1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit doll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 13, 2009

1. Hi Everyone,
      I didn't see one of these sooo I thought I should start one up :D

Please use the following template to post your review/feedback:

What did you order?
      When did you order?
      How was the communication?
      How easy was it to pay?
      How long did it take to ship?
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

Thank you in advance!

2. What did you order? Tan Lotus Girl + Tan large bust
      When did you order? 6/20/09
      How was the communication? The communication was very quick, professional, and friendly. All my questions and concerns were addressed ... Spirit Doll didn't miss a beat! :D
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy - recieved the total and paid with paypal
      How long did it take to ship? about 2.5 weeks - VERY QUICK!!!!!
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, their dolls are very high quality. The resin is heavy and smooth ... they come sanded free of charge! I got lovely gift eyes with her and heel and reg feet for a very affordable price :fangirl:
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, very much so with the exception that the Store Pic of doll was in white and I ordered the tan ;)
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so ... I just ran a group order to get another doll... and just place my 3 order for a head. I am happy!! :lol: I plan to buy muuuuuuch more from Spirit Doll.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

3. i have had 2 transactions with Spiritdoll, both a terrific experience.

WHAT DID YOU ORDER: a NS boy body, and a special Gray female body, part of a GO
      WHEN DID YOU ORDER: the boy body 6/09? the Gray body 8/09
      COMMUNICATION: Spiritdoll is very prompt in replies, i had no problems
      EASY TO PAY? yes, paid by paypal, leaving a note on their order board forum with the paypal transaction number, as they requested, no problems there
      SHIP TIME: the male body took about 3 weeks, the gray body 2-3 weeks, very prompt... shipped as promised
      DID ITEM LOOK LIKE SALES PICTURES: yes, even better IRL
      COMMENTS: i highly recommend Spiritdoll, both as a great company to deal with, and for a great product. they seem driven to provide good customer satisfaction. the dolls are well made, and perform wonderfully.... i would not hesitate to deal with them again in the future....:)

4. What did you order:Normal Skin boy body
      When did you order:I think the week of halloween, if not a week before.
      How was the communication:There really wasnt any. I know these things take time. I ordered and paid and waited.
      How easy was it to pay:Made the order, left a message on the board and paid with paypal. Pretty easy.
      Shipping:He shipped pretty quick...2-3 weeks, but then the shipping itself was...two weeks for EMS shipping.
      Quality: Resin is really nice, body poses rather well...love the optional parts >_<
      Did the item look like the sales pictures:Yes
      Comments:My order shipped the 5th...and i was only able to get information on the 7th, and then nothing, and i waited, cause typical EMS is 3 - 5 days for shipping. But this ended up taking two weeks to arrive, and when I contacted her about not being able to track it, and what was a normal wait on arriving, i didnt hear anything from them. I checked the next morning and it was through customs and at my house.

5. What did you order? Girl body, small bust piece and an outfit
      When did you order? Sept 12
      How was the communication? Good, they always replied within 24hrs of emailing them.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy with paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? Two months. Supposedly it was held back because the clothes are made to order.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Body yes, clothes not really. The shirt wasn't very good quality at all, but coat and pants were nice.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? The body did, but the shirts included with the outfit was not what was pictured (I got a white shirt instead of black, different design too)
      Were you satisfied with the product? Body yes, outfit kinda
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Didn't bother chasing it up.

6. What did you order? NS Lotus, large bust piece and the Lotus outfit
      When did you order? Oct. 14th
      How was the communication? Ok in the beginning, later, when questioning about shipping date and why the tracking wasn´t trackable for almost one week I had to mail twice and in the end to threaten with a Paypal claim to get things going.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy with Paypal
      How long did it take to ship? 6 weeks
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Of the doll and bust piece, yes, the dress, no.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      Were you satisfied with the product? With the doll and bust piece yes, with the dress no
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn´t contact them about it, after the previous experience it isn´t worth the hassle. But I will keep it in mind for the future.

