1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SWITCH Discussion ~ Part IX

Apr 27, 2021

1. The artist faceup heads sell out really fast (they are limited in numbers), Nuit is indeed quite popular, sadly you'd have to be there at opening for most to snag one.
      I'm sorry you missed out :(

2. It's probably the combination of all these factors! As far as I know, the artists that collaborate with Switch on the company face-ups only take a limited amount of orders, so when the mold or the face-up is liked by a lot of people, they sell faster than usual. I remember some heads still offering the "with make-up" option a few days in, while others like Damhyeon C selling out in the matter of minutes! So yeah, if you want to buy a head with face-up from Switch, it's better to do it at the order start sharp.

3. Thanks for your responses Shin and Niel. Start time for the sale was 3 am in the morning here and I fell asleep .... but never mind ....my Ajeong Closer head should be with me in a few days. :dance Next time I see a new sculpt and face up I really like I'll make sure to be there on the dot!

4. I was shocked to see Doha sold out last night - 2 hours after the sale started. I'm new to painted Switch heads. Fortunately, I was stalking Ryuzo. What a face! While I was paying for him, I worried he'd disappear. (I had to create an account.)
      Like @Inka'sfriend , next time I'll be prepared. :3nodding:

5. Wow, I had no idea just how difficult or rare it was to get a painted SWITCH head. I'm still learning more and more about the company and SWITCH community I guess ^^;; but makes me even more relieved that I pounced on the Nuit Waseon head when I saw him and didn't decide to wait "for the next one."

#465 Insane-Chan, May 2, 2022
      Last edited: May 3, 2022
    6. Doha sold out within a few minutes. I came back after cooking 7 minutes after the sale opened and he was GONE. Dang :(

7. Actually, it sold out in 3 minutes! :aeyepop:I was finishing up the payment and all, and when the screen went back to the main page, Doha was sold out. (I started the order at 00).
      Out of curiosity, I checked the Korean site immediately and both Doha and Ryuzo got sold out at the same time!
      I think, it's not only because the artist is popular, but Doha's sculpt is really sought after.

Btw, @Inka'sfriend, I had to stay up until 3AM too. :thumbup I was fighting with sleepyness.

8. Sorry you had no joy either @Kurichan. You can still get a blank head but....those eyebrows. :atremblin

Today is a much better day. My Ajeong Closer arrived and he's so beautiful. I've had a lovely time trying out eyes and wigs on him. I'll post a picture once I work out how to do it.

I now need a body. Not sure whether to wait a bit till the new jeans/t-shirts are up or just go for it as no idea how long they will take to appear.

9. I'm waiting for the jeans too! But we won't be seeing them until the holidays are over. :|

I'm also wondering what the shirt that both Doha and Ryuzo are wearing on the promo photos is. The sleeves and the neckline look like Somnia, but the fabric is more simple. I'd buy that too if they offered it. :drool

10. I believe they will sell that shirt
      I see the name Raffine is the outfit item

11. Well, damn. Looks like it's buy a blank Doha head, because his sculpt is so amazing. I already have one but I was thinking of getting a PB one. Now to secure a faceup slot for when he makes his way here.

12. Anyone else had issues with Switch's new Combine Shipping Service, where you purchase ,and then request a refund on part of shipping because its cheaper to send items together rather than separately. I bought some items and then made the request to combine my postage as specified. They then sent a note back asking whether I wanted to ship my new order with an old order (I'd already received the old order). I explained and specified my items and they wrote back saying both would be sent together in the same box at no extra charge. What is the Combine Shipping Service meant to do then? Have requested further clarification. I paid shipping on my body and literally the shipping for the trousers was higher than the trousers themselves actually cost!!

13. @Inka'sfriend Could you explain which orders you asked to combine? I'm kind of confused why Switch would agree to combine an already shipped order. *_*

The combined shipping is for shipping together the orders you specify to Switch, which you haven't received yet. For example, I bought 2 heads a few days ago, but Switch didn't release the jeans and t-shirts I wanted to buy at the same time, so I'm waiting for them to be released and then I'm going to ask Switch to combine the 2 orders to receive them in the same box at a lesser cost. The difference in shipping cost will go to my Reward Points.

Also, I always try to buy several items at a time, because paying the shipping for one item is just too much, even if I end up combining orders and getting Reward Points... :sweat

14. @Niel I explained the orders I asked to combine (they were on the same order sheet but I paid separate shipping for both items) and Switch are yet to come back to me. I think this is where the confusion came from and they didn't notice the other item they offered to combine was already sent. Can't believe the dress trousers cost $33 and I then paid an additional $38 to ship them. I hope they give me some refund if the two are combined. Seriously a pair of dolls trousers weighs nothing..... they should send them for free with other packages.;)

I too would like some more clothing when it becomes available. So I can request for this to be sent with my two orders too at a later date and hopefully save on shipping. Brexit really affected us the shipping is now extortionate.

15. I know, right. But that's just how international shipping works, sadly. Even the base price for the smallest packages is high. :pout:

Well, Switch are currently on holidays, so let's hope they release some clothes as soon as they open again. Maybe your issue will be resolved too~

16. My Waseon head made it safely home to me from Japan! :D
      [​IMG]

However, I was pretty horrified when I saw that Buyee had shipped him not in a box, but in a BAG. Thankfully he is fine, but the only protection he had was his little flimsy plastic Switch container with some bubble wrap around it. I just didn't think I would need their $15 "protective packaging service" because a regular box would have been enough. But a bag was...yikes.

#477 Insane-Chan, May 10, 2022
      Last edited: May 10, 2022
    17. Got a reply from Switch and apparently the two items I ordered were already combined and the cost of shipping was for the total weight. You need a mortgage to pay for shipping nowadays!

Fancy the jeans they just listed but I have a 65 cm body on order so think they will be too big as they are for 70cm dolls.

@Insane-Chan Gorgeous face up on our Waseon. He's on my wish list too. Strangely the only eyes I have which fit my new Ajeong head are a similar colour.

18. Waaah~ He is so pretty! Is this the company face-up from 2019?

I've been eyeing Waseon lately as well! I've heard he's coming some time in Autumn or Winter. I think I'm going to get him, but deciding on the skin colour is always so hard. I wish I had the budget to buy 'em all lol

19. @Inka'sfriend Thanks! It's the company faceup, which I desperately wanted. I only have a few 16mm eyes from my DOTs, and actually, even they seem a little big for him. I might have to invest in 14mm...but I'm ultimately planning either amber/gold or silver eyes.

@Niel Thank you~! Yes, the 2019 Nuit faceup. Waseon is definitely a looker!