. He looks fantastic, and the Souloid body is very detailed and looks great in the silver resin. The colour isn't completely even, but it doesn't look bad and some blushing will cover it up anyway.

The outfit looks great, and it's obviously very well constructed. Unfortunately the leather parts of it have a very strong fish odour! I'm aware that sometimes leather is treated with fish oils, but it's really quite disgusting and I'm hoping that giving it a chance to air outside of the sealed plastic packaging will reduce it to a more tolerable level.

UPDATE 25/10: After airing it for several weeks, the smell has gone from the coat and necklace pieces, and has mostly disappeared from the trousers and arm warmers (it no longer makes me want to vomit, at least).

I'm not planning on contacting them.

Sure, I don't see why not. I don't think I'd buy an outfit that looks like it might use leather, though.

Yes.

3. It's 2010 thread but I see it's still active and people posted 2012 info. So I will hop in.

Souldoll Feedback

* What did you order?
      SoulKids (Kid Girl) Arina
      With custom face-up request.

* When did you order?
      I paid in layaway term. So I first ordered on 3 July 2012.
      After final payment was confirmed 2 months later in September, the doll was shipped immediately the next day.

* How was the communication?
      Great. At first, there was some confusion due to language skills.
      (Please read far below for detail.)
      But the representative replied my emails pretty fast and was very helpful and patient.
      I think I sent about 15 emails in total, both before placing order and after placing order.
      And they answered to every single e-mail I sent!

* How easy was it to pay?
      PayPal. Super easy.

* How long did it take to ship?
      After my final payment (because I used layaway) it was shipped in 2 day.
      The doll arrived 5 days after shipping.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely! :aheartbea

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes. But since I got custom face-up, I would say mt doll looks far prettier :lol:

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Totally satisfied. I am so in love with my girl.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, of course. I highly recommend SoulDoll!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would consider it. Depends on the item and the seller.

Additional detail:

This was my first doll so I was super anxious. I asked SoulDoll a lot of question, as well as sending them many pictures to ask if they can make custom face-up like in the pics. The reply was YES, but the message was like:

Which was so confusing so I sent a reply trying to confirm what I got from reading this was accurate. (I thought it needs airbrush and I have to accept using airbrush.)

The reply was:

So I sent another question asking if I will have to wait until the event end before I can order my doll with request face-up. The final reply on this question was clear and pleasant.

So I placed the order with them (bundled with my friend's Hunoi, hehehe.)

There are so many questions from me and they answered all of them nicely. I was so glad I decided to buy from them. Unlike when I asked DZ so much but didn't order despite of them being very friendly and very helpful, only because the head I wanted didn't fit the body I wanted. But I felt very guilty :( )

4. What did you order?
      A Souldoll Zenith Lot and four pairs of eyes

When did you order?
      July 18th

Great! I contacted them a few times altogether, all by the Q&A board. They were to confirm my payment, then to merge the shipping of my second order, and lastly to delay the shipping of my order. They were very pleasant and always replied within two days~

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, by PayPal.

I received the original shipping notice by the 5th of November but asked them to delay so he was shipped on the 21st! Regardless, both dates were faster than expected after hearing about the horrible wait times, and the first was even within the promised 12 weeks!

Yep!

Frankly? The doll as usual matched the sales pictures in looks but the air about them is so different XD. But the eyes are all good!

Very!

N/A

Sure!

Depends on the situation and the deal. If it's a good one then why not~

5. * What did you order?
      Soul Double Juana with default face-up and two pairs of eyes
      * When did you order?
      January, 29th
      Good, but could be better. I've contacted them by email 3 times, and they answered only two of my messages. But they replied fast, and were very kind.
      Very easy, via paypal.
      I received my shipping notice in August, 16. I knew that my order would take more time to ship, because me and a friend ordered our dolls together. But in the end I waited almost 7 months, because there was a huge delay due to an excessive amount of orders.
      Yes.
      Yes, even better!
      Very much.
      N/A
      Yes, but this very long waiting doesn't make me very excited right now. Maybe in the future.
      Maybe, depending on what kind of item, value and condition.

6. * What did you order?
      SoulKid Arina through Alice's Collections

* When did you order?
      August 3rd, 2012

I've never contacted them directly. However, it may be worth mentioning that I requested a long wig and received a long one.

N/A, I paid through Alice's Collections.

