1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. Hello everyone! I'm thinking of buying a Proud girl body for one of my heads that I recently got. Can anyone share with me your feedback on Spiritdoll's body? Do you like it? Does it pose well? Anything you don't like/enjoy?
      Also I'm curious about their skin color, which one do you like more - super resin or normal resin?
      I'm still looking at the color to figure out if the color will match, don't know if they can provide skin color match service? Thank you!!

2. @Livazy The proud girl body is so elegant! I love the way clothing hangs on it, and it can pose in very natural/graceful poses. (She's got an impldoll Delia head, but look at that lovely hand!)

[​IMG]

3. @A Wee Tiefling
      Your girl's beautiful! I really like the body shape of Spiritdoll, and Proud body shape is very similar to the character I want to build my doll into. Thanks for the feedback!!

4. On Monday I received Macian, a Dark LE50 from the original release. I'd seen him in languishing the MP for nearly 2 years before I knew who he was and bought him. I'm amazed at how intricate and well done his mods are. If anyone knows who did the mods, I'd appreciate knowing who that was so I can add that to his info sheet (the seller was not the one who had him modded). I made his eyes Tuesday and his wig today. It's difficult to see in the photo but there are tiny gears and other watch parts in his eyes. I have his bone wings as well but he can't wear them with the clothes he's currently wearing.

[​IMG]Macian by ID Locke, on Flickr

Macian is part of my Divine Worship World where he is a High Priest of Bao-Tien, Goddess of Metalworking & the Forge. Macian was nearly fatally wounded in an accident at the forge which resulted in the way he looks now. His future husband is Linon (MD Asael head), God of Pain & Sorrow.

Macian came together quickly and I'm thrilled with the final result. He's a very accommodating guy, posing easy and quite stable. He'll nee to be a bit patient for Linon as he's just a head at the moment but I'm sure he'll manage.

5. @Iron_Dog, congratulations! It's a difficult mod indeed! And he became so interesting character)))

I'm thinking about Azure Dragon, but I can't get any photo besides promo of their new body, Elite 73 cm. Is anyone see it? The measurements on the site are really strange with comparison to their usual 70-body.

6. Does anyone have Spiritdoll Grace Male body hybrids or could put a few heads on one? I need to see some larger SD heads on that body, and if by some miracle anyone has a Simply Divine Thomas to try, that'd be incredible.

7. Hello.

Bringing this back again Anyone have a match of Spiritdoll Tan and Switch's Mocha Brown? Do they match?

I'm planning of doing a hybrid of Switch Hwayeon and their Proud V2 body

Appreciate the help

8. Hello! I have a curious question... Does anyone here Spiritdoll Grace (jointed torso) male body? If so, could I see if he can pull his knees to his chin? Or any other experience with the mobility of this body?

9. Hello and :bump!

I thought I'd introduce myself since I'm probably going to get a Spiritdoll Elite body for one of my characters. I already have a Proud version 2 (the original version 2), and I really enjoy it, but Tatsuha needs his big brother Yuki to be taller than him, so at 73cm, the Elite body will definitely work. :3nodding:

Anyways, my questions. Has anyone bought a Elite body, and does the Proud male jointed hands work for that body? Or the female hands?

Ryu

10. Hi! I'm thinking of getting a Spiritdoll body to match a Volks head I'm paying down. Does anyone happen to have a relatively recent comparison of the NS skin between Volks and Spiritdoll? I know they have a comparison pic on their site, but since stock photos can be a bit misleading, I thought it wouldn't hurt to source more :3nodding:

11. Ok well I ended up starting the layaway for the Proud v1 body in NS, when it arrives I can post a comparison to the 2019 Volks NS for anyone in a similar position to me earlier this month!

12. Me again, triple posting like a chad. Just ordered a Spiritdoll Holly in WS with the company (boy) faceup. Really excited to have my sickly victorian baby-hippo child in a few months

13. Sorry I haven't been able to help by answering anyone's questions, but just want to say Congrats @Ruinscathedral on your incoming Holly.

@Iron_Dog your Macian is amazing!

14. @mikki Thank you. The details of his mod work is really something. The mods actually continue over the entirety of his head but are hidden by his wig.

15. I got my Elegance body in and it is incredible! One of the top 2-3 engineered bodies I've ever handled! Unfortunately the resin color is not a match, and is very far off from the comparison photos that are on Spiritdoll's website. Thankfully, they color match, so I'm going to be ordering another body after sending in my doll's headcap.
      Which leads me to a question:
      Does anyone have anything in Spiritdoll's SP resin? Would anyone be able to share photos of it compared to other companies' resin? I wasn't super fond of how shiny and opaque their normal resin is (but that can mostly be fixed with sealant if necessary), but I'm worried their SP resin is more translucent than I like, and was hoping to see some pictures!

Edit: also wanted to explicitly state here that Spiritdoll's NS from 2021 is no longer an even remotely close match to Volks' PS Fair. It's darker and more pigmented, and much more peachy than Volks' resin.

#355 Astro, Aug 11, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    16. Is anyone having trouble signing into their website?

17. Yeah, it’s been down off and on for quite some time. They didn’t respond to a direct inquiry that I sent a few weeks ago either, so I think they’ve abandoned their international storefront.

18. You might check with Legend as they carry Spirit dolls.

19. Clover Singing carries them too. You can also just use a Taobao proxy and order directly from them, that’s what I’ve done both times I’ve ordered. It’s cheaper than anywhere else even with fees.

20. I asked Erica at Legend about Spiritdoll and got the following response:

Hello
      Thank you for your email.
      They are just having an English communication problem. There is no other problem.
      You can buy them from our website.
      We will update the loongsoul new doll today.
      Please kindly wait several hours.
      Best regards,
      Erica​