1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll mini dolls Soulkids Discussion part 6

Sep 23, 2018

1. @ihnasarima XD Glad to read someone agrees with me.
      I couldn't get one myself, but I can wait. One day, he might join my horde ;P
      Congrats on getting the head AND the body you wanted. Please be sure to show the new mum when you have her :D I'd love to see you make that combination work ^^

2. OH I will :) She has little ones to hold and wrangle for pictures and adventures.

3. I know I said that but I ordered a Myou body in normal pink skin. I will post a pic when I receive it :)

4. New kids BOY DOUBLE JOINTED body! Who else is jumping up and down with hype right now!?

I can save to buy a male body in sandy brown for my Kuu head!
      It's too bad there is no way I can upgrade my Kyron's body because there's no way his old body would sell on the secondhand market - plus who knows when Souldoll will do grey violet again, but that's okay because I prefer all of my dolls to have different bodies; now I can have two Souldoll boys with two different bodies!

I am maybe rambling too much but guys I'm just so excited, I can't wait to see how the new body poses because the new double jointed girl body looks like it has stellar posing. Can't wait!

5. I'm really excited too, I hope they release the photos of it soon! I've been dying to find an MSD boy body I actually like and I feel like Souldoll won't disappoint, but even if it isn't what I'm looking for I'm sure it will be beautiful nonetheless. :D

6. Hey all, meet Pearl Kitaco (KIT-uh-koh).
      [​IMG]
      She's a mother of four, a midwife/herbalist, and a generally patient being. She has growth magic, and can transfer growth from one being to another, allowing herself to heal others magically beyond normal means.

(Soulkid Ltd Kyron on Soulkid New Double Girl body in NS. Faceup by previous owner's friend.)

@Snowy She's here!

7. I just ordered a Souldoll Juno on the new double girl body, so excited! I don't collect boy dolls but looking forward to seeing the new boy body too.

8. Yaaay new body..... I just want souldoll to sell heads separately so I can get one for the body I already have, I was even told by them earlier this year that they would, but I guess they were talking about the stock heads then? I even mentioned the specific sculpt and everything, why'd you have to go and break my heart like this souldoll. The one time I find a boy sculpt I really like. :( Excuse me while I silently weep

9. Oof, I'm almost tempted to pick up a Hyull head since I love fangs and elf ears, but I really can't afford to right now, haha. Plus I'm not big on romantic type eyes normally.

In the meantime though, here's Cole (formerly Emma) being cute.
      [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]
      Found some fun eraser food props at a shop in LA's Little Tokyo!

11. So the boy double jointed body is out, and I can't stop looking at those thigh joints

It seems the leg sockets have the same problem of Fairyland's Minifee Moe line girl which is that they are too low on the hips to move the legs out very far on either side (i.e. to do the open splits) - and the way Souldoll tries to go around it is the thigh joint engaged, anddddd it's definitely not going to be for everyone
      I am not sure how to feel about it, especially imagining how to use the thigh joint to pose with pants on

Judging from one of the pictures, it looks like you have to use the thigh joint to rotate the leg out even at a 45 degree angle, which is the opposite of Souldoll's old problem with the N.L. boy bodies always wanting to spread outwards when sitting

I am also not a fan of the change of hands, honestly also wish the double jointed girl body came with different hands too but these hands on the boy body are definitely not something I want for default hands because the posing is not natural & relaxed.

The body looks good though; it's Souldoll after all! But I am definitely curious to see how people review the body when they start receiving it.

What do you guys think of the body? I also don't mean to interrupt photo sharing, so go ahead and keep sharing your lovely dolls! :D

:sumomo:Happy new year!:sumomo:

12. @aestellica thanks for the update on the body.
      I was hoping it would be taller than the NL body and if a similar aesthetic, as it's so hard to pose my boy without his stand and I was kinda hoping for a new body that can pose better for him.

13. I haven't been able to give my girls as much time as I'd like, but I'm experimenting with different wigs for this one. I still don't think it's what I want for her, but it will work for the time being. She still needs proper eyes, a good outfit.....wow okay, everything haha!

[​IMG]

14. Hi! I'm thinking real hard about getting a YeonSoo on the new double girl body. Can you guys share where to get clothing and shoes that will fit her? I'd like to dress her in more modern styles of clothes and shoes. Also, should I spend the extra $20 for heeled feet? Any and all opinions welcome.

15. I'm starting a layaway for Annamari on the new double girl body as well (large bust), I ordered heeled feet because if I didn't I wouldn't have any way to change my mind later :P Also I found some really cute 1/4 heeled boots for her already (on Alice's Collections), though they are a little big for the feet, but I'm hoping they'll still work. For clothes I looked at the body's measurements and am hoping what I got her will fit (a corset adjustable on the back, found on Etsy, they are said to be sort of sized for minifee moe line). Otherwise I'm just gonna have to try to sew something for her, which I have very little experience with. You can also search for measurements of other similar-sized bodies and looking for clothes that are described to fit those. (For example, I looked at the moe line's measurements to see how different they were from the Soul kid body.)

16. I'm planning on doing exactly the same thing. I'm going all in and getting the heeled feet as well, just so I have more options when choosing her footwear. An extra $20 on top of the full order price isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. I'll just have to give up a few coffees here and there and it'll all work out ;)

I'm also curious as to what fits Soulkids, I've been doing some research and not getting many answers. I've seen some Etsy listings list them alongside minifees but I just don't know for sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.

17. My Juno on the new double girl body came yesterday! I wasn't expecting her, my order on Souldoll's site still said processing. I have some clothes (including things in minifee size) for her already so I'll try on and report back what fits. I'm thinking skirts and shirts will be ok, pants maybe not - I think her legs are considerably longer than minifees (and I didn't order any minifee pants for her with this in mind). I also need to order her a wig still, I feel so unprepared hah!

18. Ours are twins, haha! I got a EunWoo on the new double girl body as well. My little lady's layaway was finished mere days (!) earlier, order said still processing, and then lo and behold, I find a pink 'sorry we missed you' on my door on February 4th and successful redelivery today. My previous doll was a nightmare to retrieve (no fault of the maker, but of that local post-office-shaped hell) so it was a pleasant shock to have her show up out of the blue with no effort on my part. I've taken to calling her my little naked alien, as I have neither wig nor clothes nor faceup materials for her.

Emergency Etsy orders to the rescue.

Juno is a really cute sculpt--the style reminds me a bit of my other love, Iplehouse. Did you order her with a faceup?

19. Does anyone have an opinion if the boys should wear 12mm or 10mm eyes. I have a Joelle and his eyes are quite narrow, which one do you think would be better?
      My boy needs new eyes!

20. @CarolettuceBJD Either size might fit in the eye wells, and it might come down to what kind of character you're going for. Bigger eyes are going to give a kinder and/or softer look, or even just a younger look, whereas smaller will make him seem more mature/sharper/colder, etc.