1. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. [​IMG]

* What did you order?
      Souldoll kid Clodia
      * When did you order?
      January 13th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      The doll is beautiful. She is perfect for shelling my OC. I do wish the wrists had another ball joint so her hands could have vetter posability. The joints of the NL body are also not very versitile. I will need to suede her, but she was strung very well.
      Aside from the rediculously long shipping (7 months for me and they did provide a gift for the delay) it was a dream to purchase her.
      * Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes

2. * What did you order?
      1/4 Crispin, no horns, white skin, face-up.

* When did you order?
      Early 2017 -- I wanna say around May? I received her in September, but I was anticipating a long wait so I wasn't bothered by that.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Honestly, no. It's not junk or anything, and I still love my doll, but considering I got her straight from Souldoll I felt really let down by some aspects of her.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yep!

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Not exactly, no.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives:
      - Head sculpt is gorgeous!
      - The face-up is absolutely stunning and has so much personality and detail.

Negatives:
      - She came to me so tightly strung that her legs and arms all bent at severe angles, pretty much no matter what I did. I was frustrated with that right off the bat; even after nearly a week of loosening her strings and keeping her tugged in different positions to soften up the tension, she still folded up like a lawn chair. Really not something I expect when I get a doll straight from the manufacturer, presumably strung by someone who knows what they're doing! But...

- The really crappy part is that when I restrung her, thinking the issue was just that the elastic was too tight, she did the same thing, and I also found that pulling the elastic through certain parts of her (most notably the upper thighs and upper arms) was made twice as difficult by the wonky inner tunneling. So I had a much much more experienced friend restring her, thinking maybe I'd lost my mind, even though I've restrung my other dolls successfully in the past. Their takeaway was the same as mine: the joints in the body, in some places, looked and felt like they hadn't been drilled through all the way, resulting in a doll that was somehow both floppy in places and incredibly tight in others no matter how well-strung she got. We tried it with different levels of tension, same results. The sculpt of the body is just... not quite finished on the inside, making it crazy-hard to get the elastic pulled through certain parts and impossible to get her poseable.

* Would you buy more from this company?
      I wouldn't risk it, to be honest. I've never had these problems with any of my other dolls. The head sculpt is jaw-dropping, though, so I might consider getting another head from them without the body.