1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

taking out your dolls

Sep 24, 2009

1. Oh, I always take my dolls out with me...always. ^^ I take them outside for photos a LOT ^_^ And sometimes, when my friends and I go out for dinner & a date, they ask me if I can bring my dolls so they can see a new outfit, or the new face-up, or whatever.

My dolls are very social.

I either carry them in my arms, or I have a bag with me.

Also, I always have a bag ready for them, if I get tired of carrying them.

I see 5-6 year old kids take their dolls & toys outside with them all the time....why can't I? LOL And also, 5 & 6 year olds often LEAVE their toys behind at a cafe or at the movies...sometimes, the parents realize the childs' toy is gone and come back, but mostly, the toy is gone forever. Someone else steals it.

I wouldn't ever do that. So I don't worry about loosing my doll or having someone steal him from me.

They'd have to snatch him out of my hands...and frankly, if that happened, I'd hit them with my walking cane and beat them until they dropped my doll. OnO

.......I'm...only half kidding ;___;

But honestly, who would just SNATCH something out of your hands like that? I live in a "bad" part of town and I've never gotten mugged xD And the people I hang out with would protect me anyways. I have too many friends to let that happen xD

2. There are only very few places where it would be completely inappropriate to bring a BJD - but school is one of them. Unless you've cleared it with your teacher or lecturer first and the doll is at least relevant to the subject (art class, for example), it's best to not take your dolls to school with you. Primarily because a large doll is going to be distracting for yourself and others when you're in a place of learning, but second, you can't guarantee that others will be as careful of your dolls as you are and the last thing anyone needs is the awkward explanation that broken parts need to be paid for and replaced or damaged face-ups need to be re-commissioned.

I've taken my dolls out when I've gone on holiday, gone on walks around town, hiked in the woods... I tend to check the weather before I go, because I don't want to have my dolls out in the rain. Enjoying your doll in the great outdoors is perfectly okay. Just be prepared for a few strange looks!

I had my BJD out on the train when my boyfriend and I were coming back from a trip and the people sat across from us were watching, but I can't complain that they were looking when I'm a grown woman taking pictures of a 45cm doll in public. :) It is a strange sight to people not in the hobby and people do like to stare at strange sights.

3. Its fine taking BJDs out as long as it doesn't disrupt other daily activities such as academics, thesis and stuff. Taking them out to malls and parks are fine as long as proper doll care is observed to avoid dolly breakage and stuff >w< b

4. I do sometimes bring my dolls with me to places but it's usually because I'm planing on taking photos or I'm buying things for them so I want to check to make sure it will work. When I was in high school I brought one of my dolls because one of my friends brought hers. We would play dolls during lunch and swap out thier clothes. I also bring my dolls to meets or when visiting my doll friend, so I will be carrying at least one doll on public transit. Sure some people have given me funny looks but most just ignore me. I look quite young though, so maybe they just assume I'm much younger than I actually am. That wouldn't surprise me.:lol:

When I brought them to school I would get questions and stares. I never got any insults or rude comments to my face though. When two of my classmates started saying my friend was strange for having a 'kinda creepy doll', I turned around and explained what BJDs were. The two classmates immediatey aplogised to me. That was the only slightly negative reaction I've gotten from taking my dolls out with me.:)

If I bring my dolls with me, I always make sure that they won't be too distracting for others and that I will be able to protect them. For example I wouldn't take a bus downtown if I was carrying a doll since those buses are always crowded. And I did make sure to get permission from my teachers to bring my doll to class and they were all cool with it. The English and French teachers even incouraged me to use the characters of the dolls in my writing assignments!

In general people have either ignored them or gotten curious and asked respectful comments.:3nodding:

5. I love to take my boys out and they love it to. Mostly they go on conventions or privat meetings with me. But sometimes I take one of them just for fun with me.