1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dollshe side of the Dollshe/Dollmore copy issue *translated statement page 27*

Nov 21, 2006

1. Zagzagael, I think people are just thinking perhaps he's being unprofessional and it could make him look bad it court?

One thing that surprises me is the reaction to the dollmore pictures. Some people say that the differences show better in them, and others say that the pictures make them look more similar.
      I think one big difference is how the shoulders are held and the curve of the back, I think those things would require lots of modification to achieve.

I don't want to take sides yet, to me it's silly. My opinion won't change anything.
      I just support Dolls.

2. Playing devil's advocate here, but the only word we've got about Mr. Dollshe's "reign of cyber terror" and alleged harrassment (quotations for de-emphasis) are that of Dollmore, who is naturally going to want to portray their opponent as hysterical and unreasonable as possible whether the allegations are true or not.

3. Hey guys, I just received Mr. Dollshe's letter.

Erm... it's LONGER and.... with MORE diplomatic words.

And, because i took my time off working on Mr. Dollshe's response and Dollmore's, i'm 3 days late on my translation of this particular book.... (omg i'm not fired yet? wonder why .... coz i would fire myself if i were the editor XD )

So please give me... erm... a day? or so. I'll translate it as SOON as i finish this book, i promise ^^;;;;

until then, once again, please hold off on your thoughts, because... again I think Mr. Dollshe's words are pretty relative. ^_^;;;;

So, sorry for the anticipation and suspense.... I'm going back to work ^^;;; (don't hate me XD )

4. Rukawagf, there's no need to apologize! You're spending your free time on this and it's greatly appreciated. This drama can take a back burner while you get your real work accomplished.

Thank you for your translations so far!

5. Thank you so much for doing this again, Mr dollshe said on his email he is very grateful and apologizes for all the trouble that caused you, hugs

6. Has anyone taken a good look at these two bodies side-by-side?

A really good look?

Let's pay attention to size and proportion, shall we? From just a cursory glance at these bodies, for Kyle to have been sculpted over a Hound body, I believe the Hound body would need to be sanded down to nothing. The joints in the knees surely would have to be sanded completely off and resculpted - and though the elbow joint is similar, it too would probably need to be entirely reconstructed. The neck is smaller, which means Kyle's neck would have to be sanded and resculpted. The legs would need to be lengthened and resculpted.

It seems illogical for Dollmore to have taken all that trouble to sand down the body so entirely and resculpt. And even if they did, if they sculpted a new body and new joints onto what is essentially just a sanded-down, flat shell, is that really copying Dollshe's design?

The fact that the body would have to be so significantly sanded to be 'copied' makes me extremely suspicious of Mr. Dollshe's photos.

Also, I believe Ashbet's Mau head is very relevant. Whether she started making them with the intention to sell them or not, the fact remains that she cast and sold a significant number of heads for customers and charged for them. Yes, she did say outright that she sculpted them on another head for a base, but she still sold them. Just because she isn't a commercial entity doesn't mean she has nothing to do with the debate about sculpting over an existing frame.

I think it's very important to step back and realize how very, very different those two bodies really are, and what effort Dollmore would have to go through to 'copy' them, as Mr. Dollshe claims.

7. And take into consideration that the kyle doll Mr. Dollshe took photos from WAS tampered with to the simple fact he sawed parts and joints in half. Not saying he tampered with anything else.

Sawing it makes it irrelivant to measure the exact distances of the imperfections on the resins to see if they are indeed in the same exact locations.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. sawed????????? where?

just in case

top left body: dollshe
      Top right body: dollmore

Bottom left butt: dollmore
      Bottom right butt: dollshe

9. Don't you see how the mid section of the torso where it connects to the hips had to have been sawed to take the bottom picture or else you would not see the blue cloth from the holes where the legs are supposed to be.

It's the second picture.

Edit: unless the second picture is a perfect downshot.??

10. got it. i understand now.

11. Someone had to say it :aheartbea

For me, unless Dollmore manages to come out with a REALLY good explanation of the exact inner markings, the closely copied chest, and the hands...I'm set *shrug* I don't need a court to make decisions I feel I can see for myself.

Has there been any news on the release of the other body? Pictures?

And yes, what of this previous 'Dollmore copied' thing? I'm curious.

Rukawagf:
      Please don't get yourself fired on ac**** of a dolly-feud. I'm sure such an explanation wouldn't go over well with your boss, though I'd love to watch the situation XD Thanks for taking your free time in translating these letters for us, regardless of if they spark more controvery or not. It really lends more than hearsay to the debate, and it crtainly takes a lot of effort on your part. :aheartbea

12. I didn't get the impression that those two particular photos had anything to do with the inside mold imperfections, I thought it was showing how similar their torsos and pelvic areas were.

13. Maybe I'm just bad with search, but I looked around for awhile and couldn't find a word about it. I suspect it's just talk, which so often happens in situations like these.

14. In terms of he smearing his own name, I just mean it looks like he got really hot headed, and when he goes to court dollmore could point to this thread which may be 40 or more pages by then and say "look how he damaged our company, all these people wont buy or product now". This could hurt his case. this is why lawyers advise they're clients to keep quiet until these things are decided in court.
      I myself can understand the hot headed aspect, I myself would be screaming to the heavens if this happened to me.

15. Celebare said
      "Has anyone taken a good look at these two bodies side-by-side?"

YES. PamSD, Hyon, my Husband and myself have examined both dolls together side-by-side. We really got a good look when we shot the comparison pics.

16. I have been buying from Dollmore since 2004 and have never heard a word about any supposed copying that occurred previously. I agree with you, I suspect it is just talk, or rumor that comes in handy to bring up in a topic such as this.

17. I believe these are just top-down shots. I can get similar photos with my SD13 body, which also has that type of jointing... and I've never cut him in half. :) I also don't think he would have cut the doll in half without disclosing it in his photos. Similarly, if this Kyle is the "evidence" that he intends to show in person at doll shows, I think he'll want it complete.

18. Wait a second...is he going to show these dolls at doll shows before it's decided in court? My gosh, how strange. That is either...hot-headed, or confident. If he loses, won't DM be able to take him to the cleaners in a defamation countersuit?

I have a question, though. Is all this smear campaign going on because the courts are slow to move over there and this is the only way that he feels he can get the company to stop making profit off of something that he sees as his? If he's concerned about copyright, why not just send a professional, legal cease-and-desist order and have DM stop production until the court date rather than throwing a hissy fit and letting popular opinion do his work for him? (Which doesn't work in all cases. A C&D order would stop the dolls completely.) Do those not exist in the relevant corporate law there?

19. This thread is going to be temporarily locked.

At this point, speculation is beginning to sound like pontificating and certain verbiage is wildly inaccurate in its use. We will re-open the thread as information and translations become available again.

Thank you for understanding.

20. I think only a person with relevant knowledge of Korean laws would be able to provide us with the answers to the excellent questions you've raised, Darkwood.