1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souris Etoile Discussion

Jan 19, 2020

1. Although Souris Etoile has been making BJD heads since 2017, I was surprised to find no discussion thread for them here on DoA. I follow the maker on Insta.

As of now the large scale heads they have made are:

Loup
      Micha
      Miguel
      Ire
      Ire Melancholy
      Chei
      Chei Melancholy
      Hwain
      Lucas
      Adele
      Adele Melancholy
      Astor

Does anyone else own a Souris head? Any thoughts or opinions from owners or admirers?
      Anyone else order the Astor head from the preorder that just happened?

2. I got my Ire head 2017, his facial features are gorgeous. However, the head back cap was not nicely done, I don't know how to explain so I will include the photos.

I have not bought any new heads from them yet, so I wonder if the head back cap is improved or not...

Update Feb 5: I emailed Souris Etoile about other release sculpts, I also asked them about this issue of Ire/Ire:Melancolie. Souris Etoile confirmed there is no such issue in their new sculpts, since Ire/Ire: Melancolie was their very first sculpts so this issue just happened.
      But, they improve!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Also, his resin matches with RS normal Luts 2019 and beige powder "normal" Switch about 95-98%.

Comparing between Luts and Switch, normal skin from Luts would be a bit more pale than Switch. Switch is more pinker.
      Souris Etoile is pinker than Switch, so the resin scale will be considered like this:

Luts < Switch < Souris Etoile ( pink to pinkest)

Overall, the resin from those 3 companies match well.

About the neck joint, since SE-Ire neck circumstance is smaller than Luts/Switch neck, so head posability is limited.
      Inside the head, there are 2 marks for S hook, I think these 2 marks help posability a little bit, but not much...

Good proportion when hybridizing with Luts SDF65 body, and may be with Switch 65 body too

4. Thank you for creating this thread! I have bought my first 2 Souris Etoile heads just yesterday! They are Adele and Aster! I have been looking for Adele for 5 months :sweat

Btw you forgot to include Adele and Adele mélancolie on the list! Adele was made and sold before Aster. He's my favorite from Souris Etoile ^^

5. Wow, I just discovered this brand. Super gorgeous heads.

6. I want Adele but I guess he was limited :atremblin

7. One of my favorite instagram has a bunch of their heads. I fell in love with Astor but they're all sold out right now:atremblin

8. Does anyone know what Souris Etoile's release schedule is and if they re-release sculpts? I'm in love with Ire :love

9. I don't think the artists has done very many rereleases and releases in general seem a little random.

My Astor didn't end up working out for me (I couldn't get over just how teeny tiny his teeth were sculpted) but I love their sculpts in general. Maybe I'll try another one down the road.

10. Souris Etolie is releasing Stella soon. He's absolutely perfect for a character I am shelling. He sells on 6/13-6/19.

Here is a link to the page. Stella| Stella - Souris Etoile

Good to know about the switch match I am going to try to find a powder beige body.

ETA - updated link.

#10 RebelViva, Jun 9, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    11. I ADORE the Stella head :eusa_pray I'm already too attached to my current doll that I would have him as. ...And I really have no need for extra characters I've not made up yet. Just gonna add him to my admiration list for now.

12. Ohh I love Souris Etoile so much. I only found out they existed the day the Stella preorder ended. :doh Stella and Aamon are some of my favs, but Aster is so lovely. I'll just have to live vicariously through everyone else for now :XD: Hoping to see lots of pics when people get their Stella's.

13. I hope you are able to get one on second-hand market @thousandfurs ! They should ship soon. I just asked for an update as they quoted 60 days but its been a few days over 90 lol.

14. Thanks, I hope so too!! And I hope they ship soon. :dance I'm sure they'll be lovely in person <3

15. Their sculpts are so unique! I have an astor in mocha that I wanted to do a hybrid match with my switch body in mocha, but unfortunately it wasn't a close match at all...I made a bad move by assuming that all korean brands have similar resin match for each of their skin tones!

Does any have recommendations?

16. Got an email update finally. Due to errors in production they had to get reproduced so Stella wont ship until around the second week of November.

17. Just got my shipping notice for Stella in peach skin! I also just ordered a Vings 68 (small neck) body. Peach is a good match for Switch Bisque/Normal which Vings can match. Unfortunately it will be a while until the body gets here but I will report back with pics once I do get him all together.

#17 RebelViva, Nov 10, 2022
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    18. Aw yay hope he comes home soon. I just checked the website and my order still says preparing shipment :pout:
      Feels like this pre-order took forever. I almost forgot I ordered him lol

19. @purplepaws Ty! I ordered him like 10 mins after he dropped so I may have been one of the first ones to order lol. She did go on her honeymoon in like August/Sept for almost a month so I think that also attributed to the delays on top of the factory issue. I hope you get your notice soon!

20. Looks like I ordered mine on the 14th, which was a day after. It's still not shipped though :(
      That makes sense... I was wondering because my Aamon was shipped 3 months after ordering