7. * What did you order?
      Abies doll & Echium head
      * When did you order?
      20 - 12 - 2009 on layaway, finished payment at 6 January 2010
      * How was the communication?
      perfect I could say , very kind & also helpful with everything!!
      * How easy was it to pay?
      very easy , I used paypal !
      * How long did it take to ship?
      It shipped at 26-2-2010 and it was here at the first days of March
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      yes for sure!! It is excellent !!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      yes it was exactly the same!!
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      yes I am truly satisfied!! I loved the resin , posing & view of it !!
      (and there was a gift head too !)
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -
      * Would you order from this company again?
      yes of course I will !!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I couldn't find them new & they where in a good condition yes

8. * What did you order?
      Abies head & Jade doll with event large bust extra
      * When did you order?
      January - with a layaway
      At one point they stopped responding but eventually answered by email.
      Easy, but if you use credit card balance, they expect an extra 4%
      About two weeks after I'd paid off my layaway
      Definitely, Jade had the sculpting and finish of a much higher priced doll. The head is a touch small but overall I'm very happy with her. The body is superb, with nicely detailed hands.
      Yep, both are exactly like their pictures
      Totally
      Definitely, I'm saving up for Abies body
      Yes. If I saw them in the marketplace.

9. * What did you order? Spiritdoll Dark
      * When did you order? In the end of March
      * How was the communication? They answer mails/guestbook/forum slowly or very slowly, and I got the shipping notice *after* I got the doll. But they followed all my requests perfectly, so, they do read and take into account what you ask them for.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, with Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? A month and a half approximately
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, more than that! A grey resin fullset for 589 USD - that's realy cheap!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, totally
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

10. * What did you order? blank spirit doll Firson head and 2nd type body. during the event for free heads.
      * When did you order? late January
      * How was the communication? a bit so-so in the beginning, but after a few weeks their communication picked up and since then even with issues reply's have been with in a few days.
      * How easy was it to pay? very, paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 6 weeks even with Chinese new year during that time.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? very much so!, i really do love this boy. he poses pretty well and is very beautiful!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? better imo.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? the doll yes, the gift bag sadly broke with in the first week.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? i contacted them about the bag, they offered to replace it, and when a new shipment of bags arrived i was sent a new bag. (the new bag is much better than their old bag)
      * Would you order from this company again? yes. they were very pleasant to deal with imo, even with the issue of the bag.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes.

11. * What did you order? Blank NS Jade head (it was originally tanned skin, but I changed my order)
      * When did you order? I paid on June 18th, but payment was confirmed on June 23rd.
      * How was the communication? I tried to get in contact a few days after confirmation to change my order (from TS to NS), and successfully got a hold of them about two days later (I left messages in the Guestbook, BBS, and e-mail). Communication was good and I was answered frequently and clearly. I know they don't do refunds (NS is less expensive than tanned skin), so I asked them if I could get a wig instead to offset the cost of changing the resin colour. They said it was fine and they had no problem in doing so. :)
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, via Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? I was surprised as I didn't receive a shipping notice, but she came in today! She was sent out on July 10th (according to the postage) and arrived on July 14th. This is the quickest I have ever received anything via EMS China (usually takes around 5-10 business days), so I am shocked! She arrived 15 business days from the day I received my order confirmation and was shipped in under two weeks!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! She is stunning! The wig is really nice quality as well!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes! :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I already have and would do so again!

12. * What did you order?
      Dark - Proud doll, limited
      * When did you order?
      5th of May 2010
      Depended on the moment, one time very fast, other times I had to wait for over a week or more for a reply.
      Paypal ^^ very easy
      18th of june, a little over a month. Rather fast, since other people who ordered him had to wait a lot longer.
      The quality is amazing, very sweet jointing, pretty faceup, good quality clothes and wig
      Yup ^^ very much alike, only better in real life
      Yup :D
      I guess so :) Though I don't need anything from them now :p
      Depending on the state it's in, I would :)

13. * What did you order?
      A WS Acer and boots. I added a wig and jointed hands to the order a few days later.
      * When did you order?
      August 4, 2010 with a very short layaway due to my credit limit. Payment was finished August 15 (including the added items).
      A little slow at times, but it was very easy to add to my order, and they were very polite, and easy to understand. They replied both on their site, and through email without problems. They also emailed me with shipping confirmation, and the tracking number without being asked.
      Easily enough, through paypal.
      Only 4 days! They shipped my order on August 19th.
      Absolutely! He doesn't have a seam in sight, and everything is in perfect condition, from the bag to his hands.
      Yes.
      Absolutely!
      N/A.
      In a heartbeat.
      Yes.

14. What did you order?
      Spiritdoll Proud Cyathea, NS with faceup

When did you order?
      March 24 on layaway, finished paying May 17 (and that was the day they begun casting).

