1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Summerbird Mini Discussion - Viola

Oct 19, 2017

1. She was just deemed on-topic for DoA, so here is a discussion thread for Viola and any other future dolls I make in this scale :)

Viola has a curvy, voluptuous body shape, but fits in well with slim mini scale dolls. Her headback system is compatible with Unoa 1.5 faceplates as well.

[​IMG]

Some links that might be helpful:
      Viola Measurement Info & Clothing Guide
      Viola Hybrid Compatibility

2. I ADORE her body and face so much! I really want to order one because she's SUCH a cutie and I have a really good idea of the character I'd shell for her.

3. She is so pretty! I've been following the making of Viola on Instagram and I can't wait to save enough money to order her! :D

4. It's so exciting to see a beautiful, curvy doll! I personally haven't seen a curvy doll made as well as Viola. She has the perfect proportions and a super sweet face. :love

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have enough money to purchase her during her 2018 preorder. :eusa_pray

5. I’m so excited for Viola!! I just missed her first preorder by a day or two, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about her ever since! I’m currently working on a layaway for another doll, but I should be done with him by the time the new year rolls around. I seriously cannot wait for her next availability aaah! I hope she ships soon, I’m starving for owner photos!! Specifically if anyone gives her a stronger faceup. ohhh I can’t wait to do one for mine!

6. I've been following Viola's process on YouTube and on Instagram. She's a beautiful sculpt! I love her curves, and that sweet face. The chest pieces are nice, too, for when you want either a busty, voluptuous vixen or a cute, curvy little guy (the add on private parts are a nice bonus). I'd really love to own one myself!

7. Can’t wait to get mine. Just wish I had ordered her in tan.

8. I ordered just her head this time but i hope i can get a full doll at some point. It's so nice to see a doll that has a body like mine!

9. I can’t wait for my girl either! I’ve sort of gotten a bit bored with my dolls and with BJD in general and I know this gorgeous girl is gonna reignite my love!

10. You and me both. I feel like I’m going through the motions at this point.

11. Me too! :sigh And I feel like I’m in a BJD ground hog day buying the same dolls, clothes etc over and over. And Viola is 100% gonna change it up!

12. I think Viola will help. All I’ve bought are unoa and well... as much as I love them, I need something new. Viola will be a challenge and I think she’ll be fun to paint and hopefully photograph . I feel like my photos are just meh now. I think she’ll bring back that spark.

13. I may have a character who needs this body. She's too cute! And her proportions are realistic enough to fit in with my crew. <3

14. Couldn’t agree more! I don’t think your photos are boring but totally relate to that feeling. Yay for Viola :D

15. I regret so much that I missed her pre-order :...(
      It was only by a few hours, as I didn't think they would sell out so fast. I wanted her so badly, I even got a bunch of clothes and items in anticipation of purchasing her, my heart aches knowing i'll have to wait till next years pre-order to try and get another chance. But if there's one thing this hobby has taught me, its patience. Hopefully January will be in full swing soon. :eusa_pray

16. She's so lovely! She's definitely on my wish list now. :D Congratulations to everyone who was able to order her!

17. I started following her because I was looking up doll mod videos, then she started posting videos creating her own bjd. I have been following her ever since and HAD to have her creation as one of my first resin BJDs. I never really found any that really grabbed my eye creatively. I have her coming in chocolate and I am beyond excited! I have so many ideas for her character I will be creating. I look forward to making custom,clothes and shoes for her, as well doing my doll photography.

18. Been drooling over Viola since I saw her progress photos and I am SO HAPPY to see the love the sculpt has received. :love She's on my wishlist, for sure. <3 Can't wait to see owner photos!

19. I've been watching the vids related to the making of Viola and am super glad I'll finally be able to get a doll to shell my character. I didn't even realize the pre-order was happening when it was so I missed it by like a week haha. Oh well ill get the next pre-order. I hope she'll offer both pairs of hands next time, because I want them both and more if there are more made.

20. I'm very much looking forward to the next preorder. I hope the male version will still be available.