1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. [​IMG]

* What did you order?
      Souldoll kid Clodia
      * When did you order?
      January 13th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      The doll is beautiful. She is perfect for shelling my OC. I do wish the wrists had another ball joint so her hands could have vetter posability. The joints of the NL body are also not very versitile. I will need to suede her, but she was strung very well.
      Aside from the rediculously long shipping (7 months for me and they did provide a gift for the delay) it was a dream to purchase her.
      * Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes

2. * What did you order?
      1/4 Crispin, no horns, white skin, face-up.

* When did you order?
      Early 2017 -- I wanna say around May? I received her in September, but I was anticipating a long wait so I wasn't bothered by that.

Honestly, no. It's not junk or anything, and I still love my doll, but considering I got her straight from Souldoll I felt really let down by some aspects of her.

Yep!

Not exactly, no.

Positives:
      - Head sculpt is gorgeous!
      - The face-up is absolutely stunning and has so much personality and detail.

Negatives:
      - She came to me so tightly strung that her legs and arms all bent at severe angles, pretty much no matter what I did. I was frustrated with that right off the bat; even after nearly a week of loosening her strings and keeping her tugged in different positions to soften up the tension, she still folded up like a lawn chair. Really not something I expect when I get a doll straight from the manufacturer, presumably strung by someone who knows what they're doing! But...

- The really crappy part is that when I restrung her, thinking the issue was just that the elastic was too tight, she did the same thing, and I also found that pulling the elastic through certain parts of her (most notably the upper thighs and upper arms) was made twice as difficult by the wonky inner tunneling. So I had a much much more experienced friend restring her, thinking maybe I'd lost my mind, even though I've restrung my other dolls successfully in the past. Their takeaway was the same as mine: the joints in the body, in some places, looked and felt like they hadn't been drilled through all the way, resulting in a doll that was somehow both floppy in places and incredibly tight in others no matter how well-strung she got. We tried it with different levels of tension, same results. The sculpt of the body is just... not quite finished on the inside, making it crazy-hard to get the elastic pulled through certain parts and impossible to get her poseable.

I wouldn't risk it, to be honest. I've never had these problems with any of my other dolls. The head sculpt is jaw-dropping, though, so I might consider getting another head from them without the body.

3. * What did you order? Tera-Zenith Body in NS, Lena Head in NS (Zenith Size), Zenith female body with heel feed added in NS, CR-6, Ell-25c, wk(db)-tz, and eyes (NP138, NP136, NP137, P134, and P114). Also received a Zenith-sized Body Bag and Head bag as a gift as well as a TeraZenith Josh head in NS.
      * When did you order? Order was placed on the 1st of September 2020
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I ordered during their event and spent enough to receive the max discount. Even if I had paid full price these dolls are wonderfully detailed. I am always amazed by how sturdy the bodies feel.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, short of Ell-25c being slightly longer in length than the promo pictures, but that could be because the wig in the promo pics is styled to some degree and this wig is not. A few of the eyes (NP136 and NP137) look a little darker/less vibrant than the photos but not enough to complain.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Overall, yes. There is one minor negative which I will discuss below
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Pros: Fast shipping and very careful wrapping of the dolls, free eyes in the heads(Lena head and gift head were supposed to be eyeless), and lovely pillows in the boxes. Cons: The TeraZenith body was mailed in the Zenith sized box due to shipping during the pandemic, because of this I will be unable to store my doll fully assembled when I move unless I purchase a new/different box for him to use. Also, I had to pay an additional 50(ish) dollars from my original 140(ish) in shipping due to price increases during the pandemic.
      * Would you buy more from this company? I actually have another order that is supposed to be shipping on Friday and I am eyeballing a few more things. Most of the Cons are out of the company's control or were ways to try to save on pricing hikes during the pandemic.

4. * What did you order?
      A Soulkids Joelle.D in normal skin, with the default face-up.

* When did you order?
      I placed my order March 6, 2022 through Alice's Collections.

Yes--I paid around $400 for the doll (he's a 1/4 size) and about $50 in shipping. Which considering shipping costs these days, isn't too bad. Souldolls are quality dolls. Their resin has a really, really nice feel, and the sculpting of the face is absolutely gorgeous. I was also very impressed with the face-up. From what I can see, the doll arrived with no imperfections that I can see. I also really love the packaging, it just gives it a nice sense of quality.