She shipped October 19th, much sooner than I was expecting with SoulDoll being so backed up, especially with the face up. She arrived the 25th. Also, though I opted for free Airmail shipping, she was sent via EMS for free. I don't know for certain which company is responsible for my free upgrade, however.

Absolutely! I got a free face up during the summer event too, but I would have had no issue with paying for one. It is definitely worth the price.

Oh yes, with a slight improvement. Her bottom lip appears to be painted fuller than what appears in her promotional photos. I believe it looks better this way. The "Sandy Brown" skin does look lighter in person, but that may be due to the excess of white she is wearing in her promos. The NL Body is fantastic and really does hide all of the strings.

Yes! I'm one happy customer!!

N/A

Absolutely, though I'll probably stick with AC since it seems to be the cheaper method.

I think so, yes.

7. * What did you order? Souldoll Zenith Double-joint Girl body
      * When did you order? July 16, 2012 via DDE
      * How was the communication? DDE was very good at communicating with me, but Souldoll was not communicating with them. From what I understand, DDE basically could not get responses out of Souldoll throughout my entire order time.
      * How long did it take to ship? She arrived at DDE with no warning on 1/8/2013.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope.
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe. (see below)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

DDE did a wonderful job. I, myself, would be hesitant to order from Souldoll again, either direct or through a dealer due to their written "wait time" being horribly inaccurate and the total lack of communication with one of their dealers. I love my product, but feeling like my order was forgotten when it got to two times the written wait time was nerve wracking.

8. What did you order?
      Souldoll madalyn with custom faceup

Good, sometimes took a couple of days but wasn't too bad

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal.

About 4-5 months but I used layaway option

Yeah

Yeah different faceup which wasn't exactly what I asked for but was still very good

Yes

N/A

Yes but I'd probably organise the faceup myself

I prefer to buy from the company but would consider second hand if I found something I wanted

9. * What did you order?
      Souldoll Apple head, NS blank

* When did you order?
      June 29, 2013

Really good. They emailed me confirmation of purchase and notice of shipping with no prompting.

Very easy, with Paypal.

They shipped it on July 17th.

Yes. The price is average for a professionally cast resin head. Quality is pretty good, no marbling or defects that I could detect. The only nitpick is that the resin around the eyes seem a little thin, but not excessively so.

Considering it is blank, not really. But nothing unexpected.

Yes. Shipping was quicker than expected and I have no complaints.

N/A

Yes, if they had a doll or product I wanted.

Yes. Souldoll has a pretty good reputation for quality, and the dolls of theirs I've seen in person have always been nice.

10. *What did you order?
      Soulkid Joelle normal skin with default face-up and christmas event items (extra N.L. hands for male and the deer set).
      Soulkid Maa normal skin with special face-up and high heeled feet.
      * When did you order?
      27-12-2013 and 30-04-2014.
      Minimal but clear.
      Easy, I used paypal.
      Joelle was send out on 17-03-2014 and Maa on 23-06-2014.
      The resin is a bit thin near the wrist and the s-hook snapped from the hand on my Joelle. I fixed it with superglue. The seamlines are also more prominent than on any of my other ws / ns dolls, but not sharp or an eyesore. The color of the ns is lovely, not too pink or yellow, the body beautiful and detailed, both stood straight out of the box. So yes, pretty much.
      Yes.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No. Allthough Souldoll strung both really tight, which resulted in chipping of the joints, even with little handling.
      Yes, overall, because the dolls are really beautiful and the issues were minor. Though, my Maa chest piece got damaged, which wasn't my fault, but Souldoll fixed that problem for me. See below.
      The chest piece of Maa had pieces broken off of the back due to thin resin in that area. I let Souldoll know and they send me a new chest piece free of charge. Excellent service with quick replies.
      Yes.
      Yes.

11. * What did you order?
      Souldoll Kid Joelle.D normal skin with default faceup
      * When did you order?
      April 1st 2014
      Good, I had no problems understanding them.
      Super easy. Paypal!
      It shipped May 26th. The shipping notice said it could take three to five business days and it came in exactly three. I was super impressed.
      It's my first doll so I have little to no comparison but I'd say yes. The seamlines are a little more pronounced than I expected but he stands fine, his faceup is lovely, and his skin is a nice color.
      Exactly.
      Yes, very much.
      No problems.
      Yes.
      Clothes yes, Dolls probably not.

12. * What did you order?
      Tarot 13 Kyron (violet grey) w/ faceup + a second pair of eyes

* When did you order?
      Sept 30, 2014

I requested different "default" eyes for him, which they obliged. Very polite responses.

