1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll mini dolls Soulkids Discussion part 6

Sep 23, 2018

1. [​IMG]

Look at her! She's so cute!

2. Just got my water wifey in and I have a question...is there any way to get better posability out of the wrists and maybe stabilize the ankles with the N.L. bodies? I have a few dolls and I don't think I've ever run into a lack of a wrist ball joint on the hand. The ankles just make it almost impossible for Jordan to stand without the ankle wigging out.

[​IMG]

3. I've been trying many things, an extra ankle piece, sueding, etc. The other day I hot some boots for my boy and he could stand in them, I theorize it's because it is stiff and holds the foot in position? I'm planning on making a kind of a cast like thing to keep his foot from wobbling all over and see if it helps. For the wrist, I made an extra piece to improve the poseability, its a bit ugly though. Let me know if you want to see

4. I would love to see it if you have a picture.

5. Hi there! Haven't been here for soo-so-soo-so-sooo long... actually this summer marks 10 years since this little Lady chose me as her new companion, my beloved Grail doll 。♥‿♥。

[​IMG]

6. @Ha-Neul She is beautiful!

@Peneyofdeath (sotto voce) That's why I hybrid my Seung-A onto a different body...the NL body drove me nuts with the difficult posing.

7. :/ I might have to live with the bad wrists or try some modding. The main reason I wanted this body is he's supposed to be taller but in the same scale as the Fashion Dollshe boys. I mean, it works. Which makes me /so/ /happy/. Now just for his hubby to get to my friend so we can see how they look together.

8. @Peneyofdeath If you try some modding, I'd love to see a project journal of it! I love my Kyron to death but he sure could use some mobility as well.

9. A Wee Tiefling
      Thank you so much!^^

To be honest I'm so surprised to read all these comments about new bodies problems, because I've never met in all my 10 years in this hobby better bodies, than old Souldoll double jointed ones, both msd and sd, which now are discontinued and it's a pain...><'
      I once had Liddell on this body:
      *Special ball jointed doll for you, SOULDOLL*
      and she worked magic with her posability and balance...
      How on earth could they have changed these perfect bodies into something worse while trying to improve them? I just don't get it O.o

10. @Ha-Neul The funny part is...it isn't the /NEW/ Double Jointed bodies. They have the normal wrist/ankle joints. It's only the N.L. Double Jointed bodies and the Old Vito girl bodies that have the limbs end in a rounded off manner for the hand/foot to rest on. The movement would be so much better...if there wasn't an eyehook at the base of the hand that kept getting caught on the hole in the wrist. The ankles just need some support like sueding, but since it's a 'sharp' edge to the foot meeting a rounded ankle, it just flops everywhere. I can't even see how I'd add in hot glue sueding to it without seeing it get ripped up quickly.

11. Peneyofdeath
      Ahhh, I see, so it's the bodies, where they tried to prioritize esthetics over mechanics... hmmm... and what if make extra parts for wrists and anckles, like additional ball joints? But, on the second thought, I guess it may not be quite possible, if there's no enough space to fit them nicely... oh, it's really a pain...><'

#231 Ha-Neul, Aug 10, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    12. @Ha-Neul It's like PeneyofDeath said, the NL bodies aren't as well-engineered as the newest bodies. I've had a boy and girl NL body and I struggled to get them to pose. I liked the aesthetics of them but they were more beauty than function.

13. I'm genuinely wondering if I could make a ball joint for the wrist and make a concave part for it to sit in. Because...wow, the resin in the wrists is actually fairly thick. It's amazing. Not gonna lie...I'm getting annoyed by checking on the joint to see if I can make it better......to find that the hook in the hand is scratching off resin on the inside of the wrist. Like, really?

14. Peneyofdeath
      Omg...><' But hey, I've already been there, don't remember which body it was, it was veeery long time ago, but it had exactly same problem, I totally forgot about that episode, but, to be honest, in the end I just switched to another body...><'
      I sincerelly wish you good luck with fixing this problem!^^
      If resin in the wrists is really pretty thick, maybe there's a chance for a successful modification...
      And maybe it's possible to ask Souldoll team for advice, they have always replied via their official instagram before and have always been really nice^^

15. Sorry I haven't been able to get to my doll, but her is a photo of the cap I made for the wrist(2nd pic) compared to normal(1st pic). It's a definite Improvement
      Login • Instagram

Hopefully I'll be able to get better pictures soon

16. I wish I was better at explaining technical things, but there is another way to modify this, it just involves opening the wrist part of the lower arm so it can accommodate a ball. Then you need to make a ball shape, not a complete ball, more like 3/4 of a round shape with one flat end, and with a string channel inside. It acts like a cap. The cap needs to fit into the hand with the flat side, over the hook. Then the cap is put over the hook in such a way that the round end faces towards the arm, going a bit into the lower arm opening. (You put the elastic on the hand hook first, then slide the ball cap over it later.) Can anyone understand what I'm saying? Some bodies are actually made this way, but I don't have the NL body on hand to see if it's even feasible :sweat It might look a little less conspicuous?

17. This is actually what I was thinking of doing, tbh. Now just to get a break so that I can start trying.

18. Whoa, you did actually understand me?^^ Well, if you get around to doing it, please consider sharing photos, I'd like to know if it works so much! It sounds like a real great project. Do you have an idea what kind of apoxie would be best to use? It needs to take quite a bit of strain I would guess.

19. @Mandagore

I'm thinking of starting it in Miliput to see if they work and then I'll probably poke around to see if anyone would be able to cast them in resin for me once they actually work. I've done ear mods with the stuff and jeebus...I swear it's harder once cured than the resin is.

20. @Peneyofdeath Sounds great! And good to hear about the Milliput, because when I used it for repairing a crack, I was told it was the least hard or durable of Apoxies and I could as well not do it at all... but that gives me hope.