1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggested body for Volks SD13 pureskin boy head?

Dec 25, 2005

1. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or not, and I'm sure this topic has been covered by somebody, somewhere, probably numerous times... so *please* forgive my ignorance (or direct me to where this info *can* be found).

I recently bought a Volks Heath head from Mia ("Noah Von Karas" customized by Workshop Karas, featured in Haute Doll Feb. '06, pg. 85). He is my ninth doll, but the first Volks doll I've ever owned, as well as the first head I've ever bought seperately. I'd like to find him a Heath body or other SD13 pureskin boy body (preferrably long-legged), but so far I haven't had any luck. So I'm thinking about getting a different brand of body instead, at least temporarily, but I have no idea which ones match Volks pureskin.

I've been told that Souldoll bodies might work, but they don't seem to have any bodies seperately for sale right now. (Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?). Can anybody tell me what other brands might work with a Volks pureskin head that are readily available for sale seperately? Noah and I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2. I think Souldoll never sold bodies separately... I can't really think of any suggestions, almost no companies sell just bodies. Well.. there is iplehouse but I have no idea what the neck size is and the color is lighter than Volks. Color wise pureskin is hard to match. Dollmore resin is lighter. Hypermaniac is hard to find. Happydoll would probably match in color but I think the head might look too small (?)

Have you considered buying Syo or Link and selling the head? That's what I resorted to doing when I needed a body. It ended up costing me around 520$ for the body which is an alright price I think (I think old skin bodies go for 450$?)

You can also try Y!J, here is a direct link to SD13 boy bodies. Right now they don't have much either but just a couple of weeks ago a lot more bodies were up.

You can also try splitting an FCS order with someone.. I guess the downside is the 1 month (right now it's a 3 month?) wait...

That was not very helpful, was it? ^_^;;;
      I just don't think there are any other alternatives...

3. Umm, I'm not sure how different oldskin and pureskin are (I am a TOTAL idiot when it comes to Volks), but my oldskin F08 head is a perfect match to my old (before the pinky tone) CP body. Though... It's hard to get those bodies anymore. And I dunno the difference in oldskin/pureskin. So. I may have just gave you useless info. But there's my $.02. ^___^

4. Congrats on your Heath. ^^

I've found that Y!J is a great way to find bodies, they can end in pretty good prices too! If you want to split a FCS order, I'm sure you'll have luck finding someone to go in with you.

If you're set on a longskin body and are going to go in FCS, you could get an oldskin body to tide you over while you wait? Oldskin matches pretty well, good enough at least. (oldskin Volks bodies I mean) ^^

Oh, I think CH matches okay, I think there's a Custom House boy body in the marketplace somewhere you could look into? I'm not sure Souldoll resin matches. O.O

Just be careful with settling with bodies. (O_O) I did that, I lost a little money. x3

5. Thank you, everybody, for your wonderful suggestions, they were very helpful! :)

That Souldoll body must have been posted after I looked through the DoA Marketplace Sunday night, so I may give that a try. I also looked for the CH body, but all I could find were complete dolls (I didn't go past page 5, however).

If the Soulddoll body doesn't work out I may just settle for an HD body. Although, I did try Heath's head on my Arthur's body, but the neck is just a tad too big and the head kind of sits a bit high for my taste (it doesn't look out of proportion, though). The resin isn't the greatest match either, but my Arthur is over a year old so HD may've changed the color/texture by now.

I did think about splitting an FCS or selling the head of a standard SD13 doll like Link or Syo, but I don't think I'd have the heart to sell part of a doll once it arrived -- I'd rather just keep the head and have a *whole* new doll... then end up right back where I started, LOL!

I know I could probably find a body on Y!J, but unfortunately I'm too intimitated to bid there, LOL! And I wish I'd known that oldskin matches pureskin pretty good because there was an oldskin SD13 body on eBay recently, but I didn't bid on it because it was oldskin. :/ I might also consider a CP body, although that's really a bit smaller than I wanted.

6. CP and CustomHouse resin probably won't match the skintone very well. ^^;

7. Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the CP bodies. I have a BW Elf Shiwoo, but I don't have any normal skin CP dolls for comparison. And I don't have any CH dolls at all. Thanks for the advice! :)

8. I was going to ask the same question here as I recently got a Yukinojo head...

Does anyone have any photos of an actual Happy Doll body with a Pure Skin Volks head? Thanks. ^-^

9. Hi, sorry to bump an old topic, but it seems like there aren't really any definitive answers here. Does anyone know how an SD13 pureskin head would look on a Happydoll, Iplehouse, or other alternative bodies? I've seen one on a souldoll body, and one on a CP body, but I'd really like to hear about any other possible hybrids.

10. just a suggestion, I heard dollmore is a good resin match to pureskin. It was a very good match to the oldskin I had but was very very slightly paler and pinkier, so should be exact to pureskin? anyone know?

11. I ended up getting a Souldoll Paris body for my pureskin Heath head. However, I did have the head on my Happydoll Arthur's body for a while so I could decide if I wanted to go that route instead. The Happydoll body would work okay, but I think the Souldoll body was the better choice, especially as far as resin matching. The resin of the HD body is a bit lighter than Volks pureskin, but it's not *that* noticeable unless you're using strong lighting. Another thing that I noticed was that the HD neck is slightly too big for the opening in the Heath head so the head sat higher up on the neck than it normally should, but not to the point of it looking abnormal. It just made him look like he had a longer neck, similar to Dollshe boys. I hope to get some comparison pics of Heath's head on various bodies pretty soon. I'll make an announcement on this thread when I do. :)

12. I don't have a pureskin anything, but I do have a souldoll body, which is apparently extremley similar to Volks pureskin, and I can safely say that CP resin is COMPLETLEY different to this colour of resin. I'd really advise getting a CP Body for your Heath, because it just wont go. Souldoll resin is close to Volks - it has that yellowish tint to it, whereas CP is almost Barbie pink. CP BW is too milk aswell.
      I had trouble trying to find both a Volks pureskin body or a Souldoll body on the marketplace - they rarely come up. I was just lucky enough the girl who was selling the doll was willing to split him and let me buy the souldoll body.
      You're best bet is definatley Y!J, you get quite a number of pureskin bodies on there ^^. Good luck!

13. Yeah, I tried for 2-3 months but was unable to get a Heath/SD13 boy body. So when I saw a Souldoll Paris body up for auction I jumped on it, LOL. XD

I plan to get pics of Heath's head on:
      1) his current Souldoll Paris body
      2) Dollshe normal skin body
      3) Happydoll Arthur body

14. Ps. The IH body even in Normal skin is a lot lighter than Volks Pureskin~ Too bad you aren't looking for a Long Legged SD13 body, I was thinking of selling one soonish kinda ;p

15. PM'ed ya', Tammie! :)

16. What about Soom bodies??? I also have a pureskin - F16 - head coming soon. I was wondering the same thing, what other bodies he might be compatible with. I'm not so picky about perfect resin matching unless it's WAY off. The Soul Doll bodies look nice though.

17. I'm not sure about the Soom bodies since I don't own any Soom dolls myself. Souldoll is a good match as far as resin color, but if you're looking for something closer in size to the SD16 body you might consider a Happydoll body instead.

18. Bumping. Any conclusive results on whether Soom doll or Dollmore doll bodies match? I also wondered about Domuya bodies, but the neck seems a bit small...

19. I think I will try Domuya body, I asked them about this and they said it would fit ^^