1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange things and habits you associate with BJDs?

Sep 19, 2021

1. Sounds, colours, smells, foods even? I expect there'll be obvious ones like resin smell and the feeling of the doll's material. For me, it's the song "Voracity" by Myth & Roid. Also, hot chocolate.

It's become a habit of mine to wake up early in quarantine and go through Facebook, DOA, /jp/'s doll general, and doll websites with a mug of hot chocolate, my elderly teddy bear cuddled up to me and that song playing. I'm autistic, so I tend to pick a song and replay it for hours at a time.

Nothing better to do in lockdown, I guess! And it's totally fixed my sleep schedule.

2. Perhaps for me it is just seeing clothing in the stores or online and thinking, man I wish I could have that in doll size.

3. I associate St. Louis, the city, with dolls because I went to my first and only BJD Con there! I can't drive through without thinking about that con and all the fun I had. Opry Mills Mall in Nashville does too because that's where I went to my first doll meet.

I associate certain songs with certain groups of dolls because I roleplay my doll characters online with my sister and a friend and sometimes a song will be important to the RP. Those stick with me.

Same! Though it goes both ways, I'd like some of my dolls' outfits for myself too!

4. Yes! I need a magic "shrinky expando ray". Make the people sized stuff fit dolls, and make the doll stuff fit me. :)

5. Money. Just that.

6. If I pass by a place where the lighting is just right, sometimes I think "oh it would be nice to take photos of my dolls here." But otherwise, I guess I associate fall with them. I tend to take them out in the fall for photos. But I also associate fall with comfort and Halloween so take that with a grain of salt haha!

7. There are two parks I associate with dolls, because they're where I would host my annual spring picnic (two, because we moved and had to find one closer to us lol). I also associate a Chinese buffet with them cause I'd host meets there a lot, too.

I associate the Japanese band, Buck-Tick, with dolls because I have a Minimee of the vocalist and that doll is how I met one of my best friends (she saw him on here and messaged me).

A lot of times when I see small toys/furniture in stores I'll wonder if they'd work for any of my dolls. Usually not, though, because I have mostly big boys lmao.

I also associate Christmas with them, because we try to do a family Christmas photo with all of the dolls in the house (which is a lot lol). Have missed some years, though still associate the holiday with dolls.

And, finally, I associate some friends with certain dolls of mine cause they have their favorites lol

8. I actually made a database of human clothing I want in doll size. I used airtable to do it, with different sections for different types of clothing. It's organised by length, colour, style, brand, and whether I own it yet, and I'm thinking of adding a year column as well.

9. Gothic horror movies and icons. My introduction to BJDs was Evangeline Ghastly, who's very Elvira and Morticia Addams-esque. Now I associate all similar Gothic media/icons with BJDs.

Also, Alice in Wonderland. BJDs capture the same reality-bending artistic surrealism that AiW has, so I really associate it with dolls.

(I do also associate the Queen's Gambit with BJDs, but that's just because I really want a doll that looks like the main character, Beth, so it hardly counts lol.)

#9 mohnblumendolls, Sep 20, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    10. Wheelchairs make me think of Vish and his facemask
      Clothing definitely makes me think of how cute my dolls would be in them
      Same thing with bedroom sets I always picture them in a diorama
      Also when I'm winding down to bed since usually that's when my mind does the mos realistic and unrealistict doll related planning

11. I've come to associate Terri's Christmas chocolate oranges with Leon, my Puki Puki Pukisha as a did a photo story of him unwrapping one several years ago. And I now associate one of my Real Puki with the music of Alison Krause and Union Station, since I've listened to the two albums I have of that music many times while working on her still in progress dollhouse. My doll is a tiny Halloween obsessed witch, so the association with Blue Grass/Country music is pretty funny.

12. I used to associate packages in the mail with dolls. And I still feel a little bit excited to see a new cardboard box even if it’s the groceries.