1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Taobaotrends shopping experience

Jul 8, 2017

1. Hi guys, a while back I was asking about using a Taobao agent and some people here suggested Taobaotrends.
      So here's my review of shopping with them. I ordered a Spiritdoll Pyrus from them on April 11. The cost including a fee was 197 $ while on their official website its 280 $. On July 4 my order was updated and then I was able to choose shipping method. Taobaotrend also sent me photos of the doll to confirm everything is okay which is great! (no surprises of wrong sculpt color etc. :)) I chose EMS which costs 57$, Spiritdoll charges 56$. Overall I saved 82$ which is great IMO. The experience so far was pleasant so I hope the doll arrives soon and without any problems.
      I recommend Taobaotrends for Chinese doll brands. They are generally cheaper than international e-shops. Just beware of recasts.You have to make sure it's either an official taobao shop or confirmed dealer. I also exchanged few e-mails with them and their English level was excellent, maybe better than mine. :sweat
      If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

2. I ordered my Mystic Kids body through them and I had a very pleasant experience too. My only concern was the price was so good I was scared until the last minute it might be a recast but thankfully it wasn't. I recommend them a hundred percent. Service is great, and so is contact with them.

3. I've ordered from them for years and service has been great and they're very helpful and communication is very fast. I would definitely recommend them.

4. taobao is really good place to buy Chinese companies' dollsXD. I think lots of doll companies accept PayPal on taobao so maybe you can even buy it straight away without agents
      And the price usually is cheaper=)

5. @Sonik sorry if I'm coming out of the blue, I was interested in purchasing from Spiritdoll through taobao but ended up purchasing directly from their website out of fear, since I have another one of their dolls on my wishlist I was wondering if you had a direct link to their taobao shop, just to be safe? :)

6. No problem. :) This is their official store

手机淘宝

I don't recommend using other agent than Taobaotrends though. I've read a horror story from someone who wanted a doll from the official Taobao store but the agent ordered their doll from a recaster store instead. You can read it here: Spiritdoll | I Have Been Tricked.

7. Thank you so so much @Sonik! I have a Taobaotrends account, and I placed my fist clothes order with them today, and already got a confirmation email, it was highly recommended to me so I don't think I will be leaving them soon :D Thank you again!

8. I have used Taobaotrends twice and I can say without a doubt they are fantastic. I was able to buy clothes and extras cheaper and the communication is immediate and constant! They have taken pics of all the stuff I asked for and I am so happy! One time I ordered clothes for a doll I had and they emailed me asking the size, so they are checking the specifics if you ask for something that is for the size!

:) Very satisfied!

9. I just want to add to my initial post that my doll did indeed arrive soon and without problem. Since my first order I made two more through Taobaotrends. Some people even say that orders from Taobao are processed sooner than from internetational dealers though I can't confirm that.
      They also do consulting and can arrange some special order for you like different resin color or ordering of some extra parts.
      Again, I highly recommend them.

10. I recommend them highly. The purchased a lot of things for me. There were a couple mistakes on small cheap items, but they made good on it or I realized it was my mistake on how I ordered the item. Their communications are good. They are prompt. They are friendly and seem professional. I keep going back to them.

Folks need to keep in mind that they have normal working hours. Plus there is still a language barrier, especially on the taobao/listing website. Taobao and taobao sellers definitely have differences in how they do things compared to eBay.