1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll mini dolls Soulkids Discussion part 6

Sep 23, 2018

1. Have they released neutral tan before? I tried searching for a resin comparison to other brands, but mostly found SoulDoll NS.

2. I think this is their first time releasing it. Imo, Sandy brown is one of the lightest tan shades you can get from any company. I was actually a little disappointed by how light it was when I got my original Juno in 2018. I’m glad this resin tone is a bit darker.

3. @dxgirly Thanks! I didn't know if it was going to be possible to join a split, but I will ask Alice Collections to see if they'd sell me a body only.

4. My Finley just arrived today, she's the first doll I've gotten from Souldoll and wow she's just as gorgeous in person. I'm gonna be dyeing her so fingers crossed it goes well

5. Oooooh nice! What colour are you planning on dyeing her? I dyed recently souldoll hands with dyemore and they dyed pretty evenly, so hope your project will go well too!

BTW the new event and resin colour - I wonder if they made this slightly darker tone because they had received a substantial amount of complaints about the sandy looking lighter than in the pictures...

#265 solinvictus, Sep 24, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    6. Ugggh I've got too many incoming dolls already (and yet none of them at home yet lol), but Juno in the neutral tan is probably going to end up on my list. I actually loooove the sandy brown, I have a Hunoi head on the NL Girl body and a Shaun with NL Boy body, both in sandy brown. The brown when I got them in like 2012 was pretty close to the images. (theyve mellowed some and are less red now), so I don't know if the newer implementations are lighter. I'm really interested to get the new kids double girl body and compare to my old Liddell and the NL girl.

7. In case anyone is interested, Alice's Collection will order the body only for neutral tan if anyone is looking for a hybrid.

8. Oooh This looks nice :)Kyrion works well as a girl thanks to that delicate faceup!

9. Neat! I can see now also the beautiful eyes you got her, @ihnasarima :)

All that talk about the Soulkids, and thinking ordering a new one (I'm going to give myself few weeks to think about it first, just to avoid impulse-buying that tan Hari) made me do a temporary faceup and a quick "transformer" dress for my Lavi, just so she is not sitting naked all the time, which made me feel super guilty :sweat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I also have Shaun in Sandy brown. Was curious if you found a good fitting wig for him. For some reason I’m struggling to find him a good wig that looks right on his head. What size did you go with or do you have any suggestions?

I got my Shaun in roughly 2018 and I was definitely surprised by how light the tan was when it arrived. Was much lighter than the pictures. I thought he would be closer in color to my dollzone tan boys, but he was a lot lighter and more yellow in color. I still like it. It seems like an olive skin tone almost. But if you were hoping for the darkness of the pictures, it is not even close to the images. However I also ordered a Vito-limited edition Paw around the same time and his Sandy brown color was darker and pretty similar to the dark tan color my limited-the epic-Souldoll Robb is. He is much older and I bought him secondhand. Seems the limited edition ones all got the darker tan color and the regular edition dolls are struggling to get the Sandy brown color. I’m tempted to order a doll in the new color to try it out and see. Would be curious to see how it compares. But I have three dolls all in different heights from the same company and they claim to all be Sandy brown, but they all are different shades of resin. Perhaps this new shade is their attempt at getting a consistent shade of tan.

11. Seeing how similar this shade is to the Sandy Brown, you are very likely correct. It's difficult to tell from the photos only, but I wonder if perhaps the shade is going to be close-ish to the iplehouse real skin... but I guess we won't know until the dolls from this preorder would actually be shipped out.

12. @Meggethann I think the wig I got for him was a leekworld wig in 6-7? but I ended up putting some velcro on his head to keep it on.

13. Anyone getting the new kid body? I'm considering it for myself and would love some opinions!

14. @charleyse Do you mean the boy or the girl body?

15. Honestly, I'm not partial about it since the character I have is genderfluid so opinions on either would be nice

16. @charleyse I'm not sure which aspects in particular interest you the most, but I do have picture references that might be of use for the girl body. I haven't found any reviews or owner pictures of the boy body yet, but I plan to purchase one and do a review whenever Souldoll does a sandy brown order period for it.

The links are all from when the bodies were more recently released, so before the default hands changed and some engineering was slightly tweaked.

General size/proportions:
      Next to Dream Valley and Minifee
      body comparison line up (far right)
      next to a few other MSDs (far left)
      next to minifee

Posing:
      sitting pose comparison (far right)
      leg range with minifee head
      sitting pose with minifee head
      alternate sitting pose with minifee head (SD old white matches FL beauty white)
      nice posing I recommend looking through this instagram for more posing examples as well since there are many photos of her

17. Thank you so much @aestellica ! This helps a lot! <3<3 Although it would be nice to see the engineering changes in owner photos I might need to wait and search a bit more for those.

#279 charleyse, Nov 17, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    18. @charleyse I don't know whether or not you have seen it so I hope it isn't a bother for me to mention it, but Souldoll has updated pictures of the minor changes on the sales page for the girl body with some basic demonstration of what difference it makes! In general it's an improvement to an already good poser, plus the new default hands are way better