1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll mini dolls Soulkids Discussion part 6

Sep 23, 2018

1. @Mandagore I don't know about cracks, because it needs a bit of itself to be durable...but I've made neck donuts with it and it's held up like a champ.

2. Perhaps a good start would be to just cut off a tiny section of the end of the arm with a very fine saw or even a knife. Turn that around and you have a color and size matched half dome for the wrist ball. Then use a spherical bit to smooth the end of the arm into a concave surface to accept the wrist ball.

Worth looking at since you're going to have to remove the spherical portion of the end of the arm anyway.

#243 scripple, Aug 12, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    3. Hello! Finally after 2 years of saving I'm placing an order for YeonSoo :dance
      I was wondering if anyone has ordered the new hand options they recently released? I'm wondering if they are worth buying, as this will be my first doll. How often do you guys change your dolls' hands or wish you could change them?

4. Was working on my Jordan when I had to stop and admire the beautiful leg sculpting. Still haven't tried any of the modding yet because of dealing with virtual school and just wanting to finish the wig before I start going at things.

[​IMG]

5. @Peneyofdeath Always time to admire leggies. :lol: Are you making a ventilated wig?

@glaen I don’t know about Souldoll’s extra hand parts, but with other dolls I have, I always appreciate having extras in different poses to play with. Honestly wish more doll makers invested more in making extra hand parts for their dolls. :sorry I only learned last year that Asleep Eidolon made new hand options for their minis and got them in the mail earlier this year and lawrdy, what a difference it makes from the old default ones my girl had! I usually stick to my favorite poses most of the time on my dolls, but change them out quite a bit whenever it’s photo spam time. :lol:

Anyway, here’s Shin in his new sweater and a pair of socks from one of the outfit sets I got in earlier this week from Souldoll. :)

[​IMG]

Can you believe I only am now realizing all of my Kid sculpts are hybrids (my Bonnie here on a Dream Valley body, Gana on Bimong body, and Joelle on Luts MDF body)? :XD: And then the one Souldoll Kid body I have had a Unoa Elder Zest head on it until a recent upgrade (he’s a full Elder now and now I have an extra doll I will eventually need to sell thanks to a friend’s unintentional enabling lmao).

6. I am :) I LOVE ventilating wigs. Jordan's wig at the moment is my break from commissions that I have for them. It's just really relaxing to work on.

7. That’s awesome! They seem like real time sinks to make, but i imagine it’s definitely worth it in the end for more realistic hairlines and having more options with styling them in updos and whatnot. :chibi Definitely look forward to what the wig looks like once its finished on your doll. :thumbup

8. Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum and I'm happy to join this discussion because I absolutely love this company, my first doll was Flett and she is still with me after 7 years :p

Congratulations with your first doll! She is very beautiful and tender ^^ I ordered a body from Souldoll for my Yeonbee head in the beginning of september and just one week after they released new hands for msd. Personally I love playing with extra hands to give my dolls more "expressiveness" on photos and I can say that it's a really good idea to use them and 20$ just worth it. Even one pair of hands will give you more possibilities and interesting photo ideas :) I agree with @Singull that it can be cool if more companies do extra hands and even feets for their dolls. If someone is interested I can share some photos of Souldoll's hands but I have no idea when I'll receive them ^^'

9. Hey does anyone know if there are jointed hands that fit the kids line? I have Rudy girl version on layaway and was considering getting her some jointed hands but the official website doesn't have them and they have pretty limited hands for that size girl. Do the boy hands look that different? and is there any other brands that have hands that would fit and look nice on rudy?

10. Hey, congratulations with Rudy, hope you will receive her soon :)
      I can't say about jointed hands but I also was wondering if male hands made by Souldoll will fit a girl's body. So I asked them directly by mail if I can buy male hands for my girl body and this is their answer:
      So i think it can be risque to order them ^^

11. Is anyone participating in this month's Sandy Brown event? I am debating on it but want to know if it'll be a resin match for old Fairyland. I am considering the new Soul Kind Girl body.

12. @PaeoniaDrop are we sure there IS going to be a sandy brown event this month? I dd not see the confirmation anywhere, but your post pretty much paused me in ordering Hari in normal just now...

Did I miss Souldoll announcing it somewhere?

13. Sorry. I was on BJDivas on mobile and didn’t see the year. It was last year’s September event.

14. I see... No worries. I see the heads are not supposed to be limited (at least for now) based on their sales page, so I'm really hoping they will be eventually available in a different colour too. I really like their milk cocoa skin, and would be interested in trying out the sandy brown eventually as well...

15. Oh I have not seen their milk cocoa skin. It already sounds so pretty. I am in love with the way their bodies pose and move.

16. Dolkus has all the usual special colour nicely lined-up for comparison here:
      https://dolkus.com/up/item_img35059_16.jpg

I have Lavi in that colour, and in person it is like a taupe colour, with slight rose tint (which mellowed slightly over years). Very beautiful shade. Sadly, this little one is going to wait longer for styling, as I don't have her concept finalized yet...
      [​IMG]

17. @Sollnvictus She is so beautiful. I am definitely a fan. I love how warm it is and that rose tint. Sandy brown definitely has more sand and yellow undertones.

18. Is anyone planning on ordering a girl in the new neutral tan skin color event they just announced? The Juno looks absolutely stunning in that shade, and it kinda makes me sad that I have a NS one on order already instead. lol. I’m trying to decide if I want to try to get a Finley, Milk Way, or Willow. Hmmmm...

19. Yeah, I'm thinking of ordering Hari in tan. Thanks to @PaeoniaDrop I halted my order for NS Hari, so could make it work money-wise... I was originally hoping for her in Sandy once the idea came in, but I will try darkening her skin in my concept pic for her to see if the tan would still work...