Pretty slow reply on the forum, guestbook, and email.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy. Sent money through Paypal.

Shipped out on July 4. Arrived July 12.

Pretty good quality. The body is impressively sculpted.

Not really. The lips are painted a lot more faint in real life, and the eyebrows are also painted a lot closer together, and much darker.

Not quite. The head is a different skin tone (looks to be WS) than the body (NS).
      [​IMG]

I didn't notify them of it as I figured it was a long enough wait and that I could live with the flaws (love her despite all of them).

Would you order from this company again?
      I'm leaning towards no for now.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on the condition of the item.

15. * What did you order?
      Normal skin Cycas with face-up and a pair of jeans

* When did you order?
      Finished the lay away on august the 19th

Hit and Miss. At one time it took Spirit over two weeks to confirm a layaway payment. But they always did reply in the end. I also requested to change Cycas from white to normal skin midway through paying off the layaway and they did so happily.

The cc and non cc paypal address comes off as a bit amature, but it isn't difficult to pay.

Almost exactly a month

Yes :) Some quibbles with the face-up but nothing overly negative.

Yes, and better in some ways

Yes

N/A

Yes!

Yes, although I would prefer to get them straight from Spirit :)

16. * What did you order?
      - Blank Yew Head NS
      * When did you order?
      15 November 2010
      - Pretty slow about update order status
      - Easy Via Paypal
      Very fast shipping I think because of my country very near they company ,I don't when they shipping out but it just send to me on 2 week
      - Good quality,Blank head promote and my boy head just same XD
      -Promote pic and my boy head just same ^^
      - Yes
      - -------
      - Maybe if i fall in love this dolls again >w<
      - Maybe ^^

17. * What did you order? Firson (WS w/ faceup), Freesia (WS w/ faceup), Cycas outfit set, pair of 14mm GE-09 eyes, WD108 0W-083 wig, WD106 0W-091 wig & MR-015: Wig Color: OW-098. I also received Herber as a free event gift.
      * When did you order? February 12th, 2011
      * How was the communication? Other than an order confirmation, I received no messages from them.
      * How easy was it to pay? Incredibly easy
      * How long did it take to ship? less than 2 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? most certainly
      * Would you order from this company again? definitely
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes

18. What did you order? Spiritdoll Proud body
      When did you order? April
      How was the communication? At first very poor, I wanted to change my order from Elegance body to Proud and took a while to get back to me, didnt acknowledge the change or the extra money I sent, but on shipping they reassured me about everything.
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paid with Paypal right away and then Paypaled another payment easily.
      How long did it take to ship? Under a month
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Fantastic quality, more than I could imagine
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied

19. What did you order? 2nd version Proud body and Jointed hands.
      When did you order? March 9th, 2011CE
      How was the communication? Sucked. They didn't say anything at all and only acknowledged me when I asked if there was any problem with my paypal payment, and then they only changed my status from "pending" to "paid."
      How easy was it to pay? Very! Paypaled the money and was done.
      How long did it take to ship? I ordered Tatsuha's body on March 9th, and got it April 30th, for a total of 53 days, WAY sooner than I was expecting!
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? DEFINITELY! He's BEAUTIFUL and the optional parts realistic! :lol:
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? The pics don't do this body justice, he's WAY more gorgeous IRL!
      Were you satisfied with the product? EXCEEDINGLY so! :love
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Like I mentioned before, communications sucked. Other than that, I have no problems! :)

Ryu

20. What did you order? Spritdoll Rouge
      When did you order? 6th Feb 2011
      Poor
      How easy was it to pay?
      I was easy to pay but it would be nice to have a link from the checkout
      over 3 months
      The doll is good but the make up I paid for had overspray on the chest stencil and the faceup is not symmetrical. The wig was also incredibly fuzzy and unusable - not nicely curled like in the photos. It was only good for the bin. I managed to clean up the chest, I wiped the face up and redid it and I replaced the wig with a better quality one.
      No. The painted heart was twice the size of the one pictured.The clothing was well made.
      Overall I am happy with the base body but I wouldn't pay for a face up or wig again
      I emailed the company and they said sorry about that. I emailed them back and asked if I could receive some credit back for the poor painting at least and heard nothing back from them since. I also posted on their board and they didn't answer either. I don't think I will deal with them again