1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SWITCH Discussion ~ Part IX

Apr 27, 2021

1. I got the Loongsoul 62 cm body for him and it shipped early and is on the way. However, once the head arrived, I had another doll with the same body and tried the head on it. Didn't like it lol. I do not have the funds to buy another body for him so I may just get rid of the head. I wish I would have known sooner that the match would have not been perfect.:|

2. Aww sorry to hear that! I have seen Switch heads on the Loongsoul 73cm and that seems to be a good match. Switch boys seems to sell well, hope that you find a new home for him soon!

3. hello, i hope someone here can help me. is DFH body a good match for a switch powder beige head?

4. Here are some pics of the Mocha Brown boys in what seems like a long version of Somnia. I really hope the restock the short version some time in the future :eusa_pray

5. FaithZ posted a new image on Gyoha's page for an example of FaithZ makeup.

I'm a little confused, because I thought that was an artist limited faceup? I emailed them to ask them if they got the artist to do it or if they're going to make similar. I know what FaithZ makeup looks like typically, but this is a very specific style they chose as an example.

EDIT:

Here's what Switch told me:
      "Regarding Gyoha Moebius, SWITCH informed us that they were not able to provide any official face-up quotas for us this time as their artist is occupied.
      However, they agreed to allow our artist to paint SWITCH heads following their face-ups.

Hence after we have received the blank Gyoha Moebius heads from SWITCH, our artist will paint them like how it's shown in the official photo (the one labelled with FaithZ Make-up Option).
      It will not be 100% identical but very close in style.
      For your own reference you may refer to the attached photos for samples of FaithZ makeup of other SWITCH heads (also following official SWITCH makeups)."

That's so cool of them to be able to do. And it's cool I get to buy my grail with similar makeup to the one that made me fall in love with him. Man. I'm so happy:3nodding:

#45 Littlebirdzoom, May 5, 2021
      Last edited: May 6, 2021
    6. @mugenkaze
      I have heard that milktea rose is a switch unique mix so it makes sense that there isn’t much around for hybrid options
      Now it leaves me wondering whether I should’ve just got for NS/Powder Beige rip
      I have noticed that older product photos had larger irises for the naive look while the recent ones seem to have shrunken down hmm

@Niel thanks so much for the photo reference! I’ll defs do some research into DF-H and Popodoll! Honestly new to this and it flew over my head that different resin batches have slightly different hues ;; maybe i’ll just have to wait and see if the actual resin colour looks nice and if not maybe look for a swap at this rate aaa :(

7. DF H can do resin match, for free for rosy white and powder beige. as for milktea rose etc.. there wll be addiitonal charge.

8. Just got a shipping notification for a 65 body I ordered just a month ago! Pleasant surprise as I was expecting a much longer wait :O

9. I'm not sure if anyone has done this comparison but last year I purchased a DZ doll in tan during their summer event and used the body for my 2019 Rusi head for some photos and felt like it's a good option for those looking for alternatives. Though I'm sure both companies tans will differ from batch to batch. I will also say the DZ body's skin tone is cooler than the Mocha Brown head.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      The head does look kinda big for the body in my opinion, it is a 62cm body but it was easily hidden with some oversized sweatshirts.

10. i was wondering if anyone had a body or full doll shipped directly from Switch lately, if they charge shipping?
      it's sort of difficult to tell, and somehow my searching DOA is not finding answers, maybe i'm not using the right keywords.
      thank you in advance :aangel:

11. I bought the 70cm body from Switch last month and they didn't charge any extra shipping to the US if that's what you mean. Shipping at checkout was hefty though lol

12. Thank you! some makers are not charging freight on full dolls, so i wasn't sure about that part.

13. Does anyone know if Switch lets you request for changes in resin skintone for preorder heads?

And also if anyone has photo comparisons of the rosy white, powder beige and milktea rose side by side in different lighting? (ie warm bedroom, studio lights, natural outdoor)

Just really confused with what resin colour I’m actually looking for because after submitting my preorder for an Ajeong, I found out from user photos that milktea rose is a lot darker than I thought... (and sometimes it’s as light as rosy white with faceup) and likewise Rosy white sometimes isn’t as white as it seems but a soft pinkish skin??? I can’t tell what’s the “true” colour you’d see if you were to admire them on a daily basis (in ie naturally lit bedroom) :/

14. I took these pictures for the DF-H thread, but thought I'd share them here as well. I tried three of my Switch heads on a resin matched DF-H 65cm body. Switch Heads & DFH Body in Rosy White. The heads and body are both rosy white.

Milhwa and Huisa are a 99% match. Waseon is more beige than the body.

15. Very helpful! What are the release dates of your heads, if I may ask? I'm a big fan of the milk tea rose skin, it's cooler than Volks sunlight/tan, but the way the powder beige doesn't match Volks spot-on anymore is frustrating for someone who's painstakingly collected SD17 bodies in splits.

16. @InvisibleWings Waseon is from 2016 and Huisa and Milhwa are both from 2019. Waseon is not as pink as my Huisa and Milhwa, and never was. I ordered Waseon when Switch was changing from their old white to just rosy white, and was allowing people to buy one or the other, and I'm wondering if I got sent the old white by accident. That or rosy white has just gotten more pink over time. I recently ordered Ajeong Closer in rosy white so I'll have to wait and see what version of rosy white I get.

17. My guy is complete! Switch Ruan in rosy white ^^

[​IMG]

18. He is sooooo handsome! Congratulations! :love

I have Ruan too, but he is still waiting for a body, the poor boy.

19. Is anyone waiting on a Seolrok Hiver from Faithz by chance?

I ordered him with the special faceup and he was set to release in May. I see a lot of people have already had theirs for a while. My friend ordered a different doll with makeup that was supposed to release in June and she already has him lol

It's only the middle of May and I don't want to bother them about it, but I'm curious if anyone else is still waiting ^_^

20. I'm waiting for a Soelrok Hiver with faceup from FaithZ as well.