1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The experience of owning many dolls

Sep 10, 2009

1. i think this is an interesting topic and i've had discussions sort of along these lines with some friends of mine.... its also really cool reading everyone's comments!

How did you end up with a large collection?

its hard to say, i had a fair few characters already in my stories/drawings etc, so i thought i probably wouldn't end up with too many dolls, i've had a few impulse buys, but i never really planned on a set number...

How does it feel to own a lot of dolls?
      it's just like when i owned a hand full, but i get more choices for photography, meets etc.

How organized is your collection?
      my dolls are first arranged by size, then some by how their displayed and finally by who they are part of my stories with. so my Yo's and smaller all have a shelf together. my MSD's have another shelf. then my SD's are sorted by how their displayed (ie stands or chairs), and who their character relates to.

Can you give a general description of how you usually play with or enjoy your many dolls?
      my dolls all live in my studio, so i'm around them alot. i photograph them when i get ideas etc, i take them to alot of meets, or to visit friends. and there is generally one or two of my dolls off visiting friends or getting stuff made at any one point. i also take them one into work at least once or twice a week.

What do you consider the best part of owning many dolls?
      besides the fact i get more options when photographing and meets, its probably the variety of bodies and skin tones i own. i can resin-match for others, and compare bodies etc.

How many dolls do you own and what do you consider a "large" collection?
      i currently have 20 i own. 6 Yo's, 2 MSD's, 12 SD's. i have been collecting a few years though, and admiring even longer. and i have more planned still.
      i guess to me a large collection is anything into double digits, but we have a number of collectors around my area with collections my size or bigger, so its hard to say really what i see as a large collection anymore. i dont really mind how many dolls people have, weather is one or two or lots.
      as an artist myself i'm always creating charters and concepts...

2. How did you end up with a large collection?
      I can't say no to all those dolls in the marketplace in need of a home ( :

How does it feel to own a lot of dolls?
      The more dolls I have, the more I want. Plus im very
      Mothering. I should have had a ton of kids. I have a lot of love to go around.

How organized is your collection?
      I have different dolls for different rooms in the house.

Can you give a general description of how you usually play with or enjoy your many dolls?
      I take lots of pictures, I dress them different every week and I like to change their jewelry everyday.

What do you consider the best part of owning many dolls?
      All the different looks, from human to fantasy... all the clothes & shoes...
      ( is like having kids that mind REALLY well )

How many dolls do you own and what do you consider a "large" collection?
      I would think more then 20 would be a pretty big collection.