1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. Yeah, it didn't work for me for couple of days either, but I suppose there was just some technical difficulties. :)

2. Thanks, Laelen! I should've gotten a fake apple for her to hold or something....

I'm curious; when was it that Spiritdoll "disappeared?" I remember looking in the waiting room after ordering her (back two years ago)and seeing a lot of anxious people, so the answer to my bad experience may indeed be that I ordered at a bad time. I'm glad to hear that they've turned things around.

The proud body is really tempting, especially with the small bust option. Small boobs always look so cute.:lol:

3. xD I've always been a big fan of the newly sculpted bodies; they fit right into my taste. They have such delicacy and strength in them. As much as I love super beefy, the Herc might be a bit too much for me (I wish he was 70 cm!), but it's still nicely done. I was really glad for the movement into more realistic bodies recently, before the more whimsical shapes came in.

I'm not much of a girl collector, but small breasts are cute and perky lol.

I'm not sure either when they went dark, exactly. I believe it was somewhere around 2 years ago, so it could be then. There's no date to these announcements, but I believe it was during the 2010-2011 period that things were the worst. 2012-2013 seemed to improve slowly.

4. Well this was pretty weird :O spiritdoll sent the package to me, but it stopped it's movement in 3 days and they got the package back. I was told that finnish customs rejected the package and that has -never- happened before o.o and the package never registered to finland either, or not to our systems atleast what we can see. They sent me it again yesterday and gave me new tracking number so I am hoping it comes home this time o.o But that was really odd.

5. oooooh....that must be awful. *_*So close yet so far. That'd make me want to hit something.

6. O__o What a weird situation, Kihaku. I've recent had that happen to a friend, but it wasn't because customs rejected it, it was because the post office in that situation forgot to attach the customs form =____=;;;; So it probably has nothing to do with spiritdoll, especially since you've received packages from them before.

I hope it gets there soon!

7. The bod came home atlast today! :D It came home on the second round and everything was fine! :3 the body poses greatly, I love it! *__* It's just going to take a while to get accustomed to the fact that it's bit less muscular than Yoru's last body and bit more fit, but I don't think that's going to be a problem, even though I love muscles on doll.

I took couple of picturs, but unfortunately my bf had left it on iso1600 and there is no light, so all the pics are grainy. D: But since I love the bod, I'll post one sneakpeak picture even though the quality is unfortunately bad. Oh well.

[​IMG]

And the funny thing in spiritdoll body is that I actually posed it like that in my computer table and moved it to the chest. :D And it stayed just in that position for the whole time I was carrying him..

But i'm really happy he's home! \o/

8. Yay! Congrats, Kihaku! That beefy body looks really naturally posed, I'm quite impressed!

>u< I just got my shipping notice!!! @u@ Spirit actually had sent the doll 3 days ago, so I guess they saved me some angsting by telling me a few days before its due to arrive XDDD.... I'm so excited ~

9. Thank you Laelen ^__^ And I forgot to say that my boy has iplehouse Dexter head now, but I'll be watching what kind of heads does spiritdoll make next. :D But he really needed a new body for himself, I love the poseing of spiritdoll dolls. <3

And oooh! *__* Congrats, I hope you get the doll soon! Go goo~

10. About how long would I be waiting for a tan skin head with no face up?
      I really like the lycoris head I want to order one before the year the year is over. preferably by fall~

11. Hi moonbabe :D I would assume that a head would ship extremely quickly! I ordered a full doll with no face up and he has just arrived, exactly a month after I ordered.

On that note..

WOOOOO CELTIS IS HOME XDDDD I'm going to go post a nice box opening...after I finish frolicking like a madwoman. Kihaku, you really weren't kidding, this body poses like a DREAM. And he has so many locking mechanisms that look natural! Pics soon XD...

12. Yeah, for me how doll poses is one of the main things for me in this hobby, so I'm really happy about spiritdoll : D

Woo! I'll be waiting for pics, Celtis is awsum <3 And I can't wait what kind of faceup you do for him :D It's been bit hard to find spiritdoll boys with different facup than the company's and I know that it changes a lot of the character. So post us some pics when he's finished too. :)

And yea moonbabe, It took only a month for them to send me out herculean body and jointed hands, so I don't think only one head would take longer. Though, tan dolls take bit longer, but I don't think it would take that much longer.

13. I've always had a good experience, strangely, with ordering from Spirit Doll, and aside from a handful of times where it's taken a few days to get back to me about a confirmation, I've only ever had one issue with communications lapsing for a time... And that was because their English speaking representative, Ying, was in the middle of a major move. But aside from that, I've never had any issues.
      Currently, I own three Spirit Dolls - A 2010 LE Dark in grey skin, a white-skinned Thorn, and a white-skinned Firson, though currently I'm considering selling the Firson's head (since his body has been claimed by my Illusion Spirit Cantrira head) and reshelling his character into a Herculean Cedar. I've also got sets of jointed hands (one in grey from the Dark, and two in white) for each body.
      At present, I'm actually getting a second LE Dark from them - the anniversary rerelease of him in white skin - with a set of jointed hands, but I elected to get him with a fixed back this time since I don't use the wings for the character.

