1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggles that you've had with your doll?

Jul 19, 2016

1. This is exactly my problem too! Floating heads everywhere, most of them unfortunately unpainted (4/6 ugh) because I'm terrible and need to buy more bodies. I'm so picky about body shape though, which I know is stupid because all the outfits I have picked out have long sleeves! The only part of the body that shows will be the hands!

2. Aidan: I want more clothes! And shoes! And wigs! And stuff!
      Me: Shut up, you just got more stuff!
      Aidan: *that LOOK*
      Me: *sigh* Ok, ok, what do you want?
      Aidan: Well, now that we know I can wear Iplehouse - how about at least a quarter of the girl outfits they got in stock?

My diva in a nutshell. XD

3. I've had posing struggles... like some dolls just do not want to stand no matter what. It's frustrating when one doll, fresh out of the box, stands so perfectly well and another, which was twice as expensive, flops around like an idiot haha....
      I also dislike restringing cause at the end it gets so hard to do I can't do it well without help.

Bonding is a thing too... I'll have phases when I am all about my dolls and I shop for new clothes and get excited and give them all my love and such, but then there's always times... months even... where I don't handle them at all and when money problems arise I even think of selling them cause at that time I am not that attached anyways. So that doesn't help my bond. But when I get into a BJD mood again and dress my dolls or tend to them, I feel I can't just let go of them at all cause I really love them! Boohoo!

4. This, this THISSS. I can never get my dolls looking good, smh. I always bring in another doll and then have other dolls looking disastrous :x

5. Finding the time has been a great struggle for me. There are tons of things I want to do, sew, face-ups, pictures, modding.., the list goes on and on, but the time I have to do those things is limited. The priorities of being an adult with great responsibilities is time consuming.
      One of my greatest struggles right now for the time being is disappointment with the purchase of a very expensive doll that has way too many flaws for the price. I don't mean just stringing, posing and seam lines, but mold problems.., like half of my dolls head has thicker resin than the other side, so one part is protruding while the other is receding. I'm also new to the hobby so I wish I knew better about which company to stay away from, because there isn't much I can do about resin uniformity, no matter how much I try to mod the problem. For such expensive dolls you would think these companies had better quality control.

6. I really want to buy my dolls nice clothes and accessories. But instead I spend all my savings on the new doll. I waited almost a year to buy Avian the eyes and string he needed because after I got him, I started saving for the next doll.

7. This is exactly what I do!!! I'm saving up for my next doll and ignoring my other doll priorities :vein

8. Buying too much fabric and finding places to store the extra.

9. My current struggle is, as many other's, money related. I have a boy I soo badly want to buy, but I don't have the funds. I have calculated that I will have saved up enough money for him in January 2017, but by then he will most probably have been sold out. It's a painful thought.

Now I had almost come to terms with the fact that I would most likely never get this boy when a relative all of a sudden said "why don't you borrow money from me?" And now I'm very confused, it feels like a wonderful opportunity, but in the same time I feel like a spoiled brat and I also am afraid of being indebted to someone. Even if it is a relative.

*Angst angst angst*

10. I never fully bonded with my first BJD; the character and the style she had didn't match her sculpt and so I ended up selling her.
      Also I've had trouble with clothes. I usually don't worry about prices but it's hard to find something professional looking in a certain style sometimes.

11. I don't think you'd be a spoiled brat if someone offered!! Now, I do understand the indebted part. I think it all just depends if your boy is limited or not. :3 anyways, I hope you can get your hands on him soon! Good luck!

12. I'm planning on selling my boy for that very reason... The sculpt never worked for his character.

13. I'd say that's a pretty wise instinct... Getting into debt for something necessary isn't bad. Without loans, most of us wouldn't be able to swing houses or cars. (Or University tuition these days. Yeesh!) But getting into debt for something like a doll? That's a different story. It's worth thinking over.

14. Shoes are a struggle for me. 80% of my dolls are barefoot. I either can't find shoes that fit and are the right style (*glares at MNF Moe body*), or the shoe is okay, but I don't want to pay their crazy prices to bring them home. Maybe I should learn to make my own shoes, I don't know.

For my face ups, I struggle with lower eyelashes. Or any lashes on a sleeping head. *glares again at MNF*

I'll join the chorus about the money struggle. Why does it all have to cost so much?! :...(

15. My current dolls are based on characters of mine from an in-progress novel, which takes place in 1931 Chicago. Clothes are a constant, never-ending struggle. Even with my non-period dolls, I always seem to fall for oddly sized dolls that don't fit in "normal" clothing. I've actually ended up selling dolls because I got too frustrated with trying to find clothing for them.

Also, props. There are so few 1:3 scale props that are both affordable and period appropriate. Why couldn't I have gotten into 1:6 scale dolls instead? Everything comes in that scale! Maybe someday, I'll find and be able to afford appropriate salesman samples...

16. Getting them finished! Almost none of them have a face-up, wig, and eyes I'm happy with. And the majority are blank, as I haven't had the time or motivation to paint them. It takes a while as I'm new at it.

And then there's my second doll. She's small and cute, but is driving me crazy. Her head is small enough to be out of scale with the others, her tiny wig will NOT stay on her head, and I just can't quite come up with a character for her I can connect with. I think she's going to have to go, and I'll give her name to another doll who will fit in better.

17. I feel ya! I struggle with finishing my boy :(

18. I have a little 21 cm doll. The 1/6 clothes are to big and the1/9 are to small. Finding clothes for her has been a nightmare. But since I seem to be good at ball gowns that seems to back all she wears.:sorry

19. I have issues with making sure they don't get stained or something breaks... Also to find clothing & especially shoes that fit my boys correctly!!