A perfect match!

Absolutely! The doll is perfect and exactly what I was hoping he would be. The company was even kind enough to include an extra pair of hands that I did not order, which is greatly appreciated! I love the details on the dolls hands, face, and body. You can even see a bit of spine curves on the back of his neck area, which is really nice. I really love the way Souldoll sculpts their faces, and I could stare at the detail all day!

All of the above are positives for me--the one negative I will say, which isn't so much of a negative, is that the Soulkids does have a bit of awkward sizing. He's fairly tall at 47cm with wider hips, so finding bottoms that will fit him will be a challenge. Souldoll dolls also tend to have smaller heads, so it's easy to forget which is the right size wig to order. Ultimately the negatives aren't related to the quality of the product--more so hurdles the owner has to navigate!

Absolutely! This isn't my first doll from them, and it probably won't be the last.

5. * What did you order? Soul Doll Milky Way - Casual version, nude, WS, Kids new double girl body + old and new hands and wig
      * When did you order? Purchased in-stock dolls from BJDivas on June 2, 2022
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. This is a beautiful, and beautifully engineered, doll
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Hm. If you look at the promotional pictures for Milky Way, the doll is leaning forward, and the wig is concealing much of her face. Receiving the blank doll was a bit of a shock. The head was much larger and more angular than I was expecting, almost to the point of appearing masculine. The wig is also much less full in person than it appears in the photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      Positives:
      This is a beautiful doll. Resin is smooth, and the jointing is lovely. This body is "hippy" - she's pear-shaped. The hips are wider than the shoulders. The hands are nicely sculpted in interesting positions - I haven't seen these kinds of hands before. I also appreciate that one hand is different from the other. (How many finger guns does my doll really need to make?) Posing is nice. I was expecting the legs to be kicky, but they move smoothly in and out of positions.
      Negatives: see above re: whether the doll/wig looked like the sales pictures.
      The other negative (and this is more of a personal preference) is that the head appears very large for the Kids body. After receiving the doll, I saw that Soul Doll offers a "Vito" body that is 51 cm, and I think that would have been a better, more proportional fit for this head. I put the head on a Dreaming Doll body, and I like those proportions much better. The body is gorgeous, and I'm keeping it, too - my white Resinsoul/Bobobie Mei head is an almost perfect match proportionally and resin-wise. Soul Doll's white resin has a light pink undertone, whereas Resinsoul/Bobobie white resin is a cool, plain white, so the Mei head needs a little blushing to match.
      Then again - I'm the weirdo who loves dolls but doesn't like doll aesthetics. (Dolls have had big noggins forever.) And kids are supposed to have big heads, right? So I'm complaining about a kid looking like a kid. Take what I say with a huge grain of salt.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely, particularly when I learned that Soul Doll will offer to send dolls to you unstrung in smaller boxes. (I hate throwing those big, gorgeous boxes away.)

6. * What did you order? Neutral Tan skin Kid Phoebe on New Double Girl Body

* When did you order?
      12/30/2022

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Honestly, there are no negatives my only wish was that the faceup I opted for had more vibrant colours. This is my first doll from souldoll and she is absolutely flawless. I don't think I have ever seen a better tan in my life for a bjd, also she has no seams and is really smooth. I love her!

* Would you buy more from this company? Yes.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#26 Deifilia, Sep 14, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    7. * What did you order? Soul Kids New Girl Body
      * When did you order? ~August 2023, received Dec 2023.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!!! I bought the body with a small bust, heel feet, and type 1 hands - it came with an alternate large bust part, flat feet, and type 2 hands included. The flat feet were implied to come with it, but the other hands and the alternate bust were not. The doll also came with eye putty, extras of all her S hooks, an extra set of elastic, and cute patterned storage cushions. The resin has a lovely texture and the doll is one of the best posers I've handled.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional): The doll is lovely and an excellent value for the price! (Bonus - Souldoll White and Luts White are a perfect match!)
      * Would you buy more from this company? I'd strongly consider it.

#27 SputnikCentury, Dec 16, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 17, 2023