Over all, I have to admit, they've been the best company of all that I've dealt with. If people do have trouble getting a hold of them sometimes, I guess I could offer my help in any way possible to try and ease contact? I'm not a representative of the company or anything, just a collector like you all, but I'd be willing to help push the wagon forward so to speak if anyone has a big issue getting responses.

14. My friend just got a proud boy body. And he's just stunning!!

Is the current resin more matte than the old one? Or is it just my imagination? :?

15. Kihaku, your boy is stunning!

I am a Spiritdoll fangirl for years now - most of my bigger dolls are hybrids cause I love their bodies so much. I just noticed that they have changed their resin color quiet a bit in recent months. The WS is far more white than before - all my old WS bodies were more a very light NS. The NS is more deep now, much darker. Which I regret a bit since I really loved the old color.
      What I recently saw is that my older WS bodies yellowed alot, almost like the old Narin doll french resin. The NS stayed almost the same. I do not hid my dolls in closets, I display them openly cause I like to look at them. But this rather extreme yellowing is kind of annoying. I hope it will work better with the new WS.

16. ^u^ I just posted my box opening ~ <3

I'm so happy XD he's hoooooome ~

MCPO, I think that spiritdoll is fine now for communication :D But that's very kind of you! There haven't been any recent problems that I've heard about. We were only discussing their history as a company in general, since it seems not that many people drop in here to chat XD Gosh, your collection sounds really wonderful TTATT If you ask me, there are way too few pictures of spiritdolls! Could you please post pictures of your lovelies? *U* Pretty please? I really loooooved Dark when he came out, because he kinda debuted the V2 body in that beautiful grey skin, and had those really nicely done bony wings too *A* <3333333333333

fakeguru, I have no idea how shiny/matte their old resin was, but my boy's resin is a very beautiful matte.

Ashemanu, Wow I didn't know that their resin colours were changing. I thought they were generally done to match VOLKS tones. What I do know though is that you can order custom colours with them, so if there's any particular shade you'd like, you can have them do it for a price ^u^

17. Laelen, your boy looks perfect :) It´s wonderful to see more of Celtis here! I ordered his head once for a friend and was impressed with it :)

I looked at my WS girls yesterday a little closer while changing their clothes. Ok, they have yellowed, but not as much as I thought originally - must have been the light or my bad sight or whatever. Those bodies are almost four years old - so it could be worse, I suppose.
      Hmm, Volks tones? A few days ago I got an Another Secret Drizzle head in NS, which is supposed to match Volks, if I recall right. It´s much more yellow than my last NS Spiritdoll body. Nevertheless I ordered him an Elegance body in NS! I have a wonderful face up artist who can blush the head to make it match ^^

fakeguru
      , the old resin isn´t shiny at all ... at least not with my dolls.

18. ;U; Thank you Ashe!

Hmmm D: I guess their photos are a bit dated then! I am so surprised that he's not at all popular on the forums, considering the first bit of this thread is all Celtis love XD.. I definitely think spiritdoll's head sculpts need more attention than they get. I thought they had a comparison pic up on their site that pretty much put them par with VOLKS tones. I have no idea XDDDD...Resin matching or hybriding anything is generally a headache to me, I try to avoid it where possible. I just don't always have the strength for it >___<;;; It is really hard to keep up with the companies!

19. Hi folks:)...thought I'd drop in. And hopefully I'll be a new Spiritdoll owner. I've been a fan for a while and heavily considering a Spiritdoll body because I want a shorter boy for my Switch head. Anywho...I've been looking around the forum and found some answers but have 2 I'd like to ask if anyone can help.

Can the Elegance boy body easily pull off relaxed poses, slouching, sitting crossed legged (lotus style) and such or is it a bit more stiff? Second question, does anyone have a 2013 NS Switch head and NS 2013 Spiritdoll body or head? I'm just looking for a resin match so no swappydo needed...but would you consider them a close enough match without having to blush one to match the other? I've seen the older posts about the match being okay but would rather get an updated opinion since the resin batches/matches will vary over time. I think the last thing I saw was from s couple years ago. :) Thanks

20. Hi guys! I bought my Spiritdoll Lemongrass last November. I have to say - I had some rough patches when dealing with them (specifically, I payed in the wrong currency and they canceled the payment without sending any sort of message or contacting me. I had to hound them down myself, but after I contacted them they were pretty prompt, so) but I would still buy from them again. My Lemongrass has, honestly, the nicest body I have handled that I can recall, and I have handled quite a few dolls in my time. He also poses very nicely, and was a lot prettier than the company face-up photo might lead you to believe.

I think that a lot of the other dolls Spiritdoll has - like the Proud line, especially Celtis - are gorgeous, but I probably won't ever buy any of them. I really love my small dolls.

If anyone has any questions about the Innocent bodies, I would be happy to help out! No one else has brought them up, so I figured I may as well offer...