1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The endless craving for a "new" BJD

Jun 23, 2015

1. Do you have that craving for a new doll all the time? do you crave the endless wait, the fresh smell of resin, the bursting bubbles while unwrapping the doll joints? :love Even if you have the dolls you want to have in your wishlist already. :o there is always that one more doll that was just released, right? :roll:

2. I'm actually pleased that I don't constantly feel this urge anymore. I do admit, after I took a break for a few years and finally ordered a new doll, it WAS pretty thrilling to finally unwrap her. It had been so long since I'd had that experience! But even so, I think my desire for a complete, "perfect" collection outweighs the urge to gather new dolls I might not have as personal a connection with. It's easier the longer I've been in the hobby ;)

3. I only want a new doll if I have something planned for it.
      Or its a limited that's extremely pretty.

But I don't feel any particular urge. It's more like "Oh, that's nice. I'd like one." and that's about it.

4. I have to admit, I'm glad that I *don't* really have that urge... I just flat-out don't have room in my cabinets for many more little resin minions, so a constant stream of in-comings would turn into a serious "dolly real-estate" disaster in pretty short order! :lol:

I've learned never to say never when it comes to adding new sculpts to the crew, but I don't go looking for them.

5. I don't even have my first doll yet and I'm already craving another one. But then again, maybe that's stemmed from me just craving for my first doll to arrive :sweat Still though, I look around at all the beautiful dolls on this forum and in the stores online and I just want some of them so badly. Dang this lack of money or ability to work due to health issues... :|

6. I used to have that urge so bad, I was buying cheap dolls just to always have one in the works. Now, I only have one planned right now that I'm saving up for, and no others planned for a few years. I find dolls mean a lot more to me when I wait and be sure it's something I really really love and will most likely want to keep around for awhile.

7. When I received my first BJD on March 30, I wasn't expecting her to be there when I got home tbh.
      I had received an email from the company stating that the doll had been shipped, not delivered. When I got home, I screamed and immediately began opening her!
      I'll never forget the feeling when I opened her. She blew my mind! Her sculpt was gorgeous and she was exactly what I wanted.

As for the endless craving, yes. I have that all the time.
      I'll go a couple of days without even thinking of a doll, then I'll remember that I want another and it just never ends haha.
      I miss that excitement! I can't wait to get my next BJD.

8. Yeah, but in the way that I'm constantly hoping for new dolls to come out in hopes to find one that I just fall in love with instantly. It hasn't happened yet but I'm still hoping.

9. I always have the urge because I feel like I have many "sub-collections" of different-sized dolls who could all use friends.. but also, I just simply cannot afford to buy dolls too often, so the wait usually means I look and I look and then I want...

10. I'm always craving new things for the dolls I already have. I just ordered a MNF Liria, and I wasn't planning on ordering any new dolls. I don't have a lot of money to throw around, so I really have to plan for a doll, and don't usually crave one until I see a deal I can't pass up. When I saw a post for my Delf Miyu on instagram with very flexible layaway, I couldn't pass her up. She's one of my grails. When I saw that Liria was on DDE and I could do layaway, I couldn't pass her up. I fell in love with the Kid Delf 2013 summer event head and saw Plague put it on the MP for a great price, and couldn't pass her up. Then Luts did layaway for an event, so I could pass up the opportunity to get her a body! It goes on and on and on! Good deals are my DOWNFALL, I cannot resist a good deal! I've learned to just stay away from the MP so I don't find dolls to crave (especially since so many dolls I want are no longer being made).

11. I used to be like that but honestly...? Right now I want to get those few last dolls so that I may be done with collecting. I'm itching to get the newbies home but I'm not looking forward to having to buy them either, in a way. It's not because they'll be new, rather I'm happy that I won't have to buy any more resin after that... XP and then I can focus on getting other things for them since my fund is rather limited.

12. i guess i do have this 'endless' craving for a new doll. i think it is mostly because i have a lot of sculpts that i really like and because i just ordered a doll as my first. i have always been excited to open new packages of the things i'm interested in.:XD:

13. It always is the "Or its a limited that's extremely pretty" that gets me. :sweat
      If a doll is limited or out of production, I get super grabby hands.

I have gotten better about it, though not to the point where I have actually gotten any of the basic dolls on my wishlist.
      There are two basic dolls I have plans for, but with my impulsiveness when it comes to bjds, I am not sure if I will ever get them.

14. I always tell myself this is the last doll and then I'll be happy! But then my tastes shift, people get reshelled, rinse and repeat. I'm not the type to flip out over every new doll from a company anymore, but if I create a character I love I'll go searching for a shell for them and that's my downfall.

15. Last year was my first year in this hobby and I only expected to buy one doll that year but instead I ended up with four dolls, two heads and a body. It was only a month after I got my first boy that I put my second one on a short layaway. Then after that one arrived I placed my order for my third and fourth a few weeks later. I definitely had that endless craving last year.

So far, this year, I've only bought one doll and a head for the body I have. As of now, I'm pretty satisfied with my collection but I still want to get the dolls on my wishlist. I'm just not in as much of a hurry as I was my first year. Plus, I don't have very much space in my bedroom. I barely even have room for the guys I do own and I would like to finish the ones that are already here.

16. I swear everyday I see a new BJD that I like in some way.
      Especially limited dolls, because I know I'll never be able to get them again. :sweat

17. I feel this way a lot. It's like, "do I really like this doll or do I just think I do because they're limited?"

18. can't say I've ever had that feeling. granted I only have one doll currently, and I only really have plans to own 3 resin BJDs so I don't actually end up looking at shops all that much, and limited edition dolls usually don't interest me.

19. I had the endless craving feeling like you before i met Juan from iplehouse,with him i no longer need other dolls.
      How ever,i still loves to visit different website store to look at the doll picture. It has become my habit

20. I currently don't have the craving but that might just be because I'm stressing out over a tiny I ordered that's just not arriving for some reason.

I started out with a second-hand full-set YOSD girl who I still adore but have no character for at the moment. I was happy with just her and intended to spoil her. Then Fairyland screwed me over by releasing the Feeple60 Moe Miyu which had been my non-existing grail for a while. I never actually expected them to bring the Moe-line to the Feeple60's, I was ecstatic! I ordered her the second they came out. She's still naked and in her box as we speak but I love her to bits. No funds for clothing or anything at the moment though so we'll have to wait it out. And now I have a little Pukifee on her way since my partner bought her for my birthday. I guess he figured since I had two already, three wouldn't be a problem either.

I really just want one BJD to focus on but I can't get myself to sell the others. Why must they all be so precious? :( I really do regret buying them up until the point that I'm holding them and playing with them. Those are usually the moments that I think about getting yet another one. On top of that I also have a long list of sculpts I admire and wouldn't mind owning and I'd also love to own a tan BJD sometimes.

I seem to have horrible restraint...