1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Story Of Seventh Day Discussion

Jan 1, 2021

1. I could not find a thread for this awesome maker so I made one. I'm waffling on whether to get Horus from Bjdivas with their good layaways but leaning towards it. Is anyone else considering or has anyone taken the plunge already?

2. I'm glad he's offered through BJDivas. Much more tempting and much more feasible hehe.

3. I'm in a split order, BJDivas assists with those. :3

4. What parts will you be getting? And what are your plans for them? I read on the makers site that with the exception of heads that most of Horus parts don't hybrid well because his rather unique measurements.

5. I'll get the body, maybe an extra pair of hands on top. A friend of mine is interested in the head. If we dont find people for everything BJDivas is trying to fit in other people. :3
      Yeah, he has especially broad shoulders. For the head he's mostly 5-7mm off of the normal neck circumference. Should be able to make that fit. He either gets a Ringdoll or Loongsoul doll head. With some nice coloring in the Face up the skin tones shouldnt be much of a problem. Right now I am just planning a normal nice black suit for him. It should look nice with those shoulders. I have the bonus of my grandma being a seamstress, and helping me. Don't have to worry about finding fitting outfits. ^^ I'll see where he goes, I prefer to make that up when I have the doll here and a feeling for him.

6. OMG, if I could just get the Horus head to fit another body I'd be all over it. It's beyond gorgeous! <3 Only...I don't like the sort of derpy human head, which doesn't really seem to fit, to me, at least. Want, but just can't justify. I hope someone gets him...I would so love to admire!!

7. The human head isn't my taste either. I think it's the lips, at least for me :/

8. Definitely the lips. :sweat

9. The human head definitely had a weird version of duck face going on. I think with a good face up it can be minimized though.

10. I think you're right. Would so love to see him with a better faceup!

11. I'm also in a split right now, grabbing the human head (I agree he's a bit strange, but I really like the way the artist painted him). I love the idea, but I can't handle bjd over 65cm so I'm hoping to find a shorter body that will be a good match for him. Impldoll or Granado maybe? I know he's supposed to match Soom, but idk how hard it'll be to find a dark brown shorter Soom body at a decent price.

12. The neck is going to be the concern. The Horus head has a neck circumference of 12cm. I don't know of a smaller body with that thick of a neck off the top of my head.

13. As far as I know from checking iplehouse has 12 cm too. :3

14. I just put a full Horus on a massive layaway with BJDivas. Bit the bullet and got him, I'd rather snag this boy than long after yet another grail.

15. that was my feeling as well, like i'd be hating myself for passing him up when i can't stop looking at the photos.
      plus a lot of my doll "story" is about gods, demi-gods & similar so Horus is a shoo in. i can't wait to see him in person, and i know i'm going to need help with posing since i'm pretty new at all this, and his engineering is really complex. :lol:

16. I'm also looking forward to examining his body and it's engineering, and seeing just what kind of poses he can hit.

17. I had been so happy to see each update from the artist via Instagram! Superrrrr excited now the doll is finally selling!!!! Most excited to have the super cool body :chibi

18. Big congrats @PennyForTheGuy! I envy you the Horus head so much - and that body looks like it has enormous potential. He's going to be amazing!! I hope you'll post a few pics when he finally arrives. :thumbup

Edit: Oh, totally missed that you got him, too, @Grimalkin! Congrats! The more of these guys the better. I can't wait to see what everyone does with him! :D

#18 celga, Jan 3, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    19. Oh I plan on doing a box opening and spamming pics in here too! I've got an insta he'll be all over to.

#19 PennyForTheGuy, Jan 3, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    20. @PennyForTheGuy - what colour resin did you choose?
      i wound up with the dark brown, as i slid into the pre-order at the very last moment, but i'm glad for it now, after seeing the finished one. the pearl is pretty amazing too though...