1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll 1/4 Smart Mini discussion Part 2

Nov 15, 2014

1. @Epicari So sorry to hear about your bad experience. :( Did you try to cantact them again or do you give up on them entirely?[/QUOTE]

Yes i've contacted them again about it...and it turns out their post box is broken so they couldn't receive the collection notification. Wow...just wow. You would have thought that it was something important to mention when we were discussing their offer me returning the head for a re-do. Or if the post box broke after I posted the head then again they could have told me, as I could have kept an eye on the tracking and let them know when it was at the post office for collection. So yeah, giving up on them and selling the head as don't want to waste any more money and time on it :sigh

2. Does anyone know if the Smart bodies fit into nine9style or TTYA clothes? If not, where do you guys buy clothes for your girls?

3. @Epicari so sorry to hear about all this, what a shame :(

@lucidling I don't currently have my smart girl but used to own both a smart girl and boy body. They are a weird mix between slim msd and msd. Not as slim as minifee though. You sort of have to try things to find what fits. For teeshirts, most regular msd seem to be fine. The shoulders are quite broad but not overly. For bottoms is where I had a problem. Despite being slim, the girl body has pretty wide hips/butt, and I damaged a fair amount of bottoms forcing them on her. I had the most success in just getting her to wear dresses to avoid the problem. The boy body fit bottoms fine for the most part, but both bodies have quite long legs.

4. @astromayhem (,ŏ﹏ŏ) I did initially thought they might've been regular MSD since they're thicker than most slims but ffff to find out they're an in between size is even more difficult kdksosls I need to learn how to sew ;;;;;;

5. Hey guys, I've recently discovered the Smart bodies from SD and plan on hybriding a MNF girl and a Migidoll boy. I've seen a few owner pics of the girl bodies, but hardly any of the boy bodies. Could anyone with a boy body post some owner pics with and without clothing? Thanks so much! ^_^

6. I have a few ttya tops and leggings that I believe were the "unoa" size and they fit my snowdrop quite well. Jeans snap on but they tend to pop open if she sits and they're a little short for my tastes. Leggings fit quite well and I had no issues with the tops or hoodies. :)

7. @haiiroko That sounds super promising! At least leggings fit well without being too short. I've always loved TTYA casual wear. Now, to wait until my Snowdrop gets shipped fffff The wait is excruciating ;;;; u ;;;;

8. My (second) Snowdrop (replacement for one I sold and regretted) just got shipped.

What eyes brand and sizes does everyone use in theirs?
      I have two identical pairs of blue in different sizes, and can't remember what size hers were...

9. My Snowdrop has 12mm eyes, they are just ordinary glass eyes. I now generally use Eyeco or Safrin Doll eyes.

10. I have 12mm custom Ersa Flora eyes in my Snowdrop.

[​IMG]Smile by vicemage, on Flickr

11. I dont exactly remember the brand for mine but one is wearing 12mm glass eyes and one is wearing 12mm Makoeyes

12. Yeah, 12mm seem to be the best with mine too!

I know resin varies by batch, but she feels totally different to my first one (and the male body I also owned from spiritdoll a year later). She's very shiny, even after lots of sealant, and she feels sorta... sticky? Almost? Almost as though she's clammy or something.

I'm hoping I grow to love her, but am worried this texture is gonna put me off.

13. My tan feels very different from my NS. Not in a way that I don't like it but I wonder if they've changed their resin at all. I got both of my NS in the same year and maybe 3 years down got my tan. It's my first tan from them and it definitely has a different feel

14. Hey guys! I tried my best reading through all these comments but there were just so many haha. I was wondering if you guys have ever tried putting mnf full set outfits on your spiritdoll smart body with large bust. I'm thinking of purchasing a mnf full set but with these huge melons I Dont think they will fit.. What brands do you guys typically purchase for your dolls? I like for my dolls to wear dresses so if you guys know of any company that might fit their body I would appreciate it. I'm fairly new in the hobby and I just got my first female msd body

15. hey guys sorry if this isn't the place but do you any of you happen to have a kid delf head you can put on the smart doll body because i'm thinking of making a hybrid but i don't know if it would look right. :chibi

16. Does anyone watch the Spiritdoll facebook page? Because oh man! They just announced sleeping snowdrop heads!!! Im so pumped! I bought a tan snowdrop head when I got Rhys because I wanted to mod it but now I'm going to sell it because I won't have to! I'm getting Remy and Rhys sleeping heads because I gotta!!

17. I hadn't seen that, can you link it? I really hope they're not limited, I love having sleeping options and wish all my dolls could have them!

18. Same here. If they are limited I'm going to be sure to snag a pair. Ughhh I'm so excited! Link is here

19. Thank you for the link! Ugh, I really hope they're not limited, I finally hit the point where I can order the head for one of my other dolls (and a bunch of other stuff since that company doesn't sell just heads) so that's where my current doll budget needs to go right now... Please be basic! :eusa_pray

20. So... um... Not gonna lie. I'm REALLY disappointed with the quality of the blank head. This is not what I was expecting at all. My old photoshop mock up of what a sleeping head would look like looks much better than this.
      [​IMG]