1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The funniest/cutest situations with your pets and BJD

Nov 15, 2017

1. So, the cutest thing happend today.:love

My little kitten Cannelle likes to hang out with us humans, but she's not very cuddly. She prefers to sleep next to me more than on my laps.

And today I was chilling on my laptop with my doll (she hasn't a name yet) sitting next to me. And then, Cannelle comes by, hops on the couch and lyes on the knees of the doll. She starts to purr very loudly and looks calm and comfortable... She felt asleep some minutes later.
      It was so sweet I couldn't handle it haha :XD: And it was just an hour after me and my boyfriend discussing the fact that the doll had a 'mean and scary' look. Well, we're not afraid of her anymore since our cat adopted her :p

[​IMG]23618981_1479688082086974_1592502101_n by Marlena Bukowska, sur Flickr

Tell me your cute/funny stories involving BJD and your animals! :D

2. To be honest, the only interaction my bunny has had with my dolls was trying to bite Emilio. I doubt that would've been good for either of them!

3. This is so so sweet ahh!! I don't have a full doll yet so I don't have any experiences to share but I think my cat would just sniff a bjd then carry on with whatever he was doing he doesn't really care about new stuff :XD:

4. Ah, my kitties.
      I had my Hyperon (Rich) sitting in a chair in the living room and I'd find CAT hair in his hand, like he'd petted my Harry (who has long grey hair). Finally I saw how this happened (no the doll did not come to life LOL) - Harry would stick his head under Rich's hand to scratch himself LOL I have tried multiple times to get a pic but nope, can't manage it.
      Another thing Harry does - he likes the little pool table I got the dolls. I'd constantly find the balls moved & didn't understand (again, no, the dolls weren't playing a quick game LOL) - it was the cat jumping on the mini-pool table & rearranging things :D

5. My cat gets super needy whenever I bring out my dolls, like she suddenly decides then that she needs me to pay attention to her and give her love. I can be going about my day with not seeing much of her because she's just lounging around the house in odd places, but as soon as I grab one of my dolls it's suddenly her time. I keep one of my dolls in the box it came in and my cat tries to hop in with the doll, and then she'll try to bite any doll clothes I have in my hands. I think she's jealous. My two dogs, however, never bother a thing.

6. My Rat Terrier, Armani, snuggling Justin. She usually doesn't mind the dolls in any way, she knows not to bother them, even if they're easily within her reach. One day, Justin was sitting on the couch and I caught Armani dragging her blanket over to cover his legs, then snuggling up against him. It was adorable and sweet, but I was so surprised and amazed by the behavior that I didn't manage to get a photo!

7. I keep my doll away from my dogs. I’m not worried about them chewing on them or anything, but I know they’d drag their cold wet noses aaaaallll over the face-up, because they’re little terrors that way.

8. Well, most people won't think this is cute, but my cat steals wigs. Often right out off the dolls' heads. He's fond of fur, both real and faux, so fur clothing is also something he goes after. Then he carries them around like he killed something and he's so proud. He also "helps" restring by trying to steal the string and the s-hooks. And he loves loves loves doll bags. All of them. Even bags belonging to guests and friends who come over for meets or to hang out. He'll just hop right in. Even if dolls are still in there. So the first thing I do when people come over is warn them about bags and wigs. He's super-friendly so if there's fifteen people in the house he'll just stroll on into the middle of the crowd and start thieving, right out in front of everyone.

So yeah. I think he's adorable. But I'm a terrible cat mom and I spoil him rotten and let him do whatever he wants. He never bothers the actual dolls, so I figure I got off easy. I mean, he's a twenty pound cat, and it's not all fat, he's just huge. He could do damage if he wanted too, but he's happy sleeping in bags and stealing wigs.

9. My cat loves snuggling against my doll's wigs xD He hasn't tried to steal one yet but he loves rubbing against them and 'styling' them.

10. My husband's cat, Sydney will try and get into our doll's closet room.
      [​IMG]
      And bookshelf rooms, These are old photos the rooms look much cooler now, but she still does it. She hasn't knocked a doll off. So we are good.
      [​IMG]
      My old man cat, Trouble, is lazy and let my little Dorian sit on his back for a bit.
      [​IMG]

11. So many cats :D! My cats tend to just ignore my dolls usually (aside from the occasional "huh what's this?" sniff)) however the big fluffy brush I use to brush away excess pastel dust is something my cats just have to kill. If I leave that brush out and either of my cats see it? Well, let's hope I return before they've pulled all the bristles out! :sweat

12. This morning, I saw my ferret jumped and danced on new bjd box. I think she was curious what inside.

Several year ago, one of my ferrets stole brown fur clothes and ran before our eyes. We laughed because the color of that fur clothes wes really similar to our ferret's fur.

Normally I keep doll far from my pets'paws but sometimes they accidentally met.

13. That's so cute! I wish my cats were so into what I do instead of just sleep through everything but I guess that's why I love ferrets so much, they seem like really cool, inquisitive and intelligent pets! Plus I've seen some people post photos of their ferrets and their dolls together and the ferrets were just really in scale, like dollie companions ^^

14. I wish I had adorable stories XD My cat loves to munch on little plastic things to get my attention, it causes me great concern most times and I try to keep things out of his view. I caught him jumping up on the tables to try and munch on my dollies fingers and toes, goodness! I keep them well out of his reach now >.<""

15. Hahah I loved all of your stories! :lol: :XD:
      And for pets that don't even care... well, maybe it's for the better xD xD

My cats also love to play in the boxes : one of them hides inside and the other one jumps on her.. or they just play hide and seek ^^
      They're so happy about it that I don't have the heart to forbid it for them... even tought it will limit my possibilities if I ever want to sell my dolls. But right now I'm more like ''why would I have to sell them anyway, just look how my babies (cats) are happy just playing in a box'' :P :kitty2

16. My cat Edwin loves Petunia. If I leave Petunia on a chair, or a bed, she (my cat) has to go over and meow at her- before cuddling up next to her! I'll have to get a photo sometime, it's so cute :chibi

17. My cat gets insanely jealous if he sees one of my dolls on my lap and will jump up and forcibly wedge himself between me and said dolly lol. He's a big cat too he takes up most of my lap by himself.

18. My cat Reno likes to stroke the doll hair. He stretches his little paw out and gently runs his paw through the hair. It's cute on the straight fiber wigs, gives me a heart attack when he attempts it on the mohair!

19. Just dropping the Giant Miniature Space Cavy right here

[​IMG]