1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Senior Delf Cane and Flood discussion

May 27, 2008

1. I was wondering about that too. I really like these boys and the body is fabulous (it slouches :D) but wish they werents so tall. :sweat

2. Just got my SSDF Cane --- he's got no faceup yet, but man I absolutely love him!!! His face is the right amount of mature and yet sweet. His body is just TDF!!! He's standing on his own here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Hound
      [​IMG]

With a Senior Delf (Vincent Valentine head on SDF Abadon's body)
      [​IMG]

3. marilyn>> wow, tall doll is tall!!! o_o!! i hadn't thought that the SSDF would be taller than a dollshe.

since you've got a minimee head as well...i figure i'd ask. i've got a sephiroth minimee that i think would suit the size/height of this body, but i'm not sure as to the match or neck-size.

if it's not to much trouble, could you give me your opinion on whether that would work? *__*

4. Oh wow - Cane looks really intriguing, it's great to see him blank. o.o He has such neat eyes! Thanks so much for the GORGEOUS pictures. <3

5. OMG Kiradyn --- what a great idea -- I didn't even think of it. My Vincent Valentine Minimee head has just found his perfect body!!!! Pics to come soon.

I also tried it with my JD head -- strangely it doesn't work quite as well. I'm thinking that the DIM Minimee resin and head shape has changed a bit? It's a good fit and good proportion but the JD head is a bit yellower. Probably not enough to make a big difference once it has a faceup.

6. OK -- Here's my Vincent Valentine DIM Minimee head on the SSDF body. (Vinnie's faceup by SDink). I think my boy has found his bod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with the DIM Minimee JD head (at least I think that's what this is -- maybe it's a Brad Pitt -- I don't know for sure LOLLL)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. *sigh* the prices have gone up now :( I just couldnt afford one then, and itll still be a while but... still sad i missed out! I just know i want a flood (why are all the dolls im craving so big? O_o i have practically no space :doh)

8. I recently got my flood... >.> I have slight annoyances with the body but nothing I won't get used to. It's a pain that you can turn the hands without accidentally pulling them off. you have to turn them at the wrist ball. He stands sometimes, but is easier to stand without shoes on. Hip joint is a little poppy.... but overall it's a great body. Just throwing my opinions in there as a new owner of one of these boys

9. Marilyn in NY: Congrats! Cane looks gorgeous! I've been waiting for owner pictures of this boy. Hopefully I'll see more of him soon? :aheartbea BTW- Vincent looks really good on the SSDF body. :)

10. the neck looks quite long, but still proportion wise it looks good!

i'm certainly waiting for the white skin, sold separately version =3

11. :owhoa-dang! He is Masculinity to the core with that thicker midsection. Thanks for the comparison! :lol:

12. I love the bodies, they are so real looking and they are GIANT! but I really dislike the faces.... I really want a DOI crush head on the SSD body! Lol, I want my cake and to eat it too! hahaha

13. marilyn>> cool!!! i think if the neck was sanded down just a bit, or the head's neck hole modded a little bit larger to sit lower, it'd be PERFECT!! *v*

thanks so much!! ^^

14. mmm, cake... I mean, muscles.. lol

15. :loveLUV that body he is HOT!! I had no idea he would be taller than Hound:o

16. I wasn't sold on them at first either, but after custom faceups I really love my two. I first received the event head, long before the bodies started arriving in the US. He was sent to Buff for a faceup and I asked that he bear a family resemblance to Senior Delf Annette. Buff did a great job making that happen, and I was able to use him on my Dollmore model body without any modifications:

[​IMG]

Then I saw Flood for sale, right here on DoA, with an absolutely amazing faceup by Lyn Raftis. I had to put him on layaway, but he was so worth the wait. This guy's body is wonderful, and Lyn's perfectly balanced blushing job shows it to great advantage.

But oh my, is he BIG. Out of all the Hound-sized pants I own (and I have some from several manufacturers) only two pair fit him in the waist. Most Hound-sized shirts will work, but the slimmer cut ones stretch quite a bit over those broad, broad shoulders and chest.

He is also very heavy. I keep wondering how much weight will be too much to be supported by a series of elastic strings and ball joints, but actually he is a great poser. His feet are huge, but they need to be to support him adequately, so he stands well. I haven't posed him right next to any of my Dollshe guys yet, but I have the feeling he might be taller mostly because he's got such a high dome to his head. I have yet to see how they compare shoulder-to-shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Please pardon the pictures' quality and lack of closeup detail - I haven't had an opportunity to take very many as the weather has been pretty poor. I can post more after a first good photo shoot, which hasn't happened yet.)

17. WOW!! Jill in WV, your right,they look much better with diffrent faceups. My goodness, he's gorgeous. ^^ Thanks for showing!!I really love the body, but I didn't like their face's at all until now. I'm going to look for more custom faceup pictures.

18. The body is perfect for SABIK soom head. Only problem is I have a CW head! Got talked out of ordering a NS because someone told me it wouldn't fit or work with. It is so much better then Soom male body (mecha angel) for Sabik. He still look slender but very nice. I will be blushing him to work with.

I'm hoping Luts will be selling these bodies seperately and in White!

19. Paulajtm, I asked them about whiteskin SSDF bodies and they are thinking about it. you should just ask them again, so they might reconsider their decisions. ;)

20. It is just curiousity, not to ignore or hurt you...

Asking a company new or changing version of dolls works? I really wonder...

I barely joined community, so I don't have any idea about requiring specific doll I want to company. If it feels rude, I am really really sorry.:sweat