Same as usual, I used paypal. Didn't have any trouble.

Shipped Dec 12, arrived Dec 16

Very much so! Lovely resin color, minimal seams, incredible faceup

He looks even better! The lips are different in person, but I like them *much* better like this (the lips in the sales photos were the only part of the faceup I wasn't in love with). The wig in the photos also covered some of the detail around his eyes.

100%

N/A

Absolutely!

13. * What did you order?
      Souldoll Jiu. Ordered from Alice's collections. No problems were any fault of Alice's.

* When did you order?
      Febuary 7th, 2015

All communications were done through Alice.

Easy - PayPal

The doll took about three months to be processed and got to me five days after being shipped.

No. She had several chips on her chest joint and one on her knee joint when I opened her due to the horribly thin resin. The resin around her right eye is also dangerously thin. It was disappointing to have spent so much money and have waited three months to receive something that was already damaged.

You could not see that the resin was that thin on the face in the company photos.

No.

They will be sending new chest and leg parts, but they are doing nothing about the head because, and I quote: "The sculptor of the head didn't modify the thin parts because we don't think it is not big problem. We hope you understand."

No.

I may buy a second hand Souldoll in the future so I know beforehand if there is any damage.

14. * What did you order?

52cm Vito Sharics, white skin, Hidden joints.
      * When did you order?
      Middle of April 2015
      Communication with SoulDoll was very nice. SoulDoll was so responsive and helpful and easy to communicate with, and super quick despite the time difference.
      Very simple and quick. I did the whole payment at once.
      This is complicated, because there were some problems with my order with the dealer I bought the boy through.
      Yes, my goodness. He is gorgeous and gigantic, SO very detailed and high quality. I love him. He couldn't be more perfect.
      Pretty much. I didn't notice any difference.
      Clearly, yes.
      There was an issue with the dealer I bought from, but it had nothing to do with SoulDoll. The dealer (I won't name it because they are a very nice little company and it was an honest mistake) didn't actually place my order with SoulDoll for almost 6 months after I paid because of some mixups. After it was sorted out with the dealer, SoulDoll pushed my order ahead and got my boy shipped out 2 weeks after! They had even given me the option to cancel my order if I needed to. They were amazing and kind about the whole situation and got it sorted out in a matter of days.
      If I could afford to I would.
      Yes! If anyone was actually willing to part with theirs that is. xD

15. * What did you order?
      Zenith Shiva No face Up - 4 Arms - Helmet No Blushing
      She came with an extra torso with another set of arms attached to it.

* When did you order?
      Dec 31, 2016, I used a layaway and her paid in full on Feb 5th, 2017.

Excellent! I sent a total of 3 messages on their Q&A and they got back quickly each time!

Very easy, I used Paypal and as I sent payments I would advise them on the Q&A and my order sheet would update quickly.

4 and 1/2 Months

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No, she was packaged -really- well. Pillows, Bubble Wrap, foam sheets, strings tying her down.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      I messaged them about her being late and as an apology I got two free pairs of eyes, my choice of size / style <3

Easily this answer is yes!

16. * What did you order?
      EunWoo Soulkid in sandy brown skin, no faceup
      * When did you order?
      September 24, 2019
      They've been so quick, polite, and understanding when I've asked questions! I've always heard back after no more than a day, tops. I've also had no issues with needing to communicate in English.
      Easy--I did a 6 month layway, so it was just a matter of remembering to send the same amount sometime that month to the same Paypal account. Souldoll would update my order info on the website afterwards, so it was simple to double-check that the payment was received. I actually messed up and missed my penultimate payment due to holidays scrambling the brain--when I noticed in the first week of the next month, I sent it in immediately with a note and an apology and had no issue at all, which was a huge relief and for which I am grateful.
      She arrived 5 days after my final layaway payment, actually, which is amazing to me.
      I can find no faults here.
      Yup.
      So much so! The sculpt is beautiful, the resin is very evenly colored, and the seams are minimal. I've not done any restringing but the parts appear solid. She was also very securely packaged for shipping, wrapped in plenty of foam and sandwiched between proper pillows, even. She came with extra s-hooks and elastics as well as an extra block of putty for the eyes, which is nice.
      n/a
      Absolutely--lovely people with lovely dolls.
      If there was something I really wanted that was no longer available from them, I don't see why not.