1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SWITCH Discussion ~ Part IX

Apr 27, 2021

1. Ahh, why couldn't Switch release the bodies at the same time as the heads! Now I have to wait three more days to buy Ryuzo! :atremblin I'm very determined to collect all of Switch's skin colours.

2. LOL, how did I not notice that? I just checked and you're right. Only the head is available :XD:

It would be a nice option to be able to add a body to the head order. Thankfully, the resin matches are pretty good for all but Mocha Brown. I have a MB Waseon from 2017 or so and the next year's batch is completely different. Anyhow, I'll be counting down with you since I'm also joining the August order. My points are ready to go!

3. I'm wondering if the new Milktea Rose body will be too different from a 2019 head... That's the only thing holding me back from getting a body for my Soseo from Switch.
      As for Mocha dolls, it seems too difficult to find a body so I'm going to just buy a full doll. I saved up just enough money to get someone on a 65 cm body :XD:

4. I think you'd most likely be safe... No guarantee of course, but Switch is pretty consistent. I was worried about color matching when I got a RW Seolrok Somnia and he was from the original release. His 2020 body matches just fine!

#204 poisonapple88, Jul 29, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    5. I have a 2019 Milktea Soseo on a Mar 2021 body and the match is perfect, if that helps. You can see him here ^^ Login • Instagram

6. This really helps! Thank you! And your boy is very handsome. ^^

7. @mekirin Your Switch Ruan looks gorgeous! The unruly hair suits him perfectly. What body is he on?

Also, could anyone tell me about the poseability of the 60cm boy body? I might have already fallen in love, but it would be nice to know what to expect.

And, when ordering direct through Switch, do they write the full parcel value on the outside, for customs? I can juuuust afford a full dolly, but if I have to add taxes on top of that... I'd like to know how much extra I need to save :sweat

#207 mxwutter, Jul 30, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    8. You can always ask them in the comment section of your order to write lower value, so don't worry (even for UPS/ EMS premium). :thumbup

9. Switch were kind enough to write the lower value even though I didn't ask them to do that. :) But you can always contact them and ask anyway.

10. Unfortunately the Chicago centre is one of the worst in the whole country. It had a report made on it and everything, so anything that goes through it has the chance to take much longer unfortunately. Or it can speed through like nobody’s business. Their management system is completely broken :horror:

11. He's on the HD70 body~ ^^

12. I've just ordered Ryuzo on a HD70A body with a pair of Breathless! :whee: I've fallen for him in Rosy White because of the SONATINE collaboration face-up, and I will try to do such a clean bright face-up as well.
      Now I just have to actually do a face-up for at least one of my Switch boys at home... but the weather won't allow that for some time.:sigh

13. Hello, since I'm planning to hybrid an head that's in rosy white, are there some comparison pics of Switch resin with other companies?

14. @Rurimas I can tell you that it doesn't match Volks white or Luts RS white.

15. That's good to know, thanks!
      Also, did someone try to hybrid the 60/65cm heads on a girl body? I kinda want to do that, I'm curious if someone already managed to do it.

16. switch did that on their own girl's body.
      i remember choyo, taerin & yiwon get thier promotion photos on girl's body
      maybe use the measurement of switch girl's body for reference to find your hybrid?

17. Really? I'm gonna check on their website then, thank you! I plan to make HuisaD a girl, cause I think he would be totally pretty as it with his delicate features. I hope it's gonna work

#217 Rurimas, Aug 4, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    18. I think Doll family H and A make custom colors. At least, I saw the Rosy white color available on Taobao. I asked Alice Collections and you can buy custom colors with them, you just need to put it on the comments section in your order. I'm planning to buy Ryuzo in RW and hybrid him with the DF-A 70 body. Hope it helps!

19. Thank you! This is super helpful and exactly what I was searching for, I'm gonna save it for future reference.

I heard too that DFH has a color matching service, and that's actually pretty interesting so I'll take it into consideration. The only issue is if the head is gonna fit proportion wise one of their female bodies (the tallest is 62cm, I asked a friend to measure it and that's the true height) so I need to see well how big is the head first.
      DFA has a 68cm girl body but... That's too big! I didn't want my girl to be taller than all my boys :XD: