Summerbird Mini Discussion - Viola

Oct 19, 2017

1. She was just deemed on-topic for DoA, so here is a discussion thread for Viola and any other future dolls I make in this scale :)

Viola has a curvy, voluptuous body shape, but fits in well with slim mini scale dolls. Her headback system is compatible with Unoa 1.5 faceplates as well.

[​IMG]

Some links that might be helpful:
      Viola Measurement Info & Clothing Guide
      Viola Hybrid Compatibility

2. I ADORE her body and face so much! I really want to order one because she's SUCH a cutie and I have a really good idea of the character I'd shell for her.

3. She is so pretty! I've been following the making of Viola on Instagram and I can't wait to save enough money to order her! :D

4. It's so exciting to see a beautiful, curvy doll! I personally haven't seen a curvy doll made as well as Viola. She has the perfect proportions and a super sweet face. :love

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have enough money to purchase her during her 2018 preorder. :eusa_pray

5. I’m so excited for Viola!! I just missed her first preorder by a day or two, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about her ever since! I’m currently working on a layaway for another doll, but I should be done with him by the time the new year rolls around. I seriously cannot wait for her next availability aaah! I hope she ships soon, I’m starving for owner photos!! Specifically if anyone gives her a stronger faceup. ohhh I can’t wait to do one for mine!

6. I've been following Viola's process on YouTube and on Instagram. She's a beautiful sculpt! I love her curves, and that sweet face. The chest pieces are nice, too, for when you want either a busty, voluptuous vixen or a cute, curvy little guy (the add on private parts are a nice bonus). I'd really love to own one myself!

7. Can’t wait to get mine. Just wish I had ordered her in tan.

8. I ordered just her head this time but i hope i can get a full doll at some point. It's so nice to see a doll that has a body like mine!

9. I can’t wait for my girl either! I’ve sort of gotten a bit bored with my dolls and with BJD in general and I know this gorgeous girl is gonna reignite my love!

10. You and me both. I feel like I’m going through the motions at this point.

11. Me too! :sigh And I feel like I’m in a BJD ground hog day buying the same dolls, clothes etc over and over. And Viola is 100% gonna change it up!

12. I think Viola will help. All I’ve bought are unoa and well... as much as I love them, I need something new. Viola will be a challenge and I think she’ll be fun to paint and hopefully photograph . I feel like my photos are just meh now. I think she’ll bring back that spark.

13. I may have a character who needs this body. She's too cute! And her proportions are realistic enough to fit in with my crew. <3

14. Couldn’t agree more! I don’t think your photos are boring but totally relate to that feeling. Yay for Viola :D

15. I regret so much that I missed her pre-order :...(
      It was only by a few hours, as I didn't think they would sell out so fast. I wanted her so badly, I even got a bunch of clothes and items in anticipation of purchasing her, my heart aches knowing i'll have to wait till next years pre-order to try and get another chance. But if there's one thing this hobby has taught me, its patience. Hopefully January will be in full swing soon. :eusa_pray

16. She's so lovely! She's definitely on my wish list now. :D Congratulations to everyone who was able to order her!

17. I started following her because I was looking up doll mod videos, then she started posting videos creating her own bjd. I have been following her ever since and HAD to have her creation as one of my first resin BJDs. I never really found any that really grabbed my eye creatively. I have her coming in chocolate and I am beyond excited! I have so many ideas for her character I will be creating. I look forward to making custom,clothes and shoes for her, as well doing my doll photography.

18. Been drooling over Viola since I saw her progress photos and I am SO HAPPY to see the love the sculpt has received. :love She's on my wishlist, for sure. <3 Can't wait to see owner photos!

19. I've been watching the vids related to the making of Viola and am super glad I'll finally be able to get a doll to shell my character. I didn't even realize the pre-order was happening when it was so I missed it by like a week haha. Oh well ill get the next pre-order. I hope she'll offer both pairs of hands next time, because I want them both and more if there are more made.

20. I'm very much looking forward to the next preorder. I hope the male version will still be available.